MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

My buddy in LTA told me that new regulations on Uber and Grabcar will be coming out soon, maybe as early as before CNY. He didn't want to say more because still P&C as KBW haven't officially open mouth yet but he confirmed there will be no ban. I am guessing that drivers will need to undergo vocational training and vehicles need to be of a certain age. It seems that consumers feedback and welfare has the biggest influence on the final policy decision, not the complaints of taxi operators and drivers.

So my question is what has vocational training done good to taxi drivers behaviours?

The answer is to generate income for the gov.
  • Praise 3

Income of $2600-3600 a month is realisic? I heard you can make more.

Versus Taxi

Lower monthly rental

Lower non peak charges

Higher fuel cost

Higher insurance

Higher % cut to Uber and Grabcar

Winners: Passengers, Uber and Grab?

Losers: Taxi companies

Sama Sama: Drivers (but more shiok to drive private car and less rules?)

See what analytics does?

Edited by Voodooman

end up one app undercut another app [laugh] [laugh]

& nobody asking how these coys make even 1cent of profit? if uber close shop overnight, there will a huge taxi demand & pple sure complain not enough cabs. Garmen better realize this & dun let such dodgy coys assume a big role in public transport infrastructure. Better monitor them more

• Praise 1

to cut 20% for doing practically nothing is really too much profiteering bearing in mind that they are cutting from a large pool, not 1 driver's takings.

end up one app undercut another app [laugh] [laugh]

a lok kok old Sunny, they already charge rental 400+/week = 1,600/month

for young fleet, probably they charge 500-600. Give it 600, 1 mth = 2,400/mth

Minus ins and maintenance (if any), still big earn.

Heard there are dealers who are buying used cars at fair prices for Uber usage. Not the 8-9yr old cars but even 5-6year old ones. Not sure how they going to cover their costs but I guess if $11k to $12k depreciation a year would mean $1k+ per mth which they can cover thru their rentals easily I guess.

Edited by Kangadrool

Supercharged

Looks like lobang gg to be closed soon...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/review-of-private-car-hire-services-details-to-be-made-known-soon

A government review of private-car hire services such as Uber is currently being finalised, with details to be made known in the coming weeks.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) revealed this yesterday, when it released results of an annual survey on customer satisfaction with taxi services.

The review, first announced by Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan last October, examines whether private-car hire services are competing fairly with the taxi industry. Mr Khaw had said then that where justified, the Government will "level the playing field".

He said transport apps help link surplus supply with demand, and the Government must be fair to the players - whether incumbents or newcomers - and strike a "balanced approach".

He tasked Senior Minister of State for Transport Ng Chee Meng to lead the study.

Mr Ng has met key stakeholders, such as commuters, cabbies and private-car hire drivers, to seek their views.

It remains to be seen if any regulations on the private-car hire industry will be imposed after the review.

Last November, the National Taxi Association submitted a list of recommendations to Mr Ng, calling for greater parity between both industries, such as vocational licensing for both taxi drivers and private chauffeurs.

Adrian Lim

I always believed that Uber drivers eventually will be made to undergo training and pass exam like taxi drivers.  They will also be subjected to regulation and standards as taxi companies.  This is to ensure some quality service level and also enforcement of compliance to safety.

Their vehicle should be subjected to more frequent safety related inspection compared to normal private cars.

Most of them are renting 8-9yrs old car for their business and older cars need more maintenance to keep them in optimal operating condition.

just in today is that UBER drivers need to have vocational license.

REally protect the taxi drivers here....and more importantly their pockets...

Yesterday evening just witnessed an uber car cannot start and got stuck on Jurong Island. Had too call in the tow truck. There goes the day's earning and more.

↡ Advertisement