Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

elmoguy

The main reason for AA and CP is to integrate your phone and your personalize setting into the car's infotainment system which means you are able to use the phone and other specific functions while on the move. Some manufacturers are also using smartphones as the key or to remote access the vehicle functions. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

No matter where you are, they have their own website - http://smarty-trend.com/. I have bought the head unit there. 

Bro, Are they reliable when purchase the head unit? As my only fear are the following?

1) Will item come in time?

2) Where to installed?

3) What is your review after installed?

Hello everyone,

New Impreza owner here. I'm having problems setting up Carplay (I've been fiddling for a good half hour in the car).

1. The head unit recognises my iphone via bluetooth and music plays fine

2. The head unit does not activate the USB function when I connect via USB

3. When I go to the Carplay option in iphone, it doesn't detect my car (both with the engine on/off)

Have I got myself a faulty head unit or am I missing a step somewhere?

Siri is activated, phone restarted; nothing works! 

Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

Hello everyone,

New Impreza owner here. I'm having problems setting up Carplay (I've been fiddling for a good half hour in the car).

3. When I go to the Carplay option in iphone, it doesn't detect my car (both with the engine on/off)

Any attempts with a different cable?

Hello everyone,

The HU on Subi Impreza 2017/ 18 sold by MI does not come with Android Auto and CarPlay. They swap the original with a Panasonic HU. Check my earlier posts. Your sales person didn't tell you?.

The HU on Subi Impreza 2017/ 18 sold by MI does not come with Android Auto and CarPlay. They swap the original with a Panasonic HU. Check my earlier posts. Your sales person didn't tell you?.

Actually, he said there is carplay when I asked him.  [nosebleed]

Unless just because he saw the app icon there he just assumed it's installed.

4th Gear

Suby which model ?

When I was in the showroom In May, Impreza and XV were all Panasonic and as Pancgom mentioned, the Panny is not capable of CarPlay and Audroid Auto.  It's a pain that MI switched to this HU when as we speak, we're near to the year 2020.

The GPS software on the Panny is very interesting though, it's quite different than the other software I'm used to like Garmin, & Google Map.  When in tunnel, it will go into tunnel display and is able to still provide quite accurate guidance.  In short, I'd say the GPS is very decent although for me, it often lost satellite signal.

Actually, he said there is carplay when I asked him.  [nosebleed]

Unless just because he saw the app icon there he just assumed it's installed.

Neutral Newbie

Why people go for Carplay? If drive to Malaysia, unless yr smartphone has Malaysia SIM card, u can't use the GPS on yr phone for Carplay, isn't it?

Pardon my ignorance

(edited)

Android auto can download offline Google maps.

Apple carplay don't support offline maps. However from ios12 onwards sygic and other third party apps will be available on apple carplay. And so offline maps also available.

Android auto/apple carplay or not. If you don't have data roaming or Malaysia SIM card, you also can't use your phone anyway.

Don't understand the point of your question.

Edited by RCTP

Not necessarily so. My Opel Astra isn't high end but it has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support. :)

And Elantra 2017 is supposed to have. Bottom line is just check with SE loh. But more and more manufacturers are incorporating it for aure

Kia Sorento came with it but not the Lexus NX300 :(

In fact, there are many Apps that can read out and reply text/whatsapp etc. As most vehicles don't come with Apple Car Play or Android, Auto, the money spent to change the Head Unit is not worth after all. Moreover, the location of most Head Unit is not at eye level which makes it pointless when come to navigation.

wait till siri had to read from a true blue singaproean group chat.

Why people go for Carplay? If drive to Malaysia, unless yr smartphone has Malaysia SIM card, u can't use the GPS on yr phone for Carplay, isn't it?

Pardon my ignorance

M1 data passport :)

Android auto can download offline Google maps.

Apple carplay don't support offline maps. However from ios12 onwards sygic and other third party apps will be available on apple carplay. And so offline maps also available.

Android auto/apple carplay or not. If you don't have data roaming or Malaysia SIM card, you also can't use your phone anyway.

Don't understand the point of your question.

Cant wait, google maps waze etc....

Hoping to get it in sept.

Anyone here added in a boot auto open/ close device?

That links to android auto and/or Apple CarPlay?
  • Praise 1

Response from Subaru as below

Warmest greetings.

Thank you for your enquiry through our online enquiry form.

We sincerely apologize for not being able to accede to your request.

Please note that there is a free upgrade to the head unit. The main advantages of the Panasonic Head Unit are that it comes with a built-in Navigation unit that provides turn by turn directions even after losing GPS signal (e.g. MCE & KPE tunnels). Also the head unit will come with additional features such as HDMI Input, DVD playback, WebLink and Android Mode.

You may refer to attached quick reference guide.

Thank you and we wish you a pleasant day ahead!

Can you ple@se attached the quick reference guide?

Wired or wireless ?

Anyways, to me mirroring on the HU is a dumb idea, when you can use Android Auto.

Besides, when I used G Map on the mirroring, you can't hear the navigation audio nor music from your HU (other source).

Any1 tried andriod auto mirroring ?