Passat B8

Anderang

Passat highline now 139,300.

VW dropped price proportional to COE drop.

Nego a bit maybe can get 138k.

[furious]  [bigcry] I think only VW do this...Car less than 2 months old..,go to CASE...see can help or not,my Mazda 6,already 3 years,still can get FREE map upgrade from TomTom.

I tried to reason with the customer service side. But was told it is management decision.

Btw, I heard Kah Motor also same same. My friend just collected his oddy last month. He bought the highest spec one with navi.

The maps also not the latest, no MCE, etc....

KM told him need to pay for the latest maps also though he just collected his ride.

↡ Advertisement

any one knows how to link iPhone to car's infotainment system?

There is no problem for the telephone calls, but other than that, all the notification sounds are not played.

There is an app from Apple Store but I need to activate it every time. Is there any other solutions?

for phone calls, the car should sound,

for any other notifications such as text/ whatsapp etc, wont sound as, it is a safety feature. shouldn't be reading texts when driving

Passat highline now 139,300.

VW dropped price proportional to COE drop.

Nego a bit maybe can get 138k.

I tried to reason with the customer service side. But was told it is management decision.

Btw, I heard Kah Motor also same same. My friend just collected his oddy last month. He bought the highest spec one with navi.

The maps also not the latest, no MCE, etc....

KM told him need to pay for the latest maps also though he just collected his ride.

Where u see the VW pricelist?

Passat Comfortline 1.8 TSI (DSG)

CO2 Emissions: 135 g/km

Price with COE: $149,300

CEVS Rebate: - $5,000

Promotional Discount: - $10,000

NETT Price: $134,300

Passat Highline 1.8 TSI (DSG) ^

CO2 Emissions: 135 g/km

Price with COE: $154,300

CEVS Rebate: - $5,000

Promotional Discount: - $10,000

NETT Price: $139,300

Passat Exclusiveline 2.0 TSI (DSG) ^

CO2 Emissions: 149 g/km

Price with COE: $165,300

Promotional Discount: - $3,000

NETT Price: $162,300

Passat R-Line 2.0 TSI (DSG) ^

CO2 Emissions: 149 g/km

Price with COE: $165,300

Promotional Discount: - $3,000

NETT Price: $162,300

Edited by Runforyourlife

Bro, looks like I'm experiencing the same issue as you after visiting VW.

Clock issue resolved till date.

Odometer issue resolved when software was updated but after abt 160km plus, the "after refuel" resets to be in synch with " since start".but "extended period" still ok.

Have you gone back to VW abt this issue?

I thought the 3 headings are

'Since Start', 'Since refuelling' and 'Long term'.

I never see extended period.

Ya, the since refuelling counter always reset itself.

Good luck on vw cars whereby the whole brand is a bloody lie. The 7 spd dry gb mu will fail after 1 yr with 30km mileage. Until today new car owners will cont to be conned with pushy sales but shitty aftersales repair service in MacPherson. VW is truly a car owners' worst nightmare.

Good luck on vw cars whereby the whole brand is a bloody lie. The 7 spd dry gb mu will fail after 1 yr with 30km mileage. Until today new car owners will cont to be conned with pushy sales but shitty aftersales repair service in MacPherson. VW is truly a car owners' worst nightmare.

Do u own a vw in recent times bro?

Do u own a vw in recent times bro?

Yes I sold my touran tdi last year due to mu failure. After that then diesel scandal came out. I was wondering how much I can sell if I sold after the scandal. More and more vw models may come out and look nicer eg golf sportscan, Passat b8, etc. but I warn against any prospective vw buyers. Do not give into the temptation as there are better car brands out there. Audi is also a nono as vw brand.

Did any of you guys went for the active info display?

Initially I thought I might regret not wait for the AID. After driving the car, I feel fine for it. I try to connect Mirrorlink with my phone but fail then I download video to SD card and watched it when idle. Off course video won't play on the move.

It make u to focus when u driving. At this moment, I realise that paying it is to enjoy the fun and excitement when u are driving it, not its infotain. Having the AID is cool, other then that... It up to individual... Choose what your preference in driving, other is just plus point which u might get immute after time.

Happy CNY guys!

The discover pro navigation maps are really frustrating.

Yesterday went parkroyal @ pickering. Cannot locate.

Today tried to go blossom residences, EC more than a year already. Also cannot locate.

Sigh...

Looks like may need to go back VCS for update and get carrot for 730 bucks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, anyone know if the Passat's cornering light meant the LED will shine where your steering wheel points?

Or it just means if you signal right then the right fog light will light up?

Hi all, anyone know if the Passat's cornering light meant the LED will shine where your steering wheel points?

Or it just means if you signal right then the right fog light will light up?

The led headlights will turn with the steering wheel.

Test drive both Mondeo 1.5 Ecoboost  & VW Passat 1.8T  & Kia Optima yesterday.  Actually Passat drive is quiet and has pretty good acceleration.  It takes uneven road pretty well and handle very well.  Engine sound is nice and quiet.  Gear shift during acceleration is seamless and fast.  I like both Mondeo and Passat - but FC says No.

My only concern are:

1) Price is about $20K more expensive than other Japanese/ Korean brands - so how to justify the premium to my FC ?

2) Comfortline does not have a reverse camera, NAVI and sunroof.  Highline is another $5k more.

Happy CNY guys!

Today tried to go blossom residences, EC more than a year already. Also cannot locate.

Sigh...

Use hp and a sucker holder, save the money.

Use hp and a sucker holder, save the money.

Agree. This will always be the problem with built-in maps, they will get outdated very quickly. If you have Carplay or Android Auto in the Passat you can use the phone maps on the screen right?

Test drive both Mondeo 1.5 Ecoboost  & VW Passat 1.8T  & Kia Optima yesterday.  Actually Passat drive is quiet and has pretty good acceleration.  It takes uneven road pretty well and handle very well.  Engine sound is nice and quiet.  Gear shift during acceleration is seamless and fast.  I like both Mondeo and Passat - but FC says No.

My only concern are:

1) Price is about $20K more expensive than other Japanese/ Korean brands - so how to justify the premium to my FC ?

2) Comfortline does not have a reverse camera, NAVI and sunroof.  Highline is another $5k more.

Bro,

Between Mondeo n Passat, i will take Passat anytime. No fight.

How to justify? I have been driving Passat for 1.5 months and loving it everyday.

This is my justification.

Cheers.

Happy CNY guys!

Sigh...

Don't need to update the nav system. I started to use the Android Auto and Google Map was the main feature for this AA. Which nav is most updated and syn well with Android system? Google=Android! and Google Map had been establish for more than 10 years. I feel the Google Map is quite accurate and responsive compare stock nav system. The only thing missing is you can't see the nav direction in you main panel.

Another feature for AA is the Google Play Music. Personally I don't use Play Music for my phone but this is the only software able to used in AA. I download my song into SD card previously in my car, now I able to select song in the playlist and play it in my car. The good things is I can read the Chinese song title now, where in stock media you only see funny symbol for Chinese. Plug in you phone into USB port, the AA will start immediately.

↡ Advertisement