Fibre broadband

Ysc3

Hi MCFers,

Thanks for the signups. [:)]

Has replied all PM and questions.

Please note there is a ONT installation charge of $58.85

Reserve your earliest installation date now!

Cheers,

James

↡ Advertisement

I no technical guy, just want to think aloud:

If all of us use fibre, and the fibre pipe to a certain gateways (be it M1, Starhub or Singtel), and the gateways are manned by a "special ops room" some where in Bouna Vista, wouldn't our IDs will be easily traced?

I am saying this because I recalled some time ago there was a news report of a newly formed multi-million (?) ops room that monitors all traffic via fibre. This is purportedly meant to trace terrorist attacks on our official websites.

Can some techie guys knock some sense into my head or am I paranoid?

hi,

read from the singnet website for their express50, got the following charges:

1.one-time modem charge of $128.40

2. one-time registration fee of $53.50

3. Installation fee of $80.25

Have not start monthly subscription, already need to pay $262, is it true? Starhub and M1 got the same similar charges?

thanks

hi,

Have not start monthly subscription, already need to pay $262, is it true? Starhub and M1 got the same similar charges?

thanks

Sign up at rod show all the above should be FOC, I didn't pay anything just the monthly subsciption.

Anyone with MioTV on Fibre BB?

Any lag or performance issues for MioTV?

My MioTV experience not so good on normal broadband.

All good :D

hi,

thanks

the next it show is in first week of march....just wait for a while, i am pretty sure there will be some offers that may be enticing to you. For me, the fibre BB plan by M1 is the cheapest of all 3 telco. 39 bucks for 1 month

the next it show is in first week of march....just wait for a while, i am pretty sure there will be some offers that may be enticing to you. For me, the fibre BB plan by M1 is the cheapest of all 3 telco. 39 bucks for 1 month

Currently having that offer. Earliest installation from today is 12th March.

Interested personal can pm me for more details.

Turbocharged

wireless of cos will b faster also. but not as fast if u use direct connection. let's say u subscribe to 50mbps...if wireless u will get abt 25 only. unless u change to the new modem. but new modem must pay xtra.

i just signed up the 200mbps which is on promotion. Currently am using 10mps bb. using the analog phone line. so means will be faster for wireless also?

Singtel also give me free modem for the fibre setup. Plus 2 months free subscription. Waiver of installation charges. Convert telephone line to digital line. tihs package is the etreme sports pack 200mbs 24 months contract.

any bros here have review on the singtel firbre bb? is my first time subscribing. Wanna know any bros here have reviews or comments on the fibre bb?

Turbocharged

I just got it installed last week with on 50mbps. Previously on ADSL, so was kinda upgrade to fibre optics. So far so good. Speed is fast, stable, torrent climb is so much faster. 10mins finished one movie, few hours finished one whole season.

From what I've read, the wireless wifi capability of the 2wire modem (black color) they give is up to a speed 70mbps. So if you subscribed to 200mbps, then it's kinda wasted if your laptop/desktop is not connected direct. That's one reason why I didn't take up the higher speeds. Also, if you're previously on singtel ADSL using home charger to connect to another room for mio tv, that technology will not work. Will have to do a lan cable trunking to other rooms.

Yes, I'm pretty satisfied with the plan now. Recommended. [thumbsup]

Get a simultaneous dual band n router. Using linksys e4200 as bridge for my 100mbps fibre. Hitting 72mbps on far end of our house 10 m away.

↡ Advertisement