Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

I'm using 225/40/18 AS3 on my GTI. Hv used AS1, T1-R, CSC3 b4. The AS3 grip is excellent, precise yet ride is comfy & quiet even on 37psi.

↡ Advertisement

Bro, u have been complaining badly about AS3. In your previous post, u mentioned AS2 is good. Now u say AS2 is as crappy.

I had personnally used yoko V103, AS1/AS2 then swap to PSS and back to AS2 before AS3 was launch.

Reason is very simple. AS2 is on par with PSS in terms of performance. Yet last longer with better pricing and the fact is that the grip last till the very last bit of thread left. As for PSS, if u accidentally knock into anything, good luck, the tyre walls are real soft and can get punctured easily.

Btw, i tried all these tyres with the same car, same setup with BC BR coilover. It' s up to u to believe my comments.

I drives a rear wheel drive car with >200hp and i drive it hard, corners hard and i drive fast in NS highway up to 240kmh before. I had friends with S14 asking me why i can accerlerate so fast while taking those corners n bends. I took big bends on NS highways at speed of 200kmh with these tyres with few of my friends driving Rex trying hard to do the same thing. All on dry weather, wet is too dangerous to do anything fast.

I am not trying to brag at how fast i drive. I am a safe driver most of the time. I just want to make a point to say my piece, saying from true view point.

As yoyrself, which brand and model's tyre had been sold out till no stock no size. The market, the users are not blind n stupid. Try looking for goodyear F1 A2 tyres in the market now. Lots of sizes are sold out n no stock. Not because it's end of life, just because good products sells by itself. My size is 245/35/19 and 275/30/19. Upsize brembo brakes front n rear for safety reason.

I've said my piece, forum is a place for all to share honest reviews and not be bias to benefits all other forumers..

Happy weekend..

I don't see anything wrong with stating obvious facts about the AS3. I'm merely preventing people from falling into the same trap as me when I was comparing PSS and AS3. The grip obviously loses to PSS. Maybe it's a little better in the aquaplaning section but that's as far as it goes. You're not gonna drive in the rain all the time. Perhaps you need to see what tires super cars use. Most use PSS. Why not use AS2 since you say it's on par with the PSS? That's cos it is no where near the standard of PSS in performance. Actually why don't you go to the Lambo owners club and tell them how well their Lambos will drive with AS2 tires? 

Just to clarify, I said the AS2 is better than the AS3 but I never said the AS2 is good. Better pricing means saving at most 200 bucks (2 tanks of gas) per set of tires? When you spread that across the entire life of the tire, those savings don't make much difference. Heck if I had done my calculations earlier, I would have stuck to my PSS tires and you wouldn't hear me rant about the AS3s. Goodyear tires are far from good products. I think going with some cheap Nexen tires should be more cost effective than getting AS2s or AS3s. 

Reviews are bound to be subjective because different people have used different tires before their existing set. In short I'm used to the performance of PSS which surpasses the AS3 in almost every aspect hence I find the AS3 an inferior tire. It's about relativity. Maybe the next thing to do is to find other people who have also tried the PSS and AS3 aside from me. The AS3s are rather new in the market and not many people are using them so there is a lack of reviews. But I will be one of the first to say they suck.

• Praise 1

I'm using 225/40/18 AS3 on my GTI. Hv used AS1, T1-R, CSC3 b4. The AS3 grip is excellent, precise yet ride is comfy & quiet even on 37psi.

Never knew you had a GTI  [thumbsup]

Never knew you had a GTI  [thumbsup]

Second car for dirty flings. [:p] Still hv my SUV for faithful family duties.  [;)]

Bro, u have been complaining badly about AS3. In your previous post, u mentioned AS2 is good. Now u say AS2 is as crappy.

I had personnally used yoko V103, AS1/AS2 then swap to PSS and back to AS2 before AS3 was launch.

Reason is very simple. AS2 is on par with PSS in terms of performance. Yet last longer with better pricing and the fact is that the grip last till the very last bit of thread left. As for PSS, if u accidentally knock into anything, good luck, the tyre walls are real soft and can get punctured easily.

Btw, i tried all these tyres with the same car, same setup with BC BR coilover. It' s up to u to believe my comments.

I drives a rear wheel drive car with >200hp and i drive it hard, corners hard and i drive fast in NS highway up to 240kmh before. I had friends with S14 asking me why i can accerlerate so fast while taking those corners n bends. I took big bends on NS highways at speed of 200kmh with these tyres with few of my friends driving Rex trying hard to do the same thing. All on dry weather, wet is too dangerous to do anything fast.

I am not trying to brag at how fast i drive. I am a safe driver most of the time. I just want to make a point to say my piece, saying from true view point.

As yoyrself, which brand and model's tyre had been sold out till no stock no size. The market, the users are not blind n stupid. Try looking for goodyear F1 A2 tyres in the market now. Lots of sizes are sold out n no stock. Not because it's end of life, just because good products sells by itself. My size is 245/35/19 and 275/30/19. Upsize brembo brakes front n rear for safety reason.

I've said my piece, forum is a place for all to share honest reviews and not be bias to benefits all other forumers..

Happy weekend..

OK Ok chill  don't fight liao [grouphug] , we are not working for Michelin and Goodyear or Badyear :a-t2622:

I will be the sacrificial lamb.  Now my cars are all running on PSS.  Yes all these naughty tricks [hur] I ve done before on PSS bo tai chee [drivingcar] .  .  Next change ASYM-3 here I cum.  Then I will post field report to compare with PSS.

By the way I don't sell tyres or rims one in case peeper think I got self agenda.  If free, visit my franchise at Lorong 6 [lipsrsealed] .  Down there also got use rubber but they are not made by Michelin :a-noway:

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 1

OK Ok chill  don't fight liao [grouphug] , we are not working for Michelin and Goodyear or Badyear :a-t2622:

I will be the sacrificial lamb.  Now my cars are all running on PSS.  Yes all these naughty tricks [hur] I ve done before on PSS bo tai chee [drivingcar] .  .  Next change ASYM-3 here I cum.  Then I will post field report to compare with PSS.

By the way I don't sell tyres or rims one in case peeper think I got self agenda.  If free, visit my franchise at Lorong 6 [lipsrsealed] .  Down there also got use rubber but they are not made by Michelin :a-noway:

if really want to, put AS3 on a car that you don't do too many stunts in so that you can still drive the car on AS3s and not expect too much out of it. I really don't think you want them on your BMW.

OK Ok chill don't fight liao [grouphug] , we are not working for Michelin and Goodyear or Badyear :a-t2622:

I will be the sacrificial lamb. Now my cars are all running on PSS. Yes all these naughty tricks [hur] I ve done before on PSS bo tai chee [drivingcar] . . Next change ASYM-3 here I cum. Then I will post field report to compare with PSS.

By the way I don't sell tyres or rims one in case peeper think I got self agenda. If free, visit my franchise at Lorong 6 [lipsrsealed] . Down there also got use rubber but they are not made by Michelin :a-noway:

Not fighting bro.. Hehee.. My tone is still very tame.. Just stating mixed reviews.. Had used many brands of flagship tyres before and am just sharing..

And T1R is a drift tyre for a reason. Hehehe.

About ready to swap tires.

Anyone knows whether 235/45/18 A3's now available in Singapore and if so, for how much $?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91864/goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-3-review

f**k Goodyear! This test should give you a more objective viewpoint since some hate me ranting about this f**ked up tire.

Finishing 9th in dry handling isn't anything to be proud of. So there you have it folks, avoid this tire and get Michelin PS4 or PSS instead if you're looking for a performance tire. 

Edited by Fastfive1
  • Praise 1

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91864/goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-3-review

f**k Goodyear! This test should give you a more objective viewpoint since some hate me ranting about this f**ked up tire.

Finishing 9th in dry handling isn't anything to be proud of. So there you have it folks, avoid this tire and get Michelin PS4 or PSS instead if you're looking for a performance tire. 

Wow...Cabin Noise ranked 7th for Asym-3.  I thought they market this as a quieter tyre with 68 decibels vs say the Michelins(PSS n PS4) with 71 decibels?  On paper that is.

Somemore, Aquaplanning ranked 6th !  And I also thought all the reviews thus far said Asym-3 is stronger in the wet.

And then, Rolling Resistance is ranked 2nd.  Is it also saying in another reverse way that grip is not so grippy?  I could never figure out why Rolling Resistance is a good thing in a tyre except that it is always marketed as a fuel saving factor.  But lesser resistance means lesser grip.  I remember my cheecher say one although I failed physics in school.

That's why I am always a bit finger crossed when it comes to all the marketing crap.

I think I will stick to PSS then at the next tyre change.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

About ready to swap tires.

Anyone knows whether 235/45/18 A3's now available in Singapore and if so, for how much $?

Available, try eng wah

Wow...Cabin Noise ranked 7th for Asym-3.  I thought they market this as a quieter tyre with 68 decibels vs say the Michelins(PSS n PS4) with 71 decibels?  On paper that is.

Somemore, Aquaplanning ranked 6th !  And I also thought all the reviews thus far said Asym-3 is stronger in the wet.

And then, Rolling Resistance is ranked 2nd.  Is it also saying in another reverse way that grip is not so grippy?  I could never figure out why Rolling Resistance is a good thing in a tyre except that it is always marketed as a fuel saving factor.  But lesser resistance means lesser grip.  I remember my cheecher say one although I failed physics in school.

That's why I am always a bit finger crossed when it comes to all the marketing crap.

I think I will stick to PSS then at the next tyre change.

Haha I already said these tires don't grip. Perhaps most people equated wet aquaplaning to having good wet grip. Kinda what i did when i first got the tire only to realise later I was soooo wrong. Goodyear marketing is super misleading. If only I had the money to hire an assassin to kill the person behind marketing. Muhahaha. I'm evil. 

Yes please stick to Michelin PSS or PS4.

Edited by Fastfive1

Wow. didnt expect F1A3 to fare so poorly.

Luckily I chose PS4 over F1A3. 

Wah...Pirelli P Zero ranked #2 after Michelin PS4 man.  No wonder Porsches only use Michelin or Pirelli.

So moral of the story is to follow what super cars use? Hahaha.

Today is the day that I finally ditched these f**ked up goodyears! I did some burnouts and some other stuff with the AS3s at some undisclosed location. The tire shop guy asked how come I wore out the tire so fast. Hahaha! Too bad for him. Now he can't sell my relatively new tires. I called up the shop previously and they don't do trade ins. The tires are gonna be his anyway once i change to a set of new tires and he will ultimately sell it to someone. I don't see the point of giving something away for free. So I decided to shred them tires. Muhahahahaha. 

↡ Advertisement