• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
624 replies to this topic | 791 praises

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

just rcvd a letter from opennet saying that my unit can subscribe to fibre broadband services already.

so anyone already using fibre ?

how is the speed compared to the present cable or ADSL ?

i am considering M1's 25mbps pack at $39 since its the cheapest of the lot and also since all 3 ISP lists their international speed at 15mbps only.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i have the m1 100mbps fibre that came with free hp i5 notebook last year sep. Is pretty fast, i pay only 39 a month and can bt movies in few mins to an hour which used to take hours and days over adsl. No regrets.
Visit http://carcameras.blogspot.com/ for HD Digital Camcorders for car use

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i have the m1 100mbps fibre that came with free hp i5 notebook last year sep. Is pretty fast, i pay only 39 a month and can bt movies in few mins to an hour which used to take hours and days over adsl. No regrets.

Thanks for the recommendation. Been hearing good things about M1 too.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

so anyone using the 25mbps plan ? 100mbps is far in comparison leh ....although $59.

will be porting over my home number from ST to M1 also by subscribing to the residential gateway ($2/mth).

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

AndrewLee72
  • Premium member
    AndrewLee72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

$39 p/m for 100mb - Student Plan only. Im using the 50mb - $49 p/m - quite good. Rent the router for $2 pm. Comes with free tel line if you pay activation charge $33 there about I think.

Note : Once you sign up at the Shop still have to wait a few days for the Tech to come down your house to install the stuffs before u can start surfing!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What plan is yours how come so super cheap? I went to M1 website, the price plan still the same as b4, 100Mbps $59 and no free gift.

Link to M1 plans

Edited by Sgnick, 10 April 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Hey, I have my own personal MCF stalker! Have u gotten yours yet?
QUOTE (Booboon @ Jan 24 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Er, something abt sgnick if that might interest u.
1. Drives an opc g spec sienta. Green colour.
2. Lives in hougang and has alot of money. At least that wat he claims.
3. Is a Chinese male in his 30s n wear specs.
4. Hangs around sgsienta. The forum is dead anyway.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

$39 p/m for 100mb - Student Plan only. Im using the 50mb - $49 p/m - quite good. Rent the router for $2 pm. Comes with free tel line if you pay activation charge $33 there about I think.

Note : Once you sign up at the Shop still have to wait a few days for the Tech to come down your house to install the stuffs before u can start surfing!

huh !! still got $33 activation fee ?? KNN !!

anyway, i still have 2 mths more b4 my 8mbps mio expire ...hope got good offers during this period.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What plan is yours how come so super cheap? I went to M1 website, the price plan still the same as b4, 100Mbps $59 and no free gift.

Link to M1 plans

this was the very 1st launch of fibre at suntec sep 1 last year... yeah, i was one of those kiasu who went to queue up on the 1st day of the IT show to get this offer. It was supposed to be $59 per month - but as I was one of the trial subsrciber for the fibre plans, we got an additional discount.
Visit http://carcameras.blogspot.com/ for HD Digital Camcorders for car use

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ok, this is the latest (i presume) from the 3 telcos .... since i got them last week only.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

No choice leh... if not for the hub club discount.... already jump ship.... but got saving under SH.... so will prob stick with them when me hse wire up... likely end of the year...

Now wanna download movie (esp Smurf) take hell of a long time..... lipsrsealed.gif laugh.gif ....NBzzz... tongue.gif

Edited by Nlatio, 10 April 2011 - 07:32 PM.

________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

No choice leh... if not for the hub club discount.... already jump ship.... but got saving under SH.... so will prob stick with them when me hse wire up... likely end of the year...

Now wanna download movie (esp Smurf) take hell of a long time..... lipsrsealed.gif laugh.gif ....NBzzz... tongue.gif

so are under using fibre now or adsl/cable ? if mio, traffic in the morning seems light and faster. I always get my weekly dosage of WWE in the mornings.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

LMFAO
  • Premium member
    LMFAO
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all, just to share with you guys. rolleyes.gif

Currently having promotion on fibre broadband, to whom looking for it you can pm me happy.gif

Speed Test (ASUS -N56U- Wireless 5 GHz)

Contact me @ eight-three-eight-eight-eight-two-six-two (Whatsapp available)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

Assaxefour
  • Assaxefour
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am on this http://www.myrepublic.com.sg/ not bad quite good service unlike those big telco.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi all, just to share with you guys. rolleyes.gif

Currently having promotion on fibre broadband, to whom looking for it you can pm me happy.gif

list prices can?
Relocated

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

LMFAO
  • Premium member
    LMFAO
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

list prices can?

Hi All,

Has replied all PM and questions happy.gif
Please note there is ONT installation charge of $58.85

Reserve your earliest installation date now.

Cheers,
James

Speed Test (ASUS -N56U- Wireless 5 GHz)

Contact me @ eight-three-eight-eight-eight-two-six-two (Whatsapp available)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi All,

Has replied all PM and questions happy.gif
Please note there is ONT installation charge of $58.85

Reserve your earliest installation date now.

Cheers,
James

thanks for the PM.

hope it keep such price till i renew.

or when i really want.

cheers.
Relocated

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just rcvd a letter from opennet saying that my unit can subscribe to fibre broadband services already.

i am considering M1's 25mbps pack at $39 since its the cheapest of the lot and also since all 3 ISP lists their international speed at 15mbps only.

I subscribe to Starhub Fibre Optic broadband.
Dono its because of SH or the Fibre BB, but there are downtimes with no internet connection and and slow speed.

I got the 50MB plan and got Nothing, no freebies, only got the cheapo looking Huawei Modem and wireless router...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Good-Carbuyer

Just got mine commissioned less than an hour ago. Just also told the line broadband port at one laptop not able to detect the Cat 5 cable signal. Got to go to enquire on laptop warranty.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I subscribe to Starhub Fibre Optic broadband.
Dono its because of SH or the Fibre BB, but there are downtimes with no internet connection and and slow speed.

I got the 50MB plan and got Nothing, no freebies, only got the cheapo looking Huawei Modem and wireless router...

i keep the modem and router on 24/7, no down time leh (but with singtel) biggrin.gif
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Who's using fibre plans from the newer RSPs ie providers with the smallest consumer subscribers base? Care to share about your experience?
1923 - 2015. You will be missed. Any possibility you can come back and salvage the current mess? Pretty please?

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: singtel, starhub, fibre and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users