HDB flat window film

Neutrino

We've been in our new flat for 4 years.

All has been well with fabulous views up in to Malaysia, some mountains 60km away, when there's no haze.

But now another HDB block has been built not only blocking views but allowing us to see into their rooms and them to see into our rooms.

Don't really want to have to continually draw curtains as it cut down on the breeze through the flat.

We looked at window films when we moved in but they didn't appear dark enough and we wondered about them peeling off the glass.

Any suggestions from you guys for good films to apply and do the sellers apply them as well.

I suppose with all the car window films around these days there should be a lot of choice.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

All has been well with fabulous views up in to Malaysia, some mountains 60km away, when there's no haze.

But now another HDB block has been built not only blocking views but allowing us to see into their rooms and them to see into our rooms.

Don't really want to have to continually draw curtains as it cut down on the breeze through the flat.

We looked at window films when we moved in but they didn't appear dark enough and we wondered about them peeling off the glass.

Any suggestions from you guys for good films to apply and do the sellers apply them as well.

I suppose with all the car window films around these days there should be a lot of choice.

Window films block view only when the windows are closed. And will stop the breeze through the flat, just the same with curtains.

Perhaps, consider using string curtains, or decorative bead curtains. Available at Mustafa Centre.

• Praise 1

Bro, try this company.

Basicdeco.com.sg

They supply to many DIY shops.

Measure the window L x B

Go down or email them for quote and cut them in the actual sizes (don't worry, they will leave some extra inches)

they can also supply labour..

cheap cheap.....I installed for my mum house 3yrs back

3rooms + living room cost less than S$350 (including labour)

• Praise 4

Not sure if there are effective one-way films.

From my understanding, even for tinted films that are effective during the day, it still will be transparent at night when you turn on the internal lights. For the matted films, somehow it is not so aesthetically pleasing. Maybe can consider those privacy screens used on handphone screens.

Another possibility is for those light blinds or curtains that still allow for air flow.

For consideration:

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/80231657/

Edited by Seohster
  • Praise 1

Your main purpose is privacy right? I bought translucent window stickers from daiso, about 1 pack per window, used it for whole house. Its really translucent that you cant even see if there's a lizard on the other side of the window. Just need to be patient with sticking them urself ;)

Edited by Fett
  • Praise 1

Quite a few possibilities there.

Thanks to all.

I thought that seeing the dark films on car windows this sort of thing might be very common and work well.

We've thought about net curtains covering the windows and have used those in a previous property, bit with the windows open they tend to easily blow everywhere.

It's a really anoying HDB design which has properties facing so closely to each other.

And in this case there was no need for it because a low rise school extension could have been built where the new HDB block is and the HDB block moved back 60 meters or so to a vacant plot away from us.

But there you go.

↡ Advertisement