Feedback - Mobile Site

pChou

Hi there,

There's same function on mobile site, on the title of the thread there's "First unread" button. it works the same as the desktop >>

Yes - found it now.  [thumbsup]

Not sure why i've never once noticed it all this while. Must be  [sleeping]

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Hi there,

There's same function on mobile site, on the title of the thread there's "First unread" button. it works the same as the desktop >>

It'll be a nice refinement to have the "First Unread" button appear at the initial threads listing page (beside the title) instead of wasting one more click to enter the thread.  you know mobile users are lazy people.

• Praise 1

Hi pChou, I find that the search function in the search bar not very intuitive. I find myself using Google more often to do the search eg. "what I want to search" followed by "mycarforum" typed into the Google search bar.

Like for the coming Christmas light up road closure. I used "Christmas road closure"....nothing came up. Used "road closure"...not really relevant, mostly outdated.  Used "Christmas"....also not relevant.

So I used "Christmas road closure mycarforum" on Google instead and the thread "Section of Orchard Road to be closed" result came in first in the Google search. That's why I like Google search function.

I think many members are having the similar issues especially new members. Not to mentioned many got "shamed" in the "hall of shame" by our moderator becoz of posting multiple threads assuming they did not search. He's doing his job, it's not his fault. His blood pressure I'm not so sure. The issue might be the search bar not as intuitive as it should be. I'm not expecting it to be like Google kinda search standard but hopefully more can be done.

Thank you.

Hope my feedback will be useful to the forum.

As in suggestions I suggest members to use Google to search if you hit a brick wall here.

eg. "XXXXX XXXX mycarforum" in the Google search bar.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 5

Hi pChou, I find that the search function in the search bar not very intuitive. I find myself using Google more often to do the search eg. "what I want to search" followed by "mycarforum" typed into the Google search bar.

Like for the coming Christmas light up road closure. I used "Christmas road closure"....nothing came up. Used "road closure"...not really relevant, mostly outdated. Used "Christmas"....also not relevant.

So I used "Christmas road closure mycarforum" on Google instead and the thread "Section of Orchard Road to be closed" result came in first in the Google search. That's why I like Google search function.

I think many members are having the similar issues especially new members. Not to mentioned many got "shamed" in the "hall of shame" by our moderator becoz of posting multiple threads assuming they did not search. He's doing his job, it's not his fault. His blood pressure I'm not so sure. The issue might be the search bar not as intuitive as it should be. I'm not expecting it to be like Google kinda search standard but hopefully more can be done.

Thank you.

As in suggestions I suggest members to use Google to search if you hit a brick wall here.

But hor ppl dun use google le haaaaa

Still start thread here instead of google search

But hor ppl dun use google le haaaaa

Still start thread here instead of google search

There will be black sheeps. Nothing you can do.

Just to share my experience. Hopefully your job as moderator gets better. [laugh] Coz you very fierce.  [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Watwheels

There will be black sheeps. Nothing you can do.

Just to share my experience. Hopefully your job as moderator gets better. [laugh]

Appreciate much bro. Thanks .

Like for the coming Christmas light up road closure. I used "Christmas road closure"....nothing came up. Used "road closure"...not really relevant, mostly outdated.  Used "Christmas"....also not relevant.

Thank you.

let us check the search algorithm, thank you for your the suggestion, i will include you to do the user acceptance testing  :a-fun:

I think its a good start (move) for the mobile version. At least its more readable on my phone instead of relying on the not-so-size-friendly browser. Its a bit laggy at times but I'm sure the backend will know how to fix it. Kudos!!