Dilemma between the Jag XE, Merc CLA250SB & BMW 330i(F30)

mcs08

Turbocharged

Is it detuned for tropical weather? Many engines in SEA, even taiwan, are detuned to some extent from their european/north american counterparts.

no, it's not. It's simply a lower spec tune as that particular engine comes in at least two states of tune, the 197hp and the 238hp spec.

I'm running a car with the 238hp spec. It's very powerful and responsive albeit with the slight turbo lag below 2000rpm, but it's a previous generation turbo engine so it's not particularly economical, compared to newer engines.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yes, the f30 is everywhere practically. To opt for the bimmer, I'll definitely add in the MSport package as well.

Are you driving a CLA? How is it? Which engine size?

Not considering the C class, I don't like the new look...+ I got the w204, of which I do like the look of it.

Me? Nah, I'm not getting about in a CLA. My mover's in a size class above and a brand class below.

Did consider C200 estate though.

imo I like the W205's design, but I can see how it is hit and miss for most. It's organic and curvy, very round. Some say even too feminine.

CLA though, I just don't see why people like the design.

The other reason I disapprove of CLA is because the C-class is simply much better equipped. C200 comes with Intelligent Lighting System, for example. And it's RWD with newer generation engines than CLA's current lineup.

It just seems so much better overall to me, if styling is not your first priority.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

I was still contemplating changing my ride to jag soon. Looking at the comments..... i think twice.

Don't let the comments scare you, im leaning more towards the Jag now.

Me? Nah, I'm not getting about in a CLA. My mover's in a size class above and a brand class below.

Did consider C200 estate though.

imo I like the W205's design, but I can see how it is hit and miss for most. It's organic and curvy, very round. Some say even too feminine.

CLA though, I just don't see why people like the design.

The other reason I disapprove of CLA is because the C-class is simply much better equipped. C200 comes with Intelligent Lighting System, for example. And it's RWD with newer generation engines than CLA's current lineup.

It just seems so much better overall to me, if styling is not your first priority.

Yes, it will be good if the SB came with RWD. That might be a good deal to pass up, for me anyway. The W205's rwd is that enticing enough for me given that the look is kinda..yea, ummm...not my kind of look.

I do like E class estate though! Nicer than the C Estate. Personal opinion.

Turbocharged

Yes, it will be good if the SB came with RWD. That might be a good deal to pass up, for me anyway. The W205's rwd is that enticing enough for me given that the look is kinda..yea, ummm...not my kind of look.

I do like E class estate though! Nicer than the C Estate. Personal opinion.

I'm personally more into compact size cars... also because E-class too pricey for my tastes

Nice.

Waiting for F-pace thou.

If nice, chu chia!

Good Choice bro! F-pace confirm nice. Nicely designed and fitted with a substantial sized engine. Pricewise, also nice! :that-dood-is-up-to-something:  Too nice, in fact! I think the price might be similar to a Porsche Cayenne, of which, I will choose the later.

• Praise 1

Good Choice bro! F-pace confirm nice. Nicely designed and fitted with a substantial sized engine. Pricewise, also nice! :that-dood-is-up-to-something: Too nice, in fact! I think the price might be similar to a Porsche Cayenne, of which, I will choose the later.

Thought i read it somewhere, it is going up against macan.

If same price as cayenne, i might as well go for cayenne, regardless how nice it is.....

Ha ha ha

I was still contemplating changing my ride to jag soon. Looking at the comments..... i think twice.

The Jag is a nice car. A lot of the issues with the base model can be corrected by adding options. Only issue is that the cost blows up very quickly with Jag options as mentioned by TS.

However, if you are considering the F-PACE, this might not be an issue for you.

If I had the moola, I would definitely for the Jag with options.

Another good thing to consider will be the new E class when it comes out.

Porsche is boring... no offense.

Kind of agree....

Ha ha ha

The Jag is a nice car. A lot of the issues with the base model can be corrected by adding options. Only issue is that the cost blows up very quickly with Jag options as mentioned by TS.

I thought the E class just fl.... so fast another fl?

Kind of agree....

Ha ha ha

I thought the E class just fl.... so fast another fl?

Its not a FL, its a new model.

Porsche is boring... no offense.

Boring, strictly speaking, yes...but after taking a friend's cayenne for a small spin...the torque and the exhaust's audio system... OMG! completely MESMERIZED! [sunny]  Maybe due to it being in excess of 4.0L (4.4 or 4.8, don't really remember) did help drop my jaw [laugh]

I'll not be considering the F-pace for now. Budget is not there yet. With that budget, I might really consider a Porsche Macan or Cayenne of which has got less issues of resale.

XE, like you said, has to go with some additional options to make it more like a luxury sedan. And, yes, the $$$ involved is like a hot air balloon, up up up in the sky (but not slowly!) !!! Options choice will have to be exactly what is needed and not entirely what I like to have.

Its not a FL, its a new model.

I hope the new model is not the one with the digital speedo/odo one...I am not liking that. Too cyber for me, maybe is an age thing? I like to see the physical needle.

Given the choice of Jag and Merc, go for the Merc. Go test drive the Jag, especially during brake holding at traffic light or stops. That's all I need to say.

• Praise 2

What is wrong during brake holding?

Given the choice of Jag and Merc, go for the Merc. Go test drive the Jag, especially during brake holding at traffic light or stops. That's all I need to say.