Survey: Which is the best (claims) Motor Insurance company

vision3001

So to say all those "repair at your own workshop" clause is bulls**t cos it is still peg to a certain amount the insurance coy is willing to pay for the repair.

I am due for renewal this month as well... Very headache cos these insurance coy pattern more than badminton

Edited by Xers007
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

So to say all those "repair at your own workshop" clause is bulls**t cos it is still peg to a certain amont the insurance coy is willing to pay for the repair.

I am due for renewal this month as well... Very headache cos these insurance coy pattern more than badminton

So I paid budget direct for the premium of any workshop also like paid for nothing...

So I paid budget direct for the premium of any workshop also like paid for nothing...

I will check with other ins coy see if they are the same with this clause.

I will avoid budget insurance.  Cheap really got lots of funny fine prints.

I asked for a quote earlier, lucky never took it up.

you can only choose either "named driver" or "any other driver".

And "Any other driver" means not staying in the same household as you.

This means if you choose "named driver", you can only write your wife.  If you brother wanna borrow your car, he is not covered.

Sucky fine prints.

Edited by Junky73
  • Praise 1

I will avoid budget insurance. Cheap really got lots of funny fine prints.

I asked for a quote earlier, lucky never took it up.

you can only choose either "named driver" or "any other driver".

And "Any other driver" means not staying in the same household as you.

This means if you choose "named driver", you can only write your wife. If you brother wanna borrow your car, he is not covered.

Sucky fine prints.

Someone mentioned in another forum saying that even though budget direct covers flood. It only covers if you car was parked in carpark.

It doesn't cover if you are on the road and suddenly there is flash flood....

so scared then just buy 3rd party fire and theft lor

:D

This one I will buy for coe cars lah. Hahah. Cos anything scrapped liao. Beyond economical repair

The other reasons why I am frustrated with budget direct was when I renewed my car insurance, there were a number of hiccups like number of not at fault accidents being incorrectly reflected by budget direct..

When purchasing the car insurance, I used a promo code that was accepted as stated on your website but later was deemed not correct by another one of your staff about 1-2 weeks later as it is hidden under one of the small terms and conditions on a separate page.

The other staff also quoted way higher as she got my number of not at fault accidents wrongly back then in June.... I had to make separate phone calls to speak to another one of your guys who investigated and true enough the number of not at fault accident back then was 1 instead of 2. Imagine, I just blindly followed the first staff who called me about my insurance premium. Hence I needed to top up lesser as compared to what the first staff told me....

You can figure it out as there were amendments in my policy with a top up due to the promo code which was not honored as it is hidden under one of the small prints in another page or so...

Haiz...

Tackle it head on...

Don't skirt the main issue

I think budget direct reply is quite reasonable

Basically u r sway. Ur scrap value is high. Ur market value is low, Ur body is worthless .

Someone mentioned in another forum saying that even though budget direct covers flood. It only covers if you car was parked in carpark.

It doesn't cover if you are on the road and suddenly there is flash flood....

This one I will buy for coe cars lah. Hahah. Cos anything scrapped liao. Beyond economical repair

Hahaha just for laughter. If see a flood quickly find a lot to park .
  • Praise 1

Hi all

What motor insurance is recommended for first car owner? The quote by AD always seem to be trying to chop us but not sure about what to get outside. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi all

What motor insurance is recommended for first car owner? The quote by AD always seem to be trying to chop us but not sure about what to get outside. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

How do you know kenna chop?

How do you know kenna chop?

It always seems higher than what you can get outside, and they will get a comm for tying you up with the insurance. Of course i might be wrong. 

Hi all

Make sure you get a car insurance that covers for total loss.

Especially for new cars. Aviva offers total loss for first 3 years, 1 for 1 replacement of new car of the same make.

Else if you kenna anything, your car may be deemed beyond economical repair and the payout is such that you luggi big time.

can someone go write all the summary for car insurance guide or not... damn lehjay to renew my insurance then now thinking 3rd party only or comprehensive  since my car is old liao

then NCD i tot 50% is max

suddenly heard got 60% now.

haih. save money is tiring. don't save money maybe more tiring later also... 🤪

1 hour ago, archcherub said:

can someone go write all the summary for car insurance guide or not... damn lehjay to renew my insurance then now thinking 3rd party only or comprehensive  since my car is old liao

There are no cheap insurance here in Singapore,just buy what ever you think is reasonable.60% NCD also bulls**t one,when you somebody made a claim against you whether you are right or wrong straight away you lose 40% and renewal become very high.

18 hours ago, Kengheng450 said:

There are no cheap insurance here in Singapore,just buy what ever you think is reasonable.60% NCD also bulls**t one,when you somebody made a claim against you whether you are right or wrong straight away you lose 40% and renewal become very high.

yeah lor. i buaytahan the renewal becoming very high even when its not my fault. really not fair for safe careful drivers

Hi anyone using FWD car insurance and claim third party insurance previously? If unsuccessful, can I claim back my own insurance? As stated in my policy, I have to claim within 14days from incident date. Or should I choose own damage claim first and submit third party claim later on? As the third party car changed suddenly from lane 2 to lane 1 and bumped into my front bumper and fender , hence the AD assessor suggested me to claim own damage first. This is because the winning percentage is just 50%. Besides that, I have communicated with third party and he claimed under my insurance. If I choose to claim under own damage, is this self declaration that I’m at the wrong side during the accident ?Can anyone advise on the situation? Many thanks

On 12/11/2019 at 2:59 PM, archcherub said:

Who you think you are? 

So far all the claims have been easy. They usually give us the lowest quote among all the companies we go to also thats why we still stick with NTUC.

↡ Advertisement