Dilemma between the Jag XE, Merc CLA250SB & BMW 330i(F30)

mcs08

given omv of 330i is ard 46k, and both are having the same selling price.

hmm, xe is a better choice in terms of value for money.

Omv for xe estimated is 42k. Based on infosheet provided by jaguar for the HSBC event cars last sat.
↡ Advertisement

Omv for xe estimated is 42k. Based on infosheet provided by jaguar for the HSBC event cars last sat.

But TS XE got different engine and options, probably much higher.

• Praise 1

But TS XE got different engine and options, probably much higher.

The 47-50k was given by the sales, concrete numbers will depend on the exchange during that time. For one of their xf, the omv was ard 65k.

I am also hoping for as high as possible for the omv!

Just on looks Jaguar wins hands down. 

If it was XJ, will remind me of the channel 8 show "bian yuan fu zi", where the gang boss owns a fierce looking Jag

Hahaha, are u saying that XJ owners have got the potential in looking like an underworld boss? 

If done up nicely, many Jag's do look fierce

• Praise 2

I tested XE and 330i, Based on paper, the hp & torque for 330i are better. The 330i drive much better too IMO - smoother and less noisy. The engine for XE feels very rough and noisy. As for looks, yes XE has a newer refreshing looks compared to 330i.

At the end of the day, it all depends on what is more important to the buyer. For me, the #1 factor is the drive.

Happy shopping!

• Praise 2

the XE quality is not really there unless its the portfolio edition with the additional carbon and leather bits.

The XF new model is nice.

The 330 do have that added special X factor which is missing in the XE for driving enjoyment

• Praise 1

BMW cars normally win on their drive so if that is the main criteria then no brainer here.

CLA I guess will be for refinement n reliability whilst Jaguar is a classy car which ages well, a sort of MILF that still turns heads though aged. Haha, happy choosing!

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

BMW cars normally win on their drive so if that is the main criteria then no brainer here.

CLA I guess will be for refinement n reliability whilst Jaguar is a classy car which ages well, a sort of MILF that still turns heads though aged. Haha, happy choosing!

with the stiff ride on the CLA, I don't think that would be a car someone should associate "refinement" with... :wacko:

• Praise 1

CLA is minimalist car. The interior touches aren't made to pls and is pretty basic. the SB version rear seats overhead clearance is fine for me. standing at 1.75m I still have about 10cm of clearance. 

talking about class, any SB or Estate loses its class. so go for saloon. BMW are too common. move on to the Jag family.

Turbocharged

CLA is minimalist car. The interior touches aren't made to pls and is pretty basic. the SB version rear seats overhead clearance is fine for me. standing at 1.75m I still have about 10cm of clearance. 

talking about class, any SB or Estate loses its class. so go for saloon. BMW are too common. move on to the Jag family.

I actually find the C-Class Estate a seriously classy looker... haha, classy Class.

The MFA cars being minimalist... well, that never seemed to strike me as the case, what with the propeller-style vents, the cluttered console control panel and the "sporty" seats. The CLA is a style-machine targeted at a lower class of customer and it has corners cut to meet lower prices, and that shows in certain places of the cabin, especially lower down. It is definitely not intended to be "minimalist" - it is intended to be a bit show-offy.

If you have 10cm of head clearance, I dunno, I feel I have to ask if you are sitting up straight because I'm shorter than you and I found the CLA's headroom to be less than a ruler's length.

• Praise 1

with the stiff ride on the CLA, I don't think that would be a car someone should associate "refinement" with... :wacko:

Actually I was referring to the overall refinement of a Benz in general which I personally find it to be amongst the best in it's class. Jaguar is also up there but feel Benz has upped a notch in this area.

• Praise 4

To me, all 3 are victims of modern day marketing. By-products of style over substance approach that defines the boom years. The 3 and CLA are a step back for BMW and Benz. Only good thing for the XE is Jaguar cannot regress further with their last offering in this class. I will look else where but nothing comes to mind.
  • Praise 2

To me, all 3 are victims of modern day marketing. By-products of style over substance approach that defines the boom years. The 3 and CLA are a step back for BMW and Benz. Only good thing for the XE is Jaguar cannot regress further with their last offering in this class. I will look else where but nothing comes to mind.

You have a valid point but these 3 premium makes ie BMW, Benz and Jag are caught in no man's land. Premium but not excusive premium like Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Aston etc so they have to try capture the entry premium level and hence the move to introduce lower end models who will likely be 1st time buyers of these makes and hopefully upgraders in later years.

I know the regulars will be upset just like how BMW fans get upset with the introduction of FWD to their ranks and now even an MPV! Mind you even the venerable old Corolla had to upkeep with the times and I know one Toyota SE who told me an uncle who had already driven 3-4 generations of Corolla refused to buy the latest one cos it was too revolutionary for his liking haha [smash]

• Praise 5

I actually find the C-Class Estate a seriously classy looker... haha, classy Class.

The MFA cars being minimalist... well, that never seemed to strike me as the case, what with the propeller-style vents, the cluttered console control panel and the "sporty" seats. The CLA is a style-machine targeted at a lower class of customer and it has corners cut to meet lower prices, and that shows in certain places of the cabin, especially lower down. It is definitely not intended to be "minimalist" - it is intended to be a bit show-offy.

If you have 10cm of head clearance, I dunno, I feel I have to ask if you are sitting up straight because I'm shorter than you and I found the CLA's headroom to be less than a ruler's length.

I was talking about the headroom in the shooting brakes. the coupe version is bad.

You have a valid point but these 3 premium makes ie BMW, Benz and Jag are caught in no man's land. Premium but not excusive premium like Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Aston etc so they have to try capture the entry premium level and hence the move to introduce lower end models who will likely be 1st time buyers of these makes and hopefully upgraders in later years.

I know the regulars will be upset just like how BMW fans get upset with the introduction of FWD to their ranks and now even an MPV! Mind you even the venerable old Corolla had to upkeep with the times and I know one Toyota SE who told me an uncle who had already driven 3-4 generations of Corolla refused to buy the latest one cos it was too revolutionary for his liking haha [smash]

actually lambo has very bad interior. although it looks good. on the Aventador almost everything in it is plastic haha. Pulled the doors down months ago and the handle was very flimsy :(

Yeah I tried the Aventador when I was appointed for a photoshoot.

Best among the 3 is still Ferrari, well equipped either in Carbon, metal or alcantara.

Turbocharged

I was talking about the headroom in the shooting brakes. the coupe version is bad.

I'm referring to the CLA SB as well. Come to think of it I realize I seem to view the CLA family rather poorly despite coming quite close to living with a CLA SB... [dizzy]

Actually I was referring to the overall refinement of a Benz in general which I personally find it to be amongst the best in it's class. Jaguar is also up there but feel Benz has upped a notch in this area.

Ah. Well, I suppose so, but for me that statement only applies for the MRA cars such as C-Class. The MFA series cars don't seem to have the same best-in-class refinement imho - Audi's A3 is superior in this regard.

actually lambo has very bad interior. although it looks good. on the Aventador almost everything in it is plastic haha. Pulled the doors down months ago and the handle was very flimsy :(

Yeah I tried the Aventador when I was appointed for a photoshoot.

Best among the 3 is still Ferrari, well equipped either in Carbon, metal or alcantara.

:grin: Lambo peeps will probably tell u to choose a bentley if u prefer luxury. Lambos are for speeddddddd and looking nice only.

Personally, I'll go with a porsche GT3(for pure handling & speed) or bentley(for luxury) than the above mentioned.