China scrap one child policy

Yewheng

Remember our own 2-Child policy ?

I think China is following the same path and experience as Singapore after decades of population growth control and now reversing after rapid economic growth and better living standard.

fp1.jpg

• Praise 4

1 child policy already can see PRC in almost every corner of the world. 2 child policy they will become the majority in every corner of the world.

• Praise 1

Unbelievable. Shrinking work force?  Isn't many chinese can't find jobs in their own country?

Before accepting what is written as "truth", I sugguest better check who is the Author and which publishing source did Asiaone got from.

It is a japanese media known to be pro-right nationlist - Nikkei Asian Review.  Note its final paragraph:

"Experts say that the shift to a two child policy is likely too little, too late to address China's looming population crisis and that the government is unlikely to dismantle enforcement mechanisms for reproductive control due to deeply entrenched bureaucratic interests."

The Japanese news editor seems to forget that Japan itself is in a major crisis of its own with rapid pop ageing is not being handled decisively during their boom years while their conversative migraton policy is hindering Japan's long term properity.

Before accepting what is written as "truth", I sugguest better check who is the Author and which publishing source did Asiaone got from.

It is a japanese media known to be pro-right nationlist - Nikkei Asian Review.  Note its final paragraph:

"Experts say that the shift to a two child policy is likely too little, too late to address China's looming population crisis and that the government is unlikely to dismantle enforcement mechanisms for reproductive control due to deeply entrenched bureaucratic interests."

The Japanese news editor seems to forget that Japan itself is in a major crisis of its own with rapid pop ageing is not being handled decisively during their boom years while their conversative migraton policy is hindering Japan's long term properity.

What is wrong with the Japanese editor commenting on China's population policy just because Japan faces an aging population problem and had a conservative migration policy?

What is wrong with the Japanese editor commenting on China's population policy just because Japan faces an aging population problem and had a conservative migration policy?

Did I mentioned the word "wrong" or comment that Japanese media cannot write article about China based on their perspecitve ?

Pardon me, but it seems that you jump  the gun here.

China was a victim of Mao's "人多好辦事" policy, when they were encouraging births by glorifying and rewarding mothers in the 1950's. It was a major mistake and more than doubled the country's population in one generation without improving living standards of the common people. They had to put a drastic stop with the one child policy in 1979, after Mao's death.

Looking at those era (1947-1970s), it is hard to ignore why Mao's policies were driven by his experience both as field commander and then a rebel leader pushed to the limits than as an economic czar.

Plus the reality of post-WW2 China was long way behind industrialistion and most of his supporters are farmers and rural populance. I think  the disaster is more of his policy of rapid move to industralisaiton while forgetting how to feed his people.. leading to massive famine when farming and food was left as 2nd thought..

So I guess it isn't an issue whether or not China risk running out of children, but more of managing her people's growing expections and pre-ampting the shift towards a high-consumption society which any middle-class society will bring.

Never in history does a country of over 1B can shift its population policy so rapidly while attempting to moderate any massive social changes or risks it may bring.

Just look at our 5m pop and headache we are getting - then muliple this to the size of China.

Did I mentioned the word "wrong" or comment that Japanese media cannot write article about China based on their perspecitve ?

Pardon me, but it seems that you jump the gun here.

You did not but you most certainly implied

You did not but you most certainly implied

Clearly, you have trouble in telling the defference between implied and explicit statements.

If I want to be direct, I would have written "do not read this Japanese propaganda" or demand certain press should not be writing about this or that..

Instead, I highlighted to readers on the source of this report and let them decide, which you yourself is doing that, which so far, you fail to share your view..

Clearly, you have trouble in telling the defference between implied and explicit statements.

If I want to be direct, I would have written "do not read this Japanese propaganda" or demand certain press should not be writing about this or that..

Instead, I highlighted to readers on the source of this report and let them decide, which you yourself is doing that, which so far, you fail to share your view..

Oh my god I'm so sorry I mistook your grand intention. I'm so sorry. Thank you for your information. I should go back to school and brush up my comprehension skills

• Praise 1

Oh my god I'm so sorry I mistook your grand intention. I'm so sorry. Thank you for your information. I should go back to school and brush up my comprehension skills

You don't have to apologies. It is human to make mistakes.

Actually there was a way to get around the one child policy without penalties

They divorced and married the same person

Each "new" marriage entitled to 1 child

True story by a colleague who did it

If so easy, why Zhang Yimou got multiple women to bear multiple children for him ? [confused] Now Wang Feng also got children from multiple marriages, latest child from Zhang Ziyi. Maybe the more song option.

I am quoting real example of someone I know

How the hell would I know about Zhang Yimou and Wang Feng?

Maybe you send them email to ask them?

Actually there was a way to get around the one child policy without penalties

They divorced and married the same person

Each "new" marriage entitled to 1 child

True story by a colleague who did it

As the saying goes, as long as there is the Will, then there will always be a Way.  [:p]

From now on, infant products and toys will be getting more expensive liao

↡ Advertisement