Ventilated car seats

Aukang

Wondering how useful these types of seats are in our hot weather and how many different models here have them...so far i know Kia Sorento, Toyota camry 2.5, volvo xc90 and most higher end Lexus, BMWs and Mercedes come equipped with these.

↡ Advertisement

very useful

my prev A8 comes with ventilated seat for all 4 passengers. its very good for long hour parking under sun or after u play sport, u need that ventilated seat. Also going for long journey e.g malaysia will keep ur back cool 

so far the best ventilated seat is Jaguar XJ. Very powerful ventilation, the highest level is very cold so during test drive i set it to number 1 or 2 instead of the highest one. 

for sorento and lexus es only front seat 

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

If under the sun does the particles from the seat foam be seen blowing all in the cabin? LoL...

dont think the ventilation strong enough to blow dust particles moreover u sit on it. if nobody sit, u can turn off the ventilation

But so far the cars that I try with air con seats, the cool air only blow to the lower back and the butt area. Any one experience any car that can blow the upper back and the thigh areas?

I saw Giant selling a ventilated seat cushion, it is the size of a car seat and plugs into the cigarette lighter. Supposedly can blow air so tada you get a ventilated seat without having to buy an expensive car.

It looked something like this : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/12-v-car-air-cushion-car-summer-cool-ventilated-seat-cushion-seat-cover-with-fan-cooler/32401906033.html

Edited by flashbang
  • Praise 2

But so far the cars that I try with air con seats, the cool air only blow to the lower back and the butt area. Any one experience any car that can blow the upper back and the thigh areas?

That's becoz your lower back sweats more. Many ppl do not notice it on a hot day. I do not like the sweaty back feeling. Previously I use a back support mesh to prevent the sweaty lower back. Some backpacks have the same design to naturally ventilate your lower back. It also prevents your sweat from going to your backpack.

Now I do not use the mesh support in my current car as the leather is grey. I find that I do not sweat that much in the lower back. Previous car is black leather interior, it absorbs more heat I think.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I saw Giant selling a ventilated seat cushion, it is the size of a car seat and plugs into the cigarette lighter. Supposedly can blow air so tada you get a ventilated seat without having to buy an expensive car.

It looked something like this : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/12-v-car-air-cushion-car-summer-cool-ventilated-seat-cushion-seat-cover-with-fan-cooler/32401906033.html

http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-EL9886-Cool-Air-Cushion/dp/B00DY78RWY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1451194257&sr=8-6&keywords=ventilated+car+seat+cushion

• Praise 1

Wondering how useful these types of seats are in our hot weather and how many different models here have them...so far i know Kia Sorento, Toyota camry 2.5, volvo xc90 and most higher end Lexus, BMWs and Mercedes come equipped with these.

Personally found it not that useful....furthermore can hear the blower sounds (at higher setting - faster blower speed), a bit noisy.

Can feel the air arising from the seat a bit - but that all.

Hence, rarely use it.

Perhaps only nice to have it listed in the specs only!

Nissan Teana has for both front passenger & driver

Not on  the latest Teana. [thumbsdown] Only the old V6 version got.

will get hong sip anot? [confused]  [:p]

That means A/C also will cause "Hong Sip". :o ..next time you buy car,ask the SE take out your car's A/C..he will give your further discount. [:)]

↡ Advertisement