Odd shaped Living Hall

Donut

Supercharged

I went to view a condo recently and it has an odd shaped living hall.

Hall is quite big. just that the odd shape will pose a challenge in renovation.  I want to break the odd shape 

Could anyone give ideas on how i can renovate in a way to address this odd shaped or to break this odd shape?

If i put the TV console against the wall, then the sofa and sitting area would have to in the middle of the hall.

post-28957-0-02403500-1452066582_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

tear down wall between kitchen and dining..  . seal the entrance to kitchen.. shld give u an easier space to work with..  

put an island ard the sealed door

This unit can skip- centre of the unit is toilet and utility room no good- flush out the 'luck" of the house. odd shape living room - impossible to renovate- person who stay there will feel disoriented and distorted in thinking and will lead to mistake which will affect career. this is a pre-owned unit.

Choose a square or rectangle shape is better- if given a choice.

TS, since you are going to renovate it, why not leave it to the I.D to propose several designs for you to choose from? Are you planning to design your home yourself? and just get a contractor to build?

yes, Put the sofa in the middle of the room. TV console at the wall nearest the door. The wall beside bedroom 3, build a long shelf or storage along that wall.

did I see wrongly....outside can enter to kitchen?

this is more odd [knife]

some condo have 2 entrance, not unusual. in fact very common for old condo in 70s.

Jman888, on 06 Jan 2016 - 5:38 PM, said:

some condo have 2 entrance, not unusual. in fact very common for old condo in 70s.

oic...but still find it odd.

maybe good for additional fire escape door (but less one "wall" to put to use)

• Praise 3

Look like a design in the 90s with very bad fengshui consideration.

141sqm for a 3bedder is good tho.

Problem would be solved easily if bedroom 2 is not needed.

double entrance condo is for maid. cannot use front door. must use kitchen door. 

this unit the iiving and dining together rook abit tight le..

anyhow suggestion:

unlimited budget reno then you can make a JDM genkan entrance with the odd shaped area, can put shoe/bicycle/plant/barang barang. Then no more odd shaped living. Put nice sofa in middle (bo bian), then TV console against bedroom wall. Top left corner of living put nice semi big sized plant.  (woody area slightly raised up) 

entrance.jpg

post-26533-0-53682000-1452074757_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 12

if you have not get the option, go for other unit, now is a buyer's market, lots of inventory to choose from, why get one with odd shape

yup, look for more squarish shape unit. this irregular shaped living room is not even easy to sell in the first place, though it has 4 bathrooms altogether........

double entrance condo is for maid. cannot use front door. must use kitchen door. 

this unit the iiving and dining together rook abit tight le..

anyhow suggestion:

unlimited budget reno then you can make a JDM genkan entrance with the odd shaped area, can put shoe/bicycle/plant/barang barang. Then no more odd shaped living. Put nice sofa in middle (bo bian), then TV console against bedroom wall. Top left corner of living put nice semi big sized plant.  (woody area slightly raised up) 

bro, u r quite a genius... :) r u in the building industry? he he he  [thumbsup]

I am not very good with interior design ideas so I personally like spaces that are functional which to my simple mind means square or rectangle.

Assuming this is what we have to work with, and ...

1. using my simple and cheap approach (ie minimal or no renovations)

2. power points and cable points are located at the common wall with Bedroom 2.

Here's what I would do.

TV put at the common wall with Bedroom 2.

Square / rectangle dining table parallel to Kitchen as close as comfortably possible.

Sofa facing TV will be in the middle of Living Room with enough space for a person to walk from main door to windows.

Balance space between the entrance and sofa ... maybe some display shelves or shoe space or secondary family area.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1