Passat B8

Anderang

Just completed my first servicing.

Highlighted an issue with false positive on manouvre emergency braking when I was doing reverse parking. Sensors were tested to be fine.

Hope it's because some stealthy cat was saved by the system.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys,

After my weeks of searching for best priced 235/40/19, finally found the best valued tyres. It's a Tyre shop at international road. Look for uncle sweet :) managed to meet my budget of 1k

Neutral Newbie

Collected my ride today. Eagerly waiting for the parts for AID and reverse camera to arrive.

Will this affect your warranty?

Will this affect your warranty?

I posed the same query to my SE when collecting the car. It seems that VW more concerned about engine and brake modification. So theoretically AID not covered if it is not functioning properly when I send car for servicing. In short, warranty not affected.

But don't quote me. I didn't get the confirmation in black & white as well.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I own a Passat B8 2.0TDI, how do I know when DPF is regenerating? Sometimes I see the motor is running in idle 1000RPM + the cooling fans are loudly blowing. Unforutnately there is no feedback on the instruments. Today I made a 80km run and on the end I realised that the motor is running on 1000RPM. It happened on the past week too, but then I drove in the town. How often it should be regenerate?

Hi,

I own a Passat B8 2.0TDI, how do I know when DPF is regenerating? Sometimes I see the motor is running in idle 1000RPM + the cooling fans are loudly blowing. Unforutnately there is no feedback on the instruments. Today I made a 80km run and on the end I realised that the motor is running on 1000RPM. It happened on the past week too, but then I drove in the town. How often it should be regenerate?

I'm guessing since I don't own a TDI. If the regeneration is activated by reaching a certain state, eg. temperature or pressure, maybe this corresponding sensor status can be monitored using OBD scanners.

Just a update on my B8 HL Passat... 

DSG Fail me at 31000KM, went back to VW Macpherson, replace a new Mechantronics .

My ride was register on dec 2016...

So sad... lose confidence on the car... :TT_TT:  [furious]  [mad]

Update on my B8 HL Passat.

Did 60k km servicing in June. Current Mileage ~64k km.

My ride will be turning 3 yrs old end Dec 2018.

DSG so far so good..

DSG Fail me at 31000KM, went back to VW Macpherson, replace a new Mechantronics .

So sad... lose confidence on the car... :TT_TT:[furious][mad]

7speed dsg or 6 speed dsg?

HL = Highline?

Edited by Lotr

Neutral Newbie

So sad... lose confidence on the car... :TT_TT:[furious][mad]

Hi Konajovin. Can you share how the gb breakdown. Was the car stalled during driving? Can car drive back on its own back to agent? Tks

So sad... lose confidence on the car... :TT_TT:  [furious]  [mad]

Hi

Like to know more. Mine is the 1.8TSI CL

Ur engine is stock? got do any tuning or piggyback? PM me if u cant share here. Like to know more. as the 7speed DSG is design for max 250nm and the stock car is aready 250nm...........

Is it the traffic condition, like start stop traffic where drivers usually inch forward that causes the 7 speed dsg to fail prematurely?

Hi Konajovin. Can you share how the gb breakdown. Was the car stalled during driving? Can car drive back on its own back to agent? Tks

Hi, was driving out from car park, reach a traffic light and stop. Suddenly the car jerk forward, luckily I was the first vehicle and no pedestrian crossing the road, den the monitor shows transmission in emergency mode, after that I switch off the engine and start again. Everything back to normal, next day went to vw Macpherson got diganose 9on the error message, vw informed me my mechantronics gone haywire. Claim a new mu for me, took my spare keys for re programming.

Hi, was driving out from car park, reach a traffic light and stop. Suddenly the car jerk forward, luckily I was the first vehicle and no pedestrian crossing the road, den the monitor shows transmission in emergency mode, after that I switch off the engine and start again. Everything back to normal, next day went to vw Macpherson got diganose 9on the error message, vw informed me my mechantronics gone haywire. Claim a new mu for me, took my spare keys for re programming.

post-168840-0-71612000-1539840698_thumb.jpg

Edited by konajovin

Hi, mine is fully stock. No tuning or piggyback or any chip.

Hi

Like to know more. Mine is the 1.8TSI CL

Ur engine is stock? got do any tuning or piggyback? PM me if u cant share here. Like to know more. as the 7speed DSG is design for max 250nm and the stock car is aready 250nm...........

The weather cause my coolant pump replacement when the car was only 18 months old... mileage at 29000+ km only... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Is it the traffic condition, like start stop traffic where drivers usually inch forward that causes the 7 speed dsg to fail prematurely?

post-168840-0-04934600-1539841063_thumb.jpg

post-168840-0-07549800-1539841064_thumb.jpg

post-168840-0-64417000-1539841064_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

attachicon.gifIMG_1932.jpg

Hi konajovin. Tks for the sharing. Hope its a isolated case.

Let's hope so. I was under the impression that DQ200 gearbox issue has reduced drastically (one of the article mentioned 90% reduction) with the switch to mineral-based oil for gearbox.

↡ Advertisement