Dilemma between the Jag XE, Merc CLA250SB & BMW 330i(F30)

mcs08

Don't wanna be a naysayer but for that price I would expect the new 237 hp ingenium engine. does your timeline allow you to wait for that to be launched? It might be slightly pricier but personally i feel that's a lot better deal

Yea, I'll like for it to be the 237hp model as well. The new XF is equipped with that spec. 

As for the petrol ingenium engine, im not exactly sure of the specs yet. There are different reviews and sayings on the availability of it and their launch dates. I think nothing is concrete yet. Also, although as consumers, we all like new techs and engine models but we, as drivers, are also pretty skeptical about their reliability as well. No facts nor figures to base on.

Therefore, opting for the XE currently is a gamble, honestly. Will the ingenium be more reliable? I believe that it will be more powerful and definitely more efficient.

↡ Advertisement

Don't wanna be a naysayer but for that price I would expect the new 237 hp ingenium engine. does your timeline allow you to wait for that to be launched? It might be slightly pricier but personally i feel that's a lot better deal

HP so high ... The XE a drinker or not ?   :secret-laugh:

• Praise 2

Confirm drinker lah, but the fuel cost pales next to any TP fine hehee  :XD:

HP so high ... The XE a drinker or not ?   :secret-laugh:

I am sure the Ingenium engines are reliable lah, they plan to roll it out across Land Rover and Jaguar can't be that bad :D

The 330i uses the new B58 engines as well which was in the current mini line up for some time also quite reliable it seems, 

Heh I would like to talk you into the 330i but I can see you made up your mind liao :D

With that I will wish you the best with your purchase, please do us a favor and write a good review :)

Yea, I'll like for it to be the 237hp model as well. The new XF is equipped with that spec. 

As for the petrol ingenium engine, im not exactly sure of the specs yet. There are different reviews and sayings on the availability of it and their launch dates. I think nothing is concrete yet. Also, although as consumers, we all like new techs and engine models but we, as drivers, are also pretty skeptical about their reliability as well. No facts nor figures to base on.

Therefore, opting for the XE currently is a gamble, honestly. Will the ingenium be more reliable? I believe that it will be more powerful and definitely more efficient.

• Praise 2

Confirm drinker lah, but the fuel cost pales next to any TP fine hehee  :XD:

I am sure the Ingenium engines are reliable lah, they plan to roll it out across Land Rover and Jaguar can't be that bad :D

The 330i uses the new B58 engines as well which was in the current mini line up for some time also quite reliable it seems, 

Heh I would like to talk you into the 330i but I can see you made up your mind liao :D

With that I will wish you the best with your purchase, please do us a favor and write a good review :)

Lol! I don't need much persuasion given me any earlier models of the bimmer. Made my choice that much easier, this time round. Went for the exclusivity and overall design. 

• Praise 1

XE sports at a price of $230K is same as XF? then why not the XF ?

have your consider Audi A6? price is much cheaper than XF.

$230 was previously for a R-Sports model. The price has dropped recently, going for $225 now.

For the normal XE, prestige, it is going for $193.

XF's price is still stagnant, no price drop for now.

I did not consider A6 as i'll be going for the 2.0 model which costs more. Also, I will prefer to have an RWD/AWD instead. If I were to really consider Audi, it will be the A5 Sportback 2.0. It looks way better and is an AWD.

One of the reasons why I think the XE trim is so expensive to upgrade is that its done in UK and increase the omv which is then taxed extra.

Wearnes should consider doing local fitting to improve interior trim which should bring a well trimmed XE price down making it a much more attractive buy.

Things like leather seats, interior trimmings all can be done locally I think.

Thank you everyone for replying to this thread.

Deposit has been made for the XE 2.0L.

This decision was firmed up due to the model being with 237hp & with the RSports package.

Power is still not on par with the 330i, but it is definitely in that region. Handling is as good and passenger comfort is a definite plus. Together with the fact that many people do like the look of the Jag in & out of this forum, especially the wife(myself included), decision was made.

With some additional options added, hopefully, the car will turn up as good as the images below.

0e0e2bfb-caf7-4f4e-8abb-b52c792f1cfb.jpg

146c7376-eb7f-412f-8ad1-159910afae8c.jpg

Now, the wait begins. It is expected to reach the showroom for collection sometime in May or even June. It WILL be a long wait.

First thing to be done upon collection is to get the rims blacked out.

I don't think silver is not doing the car much justice, although many will beg to differ. [:p]

• Praise 1

Thank you everyone for replying to this thread.

Deposit has been made for the XE 2.0L.

This decision was firmed up due to the model being with 237hp & with the RSports package.

Power is still not on par with the 330i, but it is definitely in that region. Handling is as good and passenger comfort is a definite plus. Together with the fact that many people do like the look of the Jag in & out of this forum, especially the wife(myself included), decision was made.

With some additional options added, hopefully, the car will turn up as good as the images below.

Now, the wait begins. It is expected to reach the showroom for collection sometime in May or even June. It WILL be a long wait.

First thing to be done upon collection is to get the rims blacked out.

I don't think silver is not doing the car much justice, although many will beg to differ. [:p]

Congrats on the decision.

What magic did you do to get them to bring the 237bhp spec for u?

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

PM me the price you got for the 237bhp can?

One of the reasons why I think the XE trim is so expensive to upgrade is that its done in UK and increase the omv which is then taxed extra.

Wearnes should consider doing local fitting to improve interior trim which should bring a well trimmed XE price down making it a much more attractive buy.

Things like leather seats, interior trimmings all can be done locally I think.

Yes, the additional trim option IS expensive. But I guess there is no other way around it?

Retrofitting leather to the seats will be easier, but to imagine having to remove the entire dash and to re-wrap after it has been fully installed in the UK? Maybe consumers might not be able to accept that. As for the bodykit, fitting here should not be an issue, but there is always a possibility of color difference in the process. Given these 2 scenarios, I will want the factory to have them done instead of local retrofit. 

However though, I will gladly live with lower price for their options. They ARE NOT cheap at all!

Some of which I am sure can be fitted locally. For e.g, Autodim rear mirror, TPM, Parking Assistance etc.

Therefore, I opted for those that are really really reallyyyyyy necessary or are a must-have.

Hi mcs08, what solar film are you getting? Like you I have just paid up deposit for my ride but I opt out of the 3m classic solar film that they are giving which is so low grade.

• Praise 1

Hi mcs08, what solar film are you getting? Like you I have just paid up deposit for my ride but I opt out of the 3m classic solar film that they are giving which is so low grade.

Really?? Congrats 2u! Are you taking the diesel or petrol? When's the collection?

Solar film, I had actually forgotten all about it on that day. I had asked about it but the SE has yet gotten back to me on that.

Oh. I shall clarified. I eventually chose Audi A6 although I prefer the XE handling but I really need a bigger car boot. I think jaguar should come bundle with the solar film. Oh just a suggestion, do your pps as soon as your collect your ride.

Oh. I shall clarified. I eventually chose Audi A6 although I prefer the XE handling but I really need a bigger car boot. I think jaguar should come bundle with the solar film. Oh just a suggestion, do your pps as soon as your collect your ride.

I see, congrats just the same :)

Yes, I think all cars, conti or jap, should come with that as standard, given sg's weather. Cost for the films are really dirt cheap when they order in bulk. 

PPS wise, i'll be doing it as soon as I get the car. PPS for my current car was done with detailmania, probably going to tryout 9H for the Jag1 Jag.

I think I spotted a two or three Jag XEs in the last few days along this AMK stretch. Surprised!

Till date, I have only seen one! Bluefire, if not mistaken.

It's their management's car, as mentioned by the SE.

I'm actually glad I'm not opting for C&C. Not entirely becoz of the car Comparison but the 2 SE encountered... Simply not as professional as one will expect. Can PM me if interested in the details, but I will not be saying much of that here.

For me, heart and mind says yes to the XE...money, if with its own mind, will be saying NOooooooo. Lol!

I would throw in the 428i as a candidate as well.... if u dont mind a compact 4 door. I am considering this car for next ride.

Nice, you went for the 2.0L version? Enjoy your Audi! :)

I see, congrats just the same :)

Yes, I think all cars, conti or jap, should come with that as standard, given sg's weather. Cost for the films are really dirt cheap when they order in bulk.

PPS wise, i'll be doing it as soon as I get the car. PPS for my current car was done with detailmania, probably going to tryout 9H for the Jag1 Jag.

Till date, I have only seen one! Bluefire, if not mistaken.

It's their management's car, as mentioned by the SE.

Bro what rode did you eventually purchase or are you still deciding?
↡ Advertisement