• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
62 replies to this topic | 183 praises

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:58 AM

Aukang
  • Premium member
    Aukang
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wondering how useful these types of seats are in our hot weather and how many different models here have them...so far i know Kia Sorento, Toyota camry 2.5, volvo xc90 and most higher end Lexus, BMWs and Mercedes come equipped with these.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:17 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

very useful

my prev A8 comes with ventilated seat for all 4 passengers. its very good for long hour parking under sun or after u play sport, u need that ventilated seat. Also going for long journey e.g malaysia will keep ur back cool 

so far the best ventilated seat is Jaguar XJ. Very powerful ventilation, the highest level is very cold so during test drive i set it to number 1 or 2 instead of the highest one. 

for sorento and lexus es only front seat 

Edited by Thaiyotakamli, 27 December 2015 - 12:18 PM.

Aukang praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What is ventilated seat?

Doppel, Volvobrick and Pinobii praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What is ventilated seat?

blow cool/cold air from seat

Doppel and Pinobii praised this

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:43 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

blow cool/cold air from seat

In other words, air con seats.
Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If under the sun does the particles from the seat foam be seen blowing all in the cabin? LoL...

Too much to think about...

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If under the sun does the particles from the seat foam be seen blowing all in the cabin? LoL...

dont think the ventilation strong enough to blow dust particles moreover u sit on it. if nobody sit, u can turn off the ventilation

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

But so far the cars that I try with air con seats, the cool air only blow to the lower back and the butt area. Any one experience any car that can blow the upper back and the thigh areas?

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I saw Giant selling a ventilated seat cushion, it is the size of a car seat and plugs into the cigarette lighter. Supposedly can blow air so tada you get a ventilated seat without having to buy an expensive car.

It looked something like this : http://www.aliexpres...2401906033.html

Edited by flashbang, 27 December 2015 - 01:13 PM.

Pinobii and Columbian78 praised this

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:22 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But so far the cars that I try with air con seats, the cool air only blow to the lower back and the butt area. Any one experience any car that can blow the upper back and the thigh areas?

That's becoz your lower back sweats more. Many ppl do not notice it on a hot day. I do not like the sweaty back feeling. Previously I use a back support mesh to prevent the sweaty lower back. Some backpacks have the same design to naturally ventilate your lower back. It also prevents your sweat from going to your backpack.

Now I do not use the mesh support in my current car as the leather is grey. I find that I do not sweat that much in the lower back. Previous car is black leather interior, it absorbs more heat I think.

Edited by Watwheels, 27 December 2015 - 01:26 PM.

Pinobii praised this
Too much to think about...

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I saw Giant selling a ventilated seat cushion, it is the size of a car seat and plugs into the cigarette lighter. Supposedly can blow air so tada you get a ventilated seat without having to buy an expensive car.

It looked something like this : http://www.aliexpres...2401906033.html

http://www.amazon.co...ar seat cushion

Pinobii praised this

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Best is sun roof. Hot air cleared within 2 - 3 mins

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Kia forte premium has for driver. ..

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Kia forte premium has for driver. ..

Nissan Teana has for both front passenger & driver

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

Bacteria83
  • Premium member
    Bacteria83
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Its one of the key features that convinced my wife during the test drive 5yrs back.

Aukang, Staff69 and Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wondering how useful these types of seats are in our hot weather and how many different models here have them...so far i know Kia Sorento, Toyota camry 2.5, volvo xc90 and most higher end Lexus, BMWs and Mercedes come equipped with these.

Personally found it not that useful....furthermore can hear the blower sounds (at higher setting - faster blower speed), a bit noisy.

Can feel the air arising from the seat a bit - but that all.

Hence, rarely use it.

Perhaps only nice to have it listed in the specs only!

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

will get hong sip anot? [confused]  [:p]

Cosmicclaw praised this

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:13 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nissan Teana has for both front passenger & driver

Not on  the latest Teana. [thumbsdown] Only the old V6 version got.

will get hong sip anot? [confused]  [:p]

That means A/C also will cause "Hong Sip". :o ..next time you buy car,ask the SE take out your car's A/C..he will give your further discount. [:)]

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorento has both a/c seats & sunroof. Works good.
Aukang praised this

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

nakajima
  • nakajima
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I scared blow too much the air go up ur ass and feel like farting

Mustank praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: aircon ventilation cooling and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users