Singapore have another football talent Khairu Anwar

Yewheng

Somehow i feel its FAS thats the problem. The drug. The evil. The kelong. The worse organisation one will ever find.

Also no real govt support or whatsoever..... this is the organsation that destroy our singapores footballer dreams...

• Praise 2

I feel that the Government might not want to put too much resources and attention into local football. Ultimately even the topdogs in FIFA is plagued with corruption scandals.

It's just too difficult to clean out the game even internationally.

Somehow i feel its FAS thats the problem. The drug. The evil. The kelong. The worse organisation one will ever find.

Also no real govt support or whatsoever..... this is the organsation that destroy our singapores footballer dreams...

• Praise 1

(edited)

?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen />

After watched the whole match, I feel that there is no clear role of all players, all anyhow run around. Khairu Anwar is all over the place. The coach for the singapore team, Totally no control over the team formation.

Khairu Anwar need a proper guidance on how to play soccer match as a team and he will sure improve tremendously.

Edited by Yewheng

?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen />

After watched the whole match, I feel that there is no clear role of all players, all anyhow run around. Khairu Anwar is all over the place. The coach for the singapore team, Totally no control over the team formation.

Khairu Anwar need a proper guidance on how to play soccer match as a team and he will sure improve tremendously.

khairul anwar is 29 yr old already? too late to be developed dramatically

we need to start training kids from young age like 6/7 yr old when they are in primary one just like in UK. most of the time, we only identify good players when they are in their teens when it is already too late to change the way they play or teach them how to play.

i am teaching my 3 yr old son how to play now, he used to enjoy striking the ball only, Now teaching him how to pass and shift the ball left and right  [laugh]

I beg to differ leh.

As a non-football fan, I think the government has put way too much money over the years into something that has not performed at all.

Time to cut our losses and stop throwing good money after bad.

• Praise 1

I beg to differ leh.

As a non-football fan, I think the government has put way too much money over the years into something that has not performed at all.

Time to cut our losses and stop throwing good money after bad.

Whilst I agree govt has put more money into football compared to most other sports, football is the only sport that can unite a whole nation and that reason alone makes it worthwhile to spend albeit cautiously.

We can't be a nation that only spends according to returns only. Intangible and knock on benefits can't be counted. As we arrive in the 1st World stage, arts, cultural activities and sports is part of the make up and so IMO we should continue spending but maybe a re-look at how we can best utilize the funds to go to the next level. A select committee to brain storm this? 

• Praise 3

Whilst I agree govt has put more money into football compared to most other sports, football is the only sport that can unite a whole nation and that reason alone makes it worthwhile to spend albeit cautiously.

We can't be a nation that only spends according to returns only. Intangible and knock on benefits can't be counted. As we arrive in the 1st World stage, arts, cultural activities and sports is part of the make up and so IMO we should continue spending but maybe a re-look at how we can best utilize the funds to go to the next level. A select committee to brain storm this?

We aren't a nation that spend according to returns. Just use the YOG spendings as an example.

We aren't a nation that spend according to returns. Just use the YOG spendings as an example.

That's true and that's why I'm backing govt to continue spending on football albeit wisely.

Admitted YOG was on the extreme end though. 

My point was on rebutting what Kusje mentioned of throwing good money after bad and thus my take is that we shouldn't just spend based on returns or rather don't spend cos we getting no where on football.

• Praise 3

That's true and that's why I'm backing govt to continue spending on football albeit wisely.

Admitted YOG was on the extreme end though.

My point was on rebutting what Kusje mentioned of throwing good money after bad and thus my take is that we shouldn't just spend based on returns or rather don't spend cos we getting no where on football.

I agree, but I get where he's coming from as he is not a football fan. I'm not one either, but I think we should have a diversified portfolio.

I agree, but I get where he's coming from as he is not a football fan. I'm not one either, but I think we should have a diversified portfolio.

Admittedly I'm a football fan but on the same token, I'm no arts nor culture enthusiast but I don't begrudge spending on these areas eg the huge sums spent on the Esplanade.

Agreed diversified portfolio is best which I guess Parliament is there to debate on the individual Ministries budget and within the Ministries, the Minister and his team will decide who gets what.

I acknowledge football has a big budget and we don't seem to be progressing but that should not stop us from finding a way which means $ has to be spent. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Government IS pumping in the money. But the people running the football scene here are screwing up.

↡ Advertisement