Come Share Your View on "Car-Lite City"

Imac

Twincharged

haiz somehow i think i will be the 2 in 10 that cannot walk to a rail

i always very suay, cannot benefit from PAP policies 

Sentosa cove? Those ppl there still don't have MRT.

↡ Advertisement

haiz somehow i think i will be the 2 in 10 that cannot walk to a rail

i always very suay, cannot benefit from PAP policies 

same same. Very suay. I am 15min walk away from EW, Circle, and new Thomson line. Hence, can I request 80% of all brothers here to use BMW, bicycle, scooter so that the other 20% can buy 2nd car? 

Turbocharged

I think it will be high price + high running cost if the aim is to reduce private car population (which is the trend now).

I am oso of d opinion tat it will be high price + high running cost. There is no reason for d govt to lower d cost to accomodate more ppl own a car. It will only increase car population n more roads n car parks have to be build in land scarse Spore. But car-lite is only possible if our public transport improved tremendously.

Edited by keanie

I am oso of d opinion tat it will be high price + high running cost. There is no reason for d govt to lower d cost to accomodate more ppl own a car. It will only increase car population n more roads n car parks have to be build in land scarse Spore. But car-lite is only possible if our public transport improved tremendously.

Car is like cigarettes and alcohol. It's a cashcow for the gahmen.

They don't want to kill the golden goose, except to collect more and more money.

Improving public transport is just a sideshow.

• Praise 4

Car is like cigarettes and alcohol. It's a cashcow for the gahmen.

They don't want to kill the golden goose, except to collect more and more money.

Improving public transport is just a sideshow.

Improve public transport = ah gong hv to pay $$$.

Tighten COE = ah gong collect $$$.

If u were the rule maker, no prizes for guessing which is the lower hanging fruit....

• Praise 1

Let do some maths.

Ah gong tighten by 50K... drive COE back from 50K to 80K = (100K - 50K) x 80K = 4B

Ah gong loosen by 50K... drive COE down from 50K to 30K = 30K x (100K + 50K) = 4.5B

Which one Ah gong wants... more or less money...?

Edited by Limwsv

to solve the issues they should do this way and all must be together.. hahahah.

1. reduce coe to reduce car pop,

2. increase usage cost to solve the root of all jams issues.

3. reduce human pop

4. improve public transport

5. staggered working hours.

6. staggered school hours

7. improve park and ride carparks

8, give incentives for people to give up their rides (short term solution)

like that sure solve all issues! horray! hahaha

Let do some maths.

Ah gong tighten by 50K... drive COE back from 50K to 80K = (100K - 50K) x 80K = 4B

Ah gong loosen by 50K... drive COE down from 50K to 30K = 30K x (100K + 50K) = 4.5B

so u mean less coe less money collection?? actually during the good coe years, ah gong make less money from the coes than the peak years..

Let do some maths.

With 957k vehicles on the road, it is TOO many for our little land.  We have 3.5k km of roads.  It is unlikely gonna increase to the same level as Dec 2013 (974k).

It is likely to roll back to 2008 - 2009 level which is 900k vehicles on the road.

Car lite city = everybuddy drive Kei car

I luv this idea.

In Munich, Smart ka can park at Bicycle lot.

3. reduce human pop

so u mean less coe less money collection?? actually during the good coe years, ah gong make less money from the coes than the peak years..

Previous performance is no measure of future performance, as many here have said (unless you think COE will drop to 10K ~ 20K), COE may bottom out at 45K on a back of supply of 100K COE, so it's reasonable to suppose that adding another 50K will only drive it down to 30K (since Sillyporeans are rich and die die must buy car).

So, even if ah gong don't increase COE numbers, 100K x 45K = 4.5B.  Still better than previous performance when COE is at 80K for a volume of 50K.

3. reduce human pop

1. I think started liao

2. Our current is not elite enough.  Should follow my idea.  The further away rolling average speed of traffic is away from legal speed, the more ERP should be paid.  For every 10km off, it is $10.  That should increase accident on the road which would cause more ppl to pay more ERP.  Over a 6 mths period, this system will eliminate peasant & lousy driver.  After that, you would have road traffic smooth like butter.

3.  Unlikely with grey population increasing.  GDP needs increase in population to cheong.

Currently, illegal everywhere except your house.

so the review is done & illegal everywhere?  sigh

I was just think of buying 1 to put in boot a few months back.  So that if I park further, I can scoot there.  I even seen A6 & E Class owners having these in their boot.

PS: wait, but enforcement is lite touch.

so the review is done & illegal everywhere?  sigh

I was just think of buying 1 to put in boot a few months back.  So that if I park further, I can scoot there.  I even seen A6 & E Class owners having these in their boot.

PS: wait, but enforcement is lite touch.

On this island, if it does say can, means cannot lor.  Juz like no u-turn unless there is a sign that says u can u-turn here.

It is true that enforcement is lite touch.  Officer don't know what to charge you.

Let do some maths.

I hope you are right.

Which means PM realli want us to buy lightweight sports car and not take public transport.  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

Can't wait for GE 2020....confirm MIW win 99%.  [laugh]

I hope you are right.

Which means PM realli want us to buy lightweight sports car and not take public transport.  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

Can't wait for GE 2020....confirm MIW win 99%.  [laugh]

Right or wrong not so important... what is more important is the quality of the analysis.  Sloppy work or no intellectual integrity needs to be put down.

Right or wrong not so important... what is more important is the quality of the analysis.  Sloppy work or no intellectual integrity needs to be put down.

BBTW, Enye will soon respond that I have no integrity  [laugh]

Sloppy thinking on my property purchase... oh well, there's no way to please the man.

Edited by Limwsv

Turbocharged

If the analysis is wrong then there is no quality or intellectual integrity (whatever that means) to speak of lah  :a-fun:

Your logic is strange man  :a-fun:  and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you  :D

If the analysis is wrong then there is no quality or intellectual integrity (whatever that means) to speak of lah  :a-fun:

Your logic is strange man  :a-fun:  and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you  :D

Durian tree everywhere!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1