Come Share Your View on "Car-Lite City"

Imac

Turbocharged

a very simple smart carpark system exist donkey years liao leh

but the authority only think of 1 way ... reduce spaces and increase car park charges [mad]

the people solution is INCREASE spaces (smartly) and reduce car park charges ... [thumbsup]

however, if the system hang ... no one can retrieve their car liao ... lol

The SMART parking lots at Changi Village hawker centre is a classic example.

So many glitches. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

First must improve public transport. If it is so convenient, the other only reason to drive is to howlian.

Before we achieve that, control the use of commercial vehicles during peak hours. Also school hours. These 2 create the major jams today. 

(edited)

i don't know what brand of system they use

my experience of smart parking in japan is 100% satisfaction ... so far have not experience a single glitch

just like MRT ... it's the system software, maintenance regime and the people who maintain the system

the idea/concept should work ... but we screw up

The SMART parking lots at Changi Village hawker centre is a classic example.

So many glitches. 

Edited by Wt_know

URA & HDB estate road planning is also very important, by concentrating all new HDB housing into 1 area with only 2 ingress only expect heavy jam.

1 expressway link to 10 estates also confirm jam, made worst by many road hoggers.

Cut down carpark or increase cost will make thing worse, it affect serive provider and the cost add on to non car users who uses their service.

Supersonic

i don't know what brand of system they use

my experience of smart parking in japan is 100% satisfaction ... so far have not experience a single glitch

just like MRT ... it's the system software, maintenance regime and the people who maintain the system

the idea/concept should work ... but we screw up

Seems like anything in Japan is reliable and 100% satisfaction de?! Their public transport and even the automated parking system, i really wonder why? But in sg, even though it seems like this place is very well developed, and many things here like world class, and yet problems everywhere.

Supersonic

The SMART parking lots at Changi Village hawker centre is a classic example.

So many glitches.

what are the glitches encountered? i only used it once and no problem haha...

Supersonic

what are the glitches encountered? i only used it once and no problem haha...

You used during the off peak hours?

(edited)

that's CRAZY !

anything more than 5mins after you punch the "retrieve" key is considered LONG liao!

15mins.

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic

So long, although some people might consider fast since it is during lunchtime?! Lol.

Actually if can connect to an app, you can use the app to request the car to be released earlier before you reach the entrance of the carpark building.

Say you just finished your meal and use the app, then walk slowly to the carpark and the car is ready for retrieval once you get there.

Supersonic
(edited)

So long, although some people might consider fast since it is during lunchtime?! Lol.

that's CRAZY !

anything more than 5mins after you punch the "retrieve" key is considered LONG liao!

haha there was a queue of people waiting to retrieve their cars. so got to wait. 4 car lifts serving both incoming and outgoing.

Actually if can connect to an app, you can use the app to request the car to be released earlier before you reach the entrance of the carpark building.

Say you just finished your meal and use the app, then walk slowly to the carpark and the car is ready for retrieval once you get there.

there will be a risk of someone not there to retrieve the car yet, and the car will be blocking the other cars from being released. Edited by kdash

Supersonic

haha there was a queue of people waiting to retrieve their cars. so got to wait. 4 car lifts serving both incoming and outgoing.

there will be a risk of someone not there to retrieve the car yet, and the car will be blocking the other cars from bring released.

The app needs to constantly remind the owner to come to get the car. Or use a count down sequence in the app to tell the owner his time left before his car reaches outside the lift.

Supersonic

But you would not know how fast or slow the car will reach the entrance le if you request the car earlier. Maybe no queue at that time and the car reached the entrance within 3 mins, and you still slowly slowly walk from your eatery. Lol.

Supersonic

But you would not know how fast or slow the car will reach the entrance le if you request the car earlier. Maybe no queue at that time and the car reached the entrance within 3 mins, and you still slowly slowly walk from your eatery. Lol.

Refer to my reply above.

Supersonic

Anyway, i dont trust such automatic car system here la. But i think i saw one such system located in an HDB area in Yishun, so funny?!

↡ Advertisement