Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

elmoguy

yo, now the new Impreza also come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (though officially can't use AA in SG)

Think xc90 also can.

Probably must look for high end cars. Don't think hyundai have for basic model?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

just in case anyone wants to know, AA works with the new honda civic display audio. just tested on the test drive vehicle at kah motors. however, a caveat is that my AA is installed from the us google playstore.

• Praise 1

just in case anyone wants to know, AA works with the new honda civic display audio. just tested on the test drive vehicle at kah motors. however, a caveat is that my AA is installed from the us google playstore.

Just in case anyone need to download, Android Auto apk, this is the link:

www.apkmirror.com
  • Praise 1

The Sony headunit in my attrage can support both Apple CarPlay and android auto. Have to side load the android auto app cos singapore not supported.

Then I itchy finger tried to sideload the Waze beta apk on my phone but unfortunately it causes android auto on my head unit to hang. Freezes all other functions within android auto too. Only way to rectify is to remove Waze beta from my phone.

Looks like have to wait patiently for Waze beta to end and for them to release full version that can work with android auto.

Waze has officially launched for Android auto. Updated my Waze version but still can't seem to work as my head unit screen just hang when I select Waze instead of Google maps.

Anybody else successfully tried it yet?

Actually, how does Android Auto work huh?

My Hyundai Tucson HU is no brand one. How to check whether can support AA or not?

And what good is AA anyway? Where's the best place to read up on this?

tks...

Actually, how does Android Auto work huh?

My Hyundai Tucson HU is no brand one. How to check whether can support AA or not?

And what good is AA anyway? Where's the best place to read up on this?

tks...

android auto

I installed Smarty Trend HU on Android OS and think it is even better than just Android Auto. You don't need to connect your phone every time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

post-195754-0-27014100-1510839168_thumb.jpg

For those that uses android auto via APK. Please note that after the update it will not work. You also need to download the playstore services. I'm my case very 12.x

I installed Smarty Trend HU on Android OS and think it is even better than just Android Auto. You don't need to connect your phone every time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Where to get smarty trend HU in SG?

For those that uses android auto via APK. Please note that after the update it will not work. You also need to download the playstore services. I'm my case very 12.x

My AA ver3.0 works fine on my Mate9. What phone are you using?

I never use my factory fitted apple carplay, nothing that special except it can read and write msg via siri.

perhaps it maybe useful for car that without factory loaded gps maps.

↡ Advertisement