Dilemma between the Jag XE, Merc CLA250SB & BMW 330i(F30)

mcs08

Bro what rode did you eventually purchase or are you still deciding?

Eventually, I went with a 237hp XE [:)] , which I think is just right for Singapore roads.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes, the additional trim option IS expensive. But I guess there is no other way around it?

Retrofitting leather to the seats will be easier, but to imagine having to remove the entire dash and to re-wrap after it has been fully installed in the UK? Maybe consumers might not be able to accept that. As for the bodykit, fitting here should not be an issue, but there is always a possibility of color difference in the process. Given these 2 scenarios, I will want the factory to have them done instead of local retrofit. 

However though, I will gladly live with lower price for their options. They ARE NOT cheap at all!

Some of which I am sure can be fitted locally. For e.g, Autodim rear mirror, TPM, Parking Assistance etc.

Therefore, I opted for those that are really really reallyyyyyy necessary or are a must-have.

Jag is known for the interior and the trimming .... there are people who will pay good money for the Jag just for the interior.

Local fit will not do. A Jag has to a Jag.

Congrats on your new ride.

Edited by Civic6228

Don't need to diemama, take Jag. I am driving an old Jag and I still get attention. This is something other cars cannot offer.

Talking about changing the leather seat locally , the SE from jag was very against it. According to her , it might void the air bag sensor. The unwrapping and wrapping may cause it to malfunction. And insurance may not cover ... I was exploring this when I wanted a tan brown Colour but they don't have it in both xe and xf prestige series. Only the portfolio series carry it.

Don't need to diemama, take Jag. I am driving an old Jag and I still get attention. This is something other cars cannot offer.

Ok. Point noted. Next car lol

Talking about changing the leather seat locally , the SE from jag was very against it. According to her , it might void the air bag sensor. The unwrapping and wrapping may cause it to malfunction. And insurance may not cover ... I was exploring this when I wanted a tan brown Colour but they don't have it in both xe and xf prestige series. Only the portfolio series carry it.

I just scrap my X type and bought another X type. Very happy with this car.

Why don't get the portfolio series? The premium is way higher?

Eventually, I went with a 237hp XE [:)] , which I think is just right for Singapore roads.

Wow, nice ride. Personally I prefer the XF interior as the centre console gives driver focus feel, while the XE centre console design gives and isolated feel for the driver. Hahaha.

Anyway enjoy your new ride. A Jaguar is always special.

go with your heart and gut feel.

personally i will choose the Jag - just on feel alone.

Merc and Bimmer.. too common. Jag feels classy.

My exact thots.

Closed eyes throw stone and easily hit a bimmer or merc.......its just too boring to own one.

• Praise 1

I just scrap my X type and bought another X type. Very happy with this car.

I feel you bro. Used to own a X type for 3 years. Very emotional when let it go.

• Praise 1

Why don't get the portfolio series? The premium is way higher?

Wearnes is not bringing in the portfolio series, only the prestige. R-Sports was added not too long ago.

Wearnes is not bringing in the portfolio series, only the prestige. R-Sports was added not too long ago.

They not willing to Indent for you? Edited by Lchong

Not sure, maybe she refering to R-sport. But it will cost another 35k or more.

I feel you bro. Used to own a X type for 3 years. Very emotional when let it go.

Do you have any problems with your X type? The first one I had and bought mileage was 214000km approx. and it has not much problem expect maybe the gearbox will not last another 3 years I guess. Overall, no problems except one time engine misfire. It's a good car in general. Quite surprise to see a Jaguar works like a workhorse.

Do you have any problems with your X type? The first one I had and bought mileage was 214000km approx. and it has not much problem expect maybe the gearbox will not last another 3 years I guess. Overall, no problems except one time engine misfire. It's a good car in general. Quite surprise to see a Jaguar works like a workhorse.

Mine was new at that time, and I cannot recall having any mechanical failures in that car. Light blue exterior, inside was very woody. Auto GB. I still remember all the lines and crease outside. Car was coarse by today standard, but no complaints then. Enjoyable drive. Great memories.

Turbocharged

Eventually, I went with a 237hp XE [:)] , which I think is just right for Singapore roads.

the 240ps EcoBoost? I can really say that this engine is bonkers for local driving conditions, I never actually have to use the entire pedal!

• Praise 2

I see, congrats just the same :)

Yes, I think all cars, conti or jap, should come with that as standard, given sg's weather. Cost for the films are really dirt cheap when they order in bulk. 

PPS wise, i'll be doing it as soon as I get the car. PPS for my current car was done with detailmania, probably going to tryout 9H for the Jag1 Jag.

Till date, I have only seen one! Bluefire, if not mistaken.

It's their management's car, as mentioned by the SE.

Sorry, what is PPS?  [confused]

They not willing to Indent for you?

No no, I'm getting them to indent the R-Sports for me. Available current model is the prestige.

For the RSports, it comes with bodykit, sports suspension and some interior upgrades.

the 240ps EcoBoost? I can really say that this engine is bonkers for local driving conditions, I never actually have to use the entire pedal!

Really?? hahahah! Looking forward to that!

How is the reliability of the engine?

Sorry, what is PPS?  [confused]

Paint Protection Sealant 

Turbocharged

Really?? hahahah! Looking forward to that!

How is the reliability of the engine?

Push it all the way and you will be shoved into your seat. The output isn't that far off from cars like the Evolution and WRX, after all. The torque, 345Nm, iirc.

The catch is the slight turbo lag versus newer gen turbo engines, it hits max torque at 2,300RPM rather than like 1,500RPM. And the fuel consumption too, but I gather that's not a concern for you.

Reliability wise, so far no problems, but it's not even hit the first servicing.

Edited by 7hm
↡ Advertisement