Car insurance question: Is it possible to challenge a claim?

Drive

Hi

A general car insurance question, Is it possible to challenge a claim again my car insurance?

↡ Advertisement

Without more specifics, it's impossible to advise.

You can always challenge anything legally. The question is how successful you're likely to be and how much it's going to cost you in the end.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Of course, you can!

But, you should be able to anticipate that once you open your mouth, your insurer may just say "OK, you take over the case and all liabilities from here henceforth......."

In another word, you settle yourself at your own risks and costs.

Are you prepared for the challenge?

Hi

A general car insurance question, Is it possible to challenge a claim again my car insurance?

• Praise 3

What exactly are you wanting to challenge? 

The amount of the claim? 

What happened in the accident? 

Your liability? 

Something else? 

• Praise 1

Without any details given, I make a guess that ts must have knocked into another car's rear. And he is challenging the huge amount being claimed against him. Or something like that.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 3

Without any details given, I make a guess that ts must have knocked into another car's rear. And he is challenging the huge amount being claimed against him. Or something like that.

What's the point in that though?  

I was actually putting my money on a claim against him where he was denying liability

• Praise 1

actually car insurance is in a terrible stage and somehow nobody is looking into this. Scams should be punished including the agent and insurance company. The insurance company simply just pass the cost to consumers and earn money. Their job is also to protect those they insured against.

• Praise 1

Tks all for the replies.

Yes, I just nudge his rear (in the carpark at such a slow speed), and there's zero visible damage on my front. But he don't want to settle and went on to claim whole bumper+replacement car+don't know what else.

Looks like there's no recourse but to LLST

Tks all for the replies.

Yes, I just nudge his rear (in the carpark at such a slow speed), and there's zero visible damage on my front. But he don't want to settle and went on to claim whole bumper+replacement car+don't know what else.

This is the sad state, some people just like to claim gao gao even though it's a minor case

If u have taken photo of his car damage and yours, should be ok

Insurance company will normally assign a third party to assess his damage claims

This is the sad state, some people just like to claim gao gao even though it's a minor case

If u have taken photo of his car damage and yours, should be ok

Insurance company will normally assign a third party to assess his damage claims

SOrry can elaborate what do mean by "should be ok"? My NCD will be affected next renewal :(

SOrry can elaborate what do mean by "should be ok"? My NCD will be affected next renewal :(

Meaning even though the other party put in a high claim, normally your insurance company will not just pay, they will get a 3rd party to verfiy the claims amount before reaching a settlement agreement with the claimant insurance

U can call ur insurance co to double check

• Praise 3

Tks all for the replies.

what is the claim amount? if it is just a few thousand dollars, my gut feeling is the insurance company would just pay up to settle the claim.  [lipsrsealed]  do be careful next time.  [drivingcar]

Hi

Hi.

I think you are worry about your NCB and also the injustice (if any).

Make a police report if you think the other parties misrepresent the facts.

Don't challenge but work with your insurance company to prevent fraudulent claims.

all things can be challenged including mental.....

No that's not true.

You cannot challenge my MIL

and yes she is mental.

:D

• Praise 2

No that's not true.

You cannot challenge my MIL

and yes she is mental.

:D

I think all MIL can be challenged................the thing is "dare or not"...............99% is we no dare.............and 100% no case even if we ever dare.......... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2