Rain Shield for Side Mirror and Side Windows

elmoguy

Turbocharged

Will one ah? Thought the rainwater will not stick on the camera.

Later your reverse camera become blur then you know..

↡ Advertisement

For Rain X 2 in 1 user, glass cleaner and rain repllent, how much do you apply on your side rear mirror and door glasses? I sprayed till it was totally wet and feel the smoothness on the glass before I stopping applying. However, it seems like not above to last for 2 days. Any comment?

Having used Glass Cleaner and Rain Repellant for close to a month, I feel that it is not up to my expectation. Moreover, I had to apply more than once a week. 

post-165514-0-76945900-1451582143.jpg

Any comment on Soft99 product. Will it be better?

post-165514-0-19992900-1451582431_thumb.jpg

post-165514-0-65234000-1451582436_thumb.jpg

For side mirrors, I use Soft 99 Glaco mirror coat zero (Orange package) from SPC petrol kiosk or Autobacs, those are specifically for exterior side mirrors only. It is not cheap, a small bottle costs $18 but works very well on rainy days because it keeps rain water off the side mirror and hence a clear view regardless of speed. Do note that it is a coating, so after a car wash, the coating will be wiped out. Do a search in youtube for Glaco mirror coat zero to see how it works and how to apply.

For side windows or windscreen, I use rain X.

Hope it helps.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! CHEERS!!

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

Having used Glass Cleaner and Rain Repellant for close to a month, I feel that it is not up to my expectation. Moreover, I had to apply more than once a week. 

attachicon.gif20160101 01.13 166.jpg

Any comment on Soft99 product. Will it be better?

attachicon.gif20160101 01.19 167.jpg

attachicon.gif20160101 01.20 168.jpg

My friends use Rain X and they say it can last for a few months. Perhaps your standard is different?

I use Glaco roll on on all my windows and the performance is great. The most benefit is from the side windows as the rain now flies away easily and this makes it a lot easier to see my side mirrors. I even tried applying it onto my side mirrors but the effect is not as good as it needs the wind to clear the water droplets. The Glaco Mirror Coat Zero is probably more suited for side mirrors.

If I had a chance to do it again, I would skip the windscreens as it made my wipers judder due to my car shampoo which is a wash & wax combo. So now after washing the car I will use a glass cleaner to go over the windscreen to remove any of the wax from the wash & wax car shampoo.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Stamford tyre, petrol stations etc

sorry it may be a stupid question but where to get rainx locally? other than amazon/autobacs?

• Praise 1

sorry it may be a stupid question but where to get rainx locally? other than amazon/autobacs?

For sure, most of the ESSO stations that I been to have. Rain X doesn't work well for me. The vision is still unclear though I applied to the side windows and rear mirror window under rainy condition.

I going to try Glaco Mirror Coat Zero (40ml).

• Praise 1

For sure, most of the ESSO stations that I been to have. Rain X doesn't work well for me. The vision is still unclear though I applied to the side windows and rear mirror window under rainy condition.

I going to try Glaco Mirror Coat Zero (40ml).

Ok bro, do update us on the glaco thingy.

I'll prob get rainx first n try

Turbocharged

I am also using glaco. Prefer that over RainX  [thumbsup]

Ok bro, do update us on the glaco thingy.

I'll prob get rainx first n try

I am also using glaco. Prefer that over RainX  [thumbsup]

Rain-X 680ml costs $12, I cannot remember, I think it is like 40km/h?

Glaco Mirror Coat is 0km/h and ONLY 40 ml, costing $18 !!! "One Price One Quality". I been spraying a lot of my Rain-X weekly so that it finishes off faster. Then I have the justification to myself to buy it ,  [:p] .

Dcb, how often do you need to apply Glaco Mirror Coat? I wash my car weekly, will the chemical coating be washed away? Lastly, I read from somewhere that the chemical coating of Glaco Mirror Coat is harmful to the body paint of the car and you need to be caution when spraying on the rear side mirror?

Thank.

post-165514-0-91488600-1455519553.jpg

Turbocharged

I apply maybe every fortnightly. It will not drip to the paintwork if you apply properly and not over exert the pressure. So far my paintwork is ok, maybe have coating thats why?

Rain-X 680ml costs $12, I cannot remember, I think it is like 40km/h?

Glaco Mirror Coat is 0km/h and ONLY 40 ml, costing $18 !!! "One Price One Quality". I been spraying a lot of my Rain-X weekly so that it finishes off faster. Then I have the justification to myself to buy it ,  [:p] .

Dcb, how often do you need to apply Glaco Mirror Coat? I wash my car weekly, will the chemical coating be washed away? Lastly, I read from somewhere that the chemical coating of Glaco Mirror Coat is harmful to the body paint of the car and you need to be caution when spraying on the rear side mirror?

Thank.

This product seems great but not for glass.

post-165514-0-39079800-1455526712.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/neverwet-review-the-magical-water-repelling-spray-is-812797429

Specs

Best for: Metal, wood, concrete, aluminum, galvanized metal, PVC, masonry, asphalt, vinyl siding, plastic, "and more."

Good for: Fabric, leather, and canvas—assuming you don't mind changing the color of your fabric, leather, and canvas goods to a "milky haze."

Kit coverage: 10-15 square feet.

Re-application suggestion: "NeverWet should be reapplied when water no longer rolls off the surface."

Step 1 spray contains: methyl isobutyl, ketone, butyl acetate, and mineral spirits.
Step 2 spray contains: acetone.

My glaco coating on my side mirrors is pretty much gone. It lasted for about 2 months only. It used to help remove a bit of the rain drops that landed on it. However I am not using mirror coat zero but the normal glaco that needs some speed to blow off the rain drops.

The glaco coating on windscreen, side windows and rear windscreen is still working well.

This product seems great but not for glass.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_5926 Feb. 15 16.58.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/neverwet-review-the-magical-water-repelling-spray-is-812797429

Specs

Best for: Metal, wood, concrete, aluminum, galvanized metal, PVC, masonry, asphalt, vinyl siding, plastic, "and more."

Good for: Fabric, leather, and canvas—assuming you don't mind changing the color of your fabric, leather, and canvas goods to a "milky haze."

Kit coverage: 10-15 square feet.

Re-application suggestion: "NeverWet should be reapplied when water no longer rolls off the surface."

Step 1 spray contains: methyl isobutyl, ketone, butyl acetate, and mineral spirits.
Step 2 spray contains: acetone.

I use a spray from Bata to waterproof my shoes. One can good enuf for three pairs. Doesn't change the appearance. Costs RM20 up north.

↡ Advertisement