Fibre broadband

Ysc3

I also receive this postcard from Singtel  :grin:

i on 500M now, so confirm modem can support 1G -- no need to change modem  :a-happy:

attachicon.gifIMG_1826.JPG

I also receive this postcard from singtel.

Mine also 500M to 1G.But the existing 500M router cant support 1G.

They only provide you the 1G network.You got to buy a better router to be able to enjoy 1G network.

In the end i sign $69 package for 1G comes with 6 mths free(for first 6 mths),a new better router,$100 singtel phone voucher.

Personally negotiate another 1 mth free so total 7 mths.

Find that still cheaper than continue the 500M free upgrade plan.

↡ Advertisement

Sometimes hor, use chinese char better. I read as 变圆人 at first, and tot documentary about growing fat...

This computer the chinese typing got some issues. So when i type hanyu pinyin, usually from my work computer.

I also receive this postcard from singtel.

Mine also 500M to 1G.But the existing 500M router cant support 1G.

They only provide you the 1G network.You got to buy a better router to be able to enjoy 1G network.

In the end i sign $69 package for 1G comes with 6 mths free(for first 6 mths),a new better router,$100 singtel phone voucher.

Personally negotiate another 1 mth free so total 7 mths.

Find that still cheaper than continue the 500M free upgrade plan.

I think my current modem is ok.

When i upgrade to 500m, Singtel provides this modem. the specs indicate it supports 1Gbps.

The FG7003GRV(AC) could function as a gigabit router by connecting the 1Gbps ethernet WAN port to an FTTH ONT. It extends the fast fiber connection to the house. It also supports multiple VLAN management for delivering multiple services.

fg7003.gif

• Praise 2

I used to be a Singtel loyalist, everything from BB to HP all Singtel.

Then I change one day and never look back.

Currently M1 200Mbps + ASUS N56U + 1GB Data + Voice + Free Install + DECT = $29 per month. I exchange the DECT for $50 and Citibank give me another $50.  

Recently, Singtel up my mobile plan from $19 to $35 overnight, just before the IT Show.

Then I also change to mySIM15+ X3 = $20.35 per month X 3. Free 4G forever.

All lot of saving.  Unlike Singtel & Starhub, M1 have no TV contents, so they don't bundle.

BTW, only after I switch to M1 HP, Singtel sent me an email stating they reduced my plan from 35 to 23.  What is the point ?  I'm gone....

No point staying with singtel. They keep changing their plans n give u so called free upgrades or free channels. End up u pay more. I hv fibre, mio n mobile. Jus got offered a higher speed n more channels....but monthly become more. I told them to forget it. Gonna jump ship once i decided which one to go for.

• Praise 3

My contract with SingTel for fibre just ended in May.

Have been paying  $65.33 for Fibre entertainment bundle @200 mbps

and another $65.33 for MioTV (with BPL)

Now thinking of either recontracting or explore new option.

Saw the PC show deals:

SingTel

======

1 Gbps

$59.90 for 12 mth = $718.80

$83.80 for 12 mth = $1005.60

Total = $1724.40

Starhub

======

1 Gbps

$49.90 with free 6 mth = $898.20

M1

==

1 Gbps

$39 = $936

I have mobile lines with Singtel that will enjoy 25% for all plans, which means savings of about $40 each month, and I can upgrade my phone every year.

I would like to have BPL and some program like CCTV news (for my dad) as TV plan too...

Not sure with all these fanciful ways of packaging the deals whether there are other hidden considerations or not...

Does it make sense for me to switch to Starhub?

Anyone can offer any advice? Tks...

• Praise 1

My contract with SingTel for fibre just ended in May.

Have been paying $65.33 for Fibre entertainment bundle @200 mbps

and another $65.33 for MioTV (with BPL)

Now thinking of either recontracting or explore new option.

Saw the PC show deals:

SingTel

======

1 Gbps

$59.90 for 12 mth = $718.80

$83.80 for 12 mth = $1005.60

Total = $1724.40

Starhub

======

1 Gbps

$49.90 with free 6 mth = $898.20

M1

==

1 Gbps

$39 = $936

I have mobile lines with Singtel that will enjoy 25% for all plans, which means savings of about $40 each month, and I can upgrade my phone every year.

I would like to have BPL and some program like CCTV news (for my dad) as TV plan too...

Not sure with all these fanciful ways of packaging the deals whether there are other hidden considerations or not...

Does it make sense for me to switch to Starhub?

Anyone can offer any advice? Tks...

Any bro has researched more on this? Can chip in any advice?

Tks...

Turbocharged
(edited)

I just jump ship. From Starhub teleco (15yrs with them) to m1.

I find m1 speed is much faster than starhub. Prices cheaper by s$1.50. and m1 give me extra 2gb.

Porting over to m1 is such a breeze.

6pm sign up.

Same day 11pm to 2am no line. All cut off.

At 2am onwards, line switch to m1.

Super fast...less than 8hrs for them to port over.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Tks...

If you still want TV entertainment, then it's either starhub or Singtel. Just go to whichever is cheapest. Main reason ppl jump ship is to cut cost, NOT pay more.

Many ppl jump ship to M1 nowadays (including myself), is mainly because it's cheaper. For TV, nowadays with smart tv, Apple TV, android boxes, no need for subscription tv.

• Praise 2

Tks...

do you really need the speed up to 1GB?

I jump from singtel to starhub a year ago paying about $80+ for Internet (300mbps) and basic TV package. 300mbps is good for 2 starhub box, 2 computers, 4 mobiles & wife ipad all on wifi at home.

however you need to port your singtel line over for the same discount but they are not necessary having same contract end date.

my savings come from mobile lines as I downgrade since the usage are low.

Just terminated my Singtel TV, internet and home line and ported to m1.

They screw me a few times liao complain also no use.

• Praise 1

Just terminated my Singtel TV, internet and home line and ported to m1.

They screw me a few times liao complain also no use.

well done bro....i did looooooooong ago...

screw singhell

well done bro....i did looooooooong ago...

screw singhell

Ya should have done long ago. You complain they call u to upsell and offer you freebies. Overall you lose out cos end up paying more.

If you still want TV entertainment, then it's either starhub or Singtel. Just go to whichever is cheapest. Main reason ppl jump ship is to cut cost, NOT pay more.

Many ppl jump ship to M1 nowadays (including myself), is mainly because it's cheaper. For TV, nowadays with smart tv, Apple TV, android boxes, no need for subscription tv.

Yup, i think still need TV leh. My parents stay with us, and no way can get them to learn to use the TV boxes, which i also have...

If sign with Starhub (which I used to have from the days they had the rights to premier league, and which i just terminated last year), will i be able to retain my home tel no. which comes free with the fibre package?

Also need to read all the fine lines and T&C to see whether the rates i quoted were all correct and accurate, and whether there are other things to consider...

do you really need the speed up to 1GB?

I jump from singtel to starhub a year ago paying about $80+ for Internet (300mbps) and basic TV package. 300mbps is good for 2 starhub box, 2 computers, 4 mobiles & wife ipad all on wifi at home.

however you need to port your singtel line over for the same discount but they are not necessary having same contract end date.

my savings come from mobile lines as I downgrade since the usage are low.

Not sure if really need, but that's the current promo lor... my current package signed 2 yr ago was only 200 mbps.

you're absolutely right in that all the mobile lines are different dates. One line just recontracted 3 mth ago... so need to see what's the loss of savings due to that too...

• Praise 1

Went to PC show. kind of regretted it though.

Decided to recontract with SingTel and upgraded to 1 gbps as it's only about $100 more than 500 mbps over 2 yr.

But downgraded from the current Jingxuan Gold mio package (with BPL) to a basic family pack, the cheapest (without BPL). Retained some of the Chinese channels so that my parents can watch, and bought another android box to put in living room. Hope next time can get all the soccer actions there...

In the process, hope SingTel stop bidding so high for future rights to BPL - screw them... 

from last time it came free with SCV basic pack, until now must pay $78 per month... now stop paying...  [smash]  [smash]  [smash]

Anyone got this offer?

1Gbps at $10?

:D

<Notification> StarHub: Dear customer, we're moving our Cable services to Fibre Network by 30 June 2019 & we have a Welcome Pack just for you! Re-contract to 1Gbps Fibre broadband at just $10/month for 2 years (U.P. $39.90/month). Switch to Fibre at any StarHub Shop, call 1630 or SMS 1a1 <SPACE> NRIC/FIN (e.g. 1a1 S1234567A) to 90240001 by 15 Dec 2018 & we'll contact you within 48 hours. More info: starhub.com/switch-to-fibre. T&Cs apply.

• Praise 3

Anyone got this offer?

1Gbps at $10?

:D

<Notification> StarHub: Dear customer, we're moving our Cable services to Fibre Network by 30 June 2019 & we have a Welcome Pack just for you! Re-contract to 1Gbps Fibre broadband at just $10/month for 2 years (U.P. $39.90/month). Switch to Fibre at any StarHub Shop, call 1630 or SMS 1a1 <SPACE> NRIC/FIN (e.g. 1a1 S1234567A) to 90240001 by 15 Dec 2018 & we'll contact you within 48 hours. More info: starhub.com/switch-to-fibre. T&Cs apply.

ah !! here to con people to migrate to FBB again so that you can hoard all the cable services for yourself huh !!?? :ninja:

but i must say, i am enticed .... but my M1 contract still got a while to go ... and hopefully, M1 can come up with some sort of counter measure also. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1