If i were the Minister for Transport....

Philipkee

I believe those rich people will pay if the traffic is smooth for them to drive. Lol.

How about those gantry that charge $0.50 or &1?

Does it affect your decision Not to use that stretch of road?

Personally i find these meant for collecting $$ with little help to manage traffic congestion. I feel the impact for those $3 or more gantry.

Just my opinion.

↡ Advertisement

You would be surprise that many car owners dont mind paying $50 ERP/toll charges if they can be ensure that traffic is smooth. I have a friend told me that he dont mind paying $50 going through woodland/tuas custom if traffic is super smooth after paying. Lol.

the most effective formula is charge $50 VEP on SG plate when coming back to singapore, immediate effect [laugh] [laugh]

How about those gantry that charge $0.50 or &1?

Does it affect your decision Not to use that stretch of road?

Personally i find these meant for collecting $$ with little help to manage traffic congestion. I feel the impact for those $3 or more gantry.

Just my opinion.

Honestly, if you have to drive and pay, you have to drive and pay. No choice.

Either you change your travelling habits (drive during non-ERP hours only), or LL suck thumb. Most people prefer the convenience so they LL suck thumb,

Honestly, if you have to drive and pay, you have to drive and pay. No choice.

Either you change your travelling habits (drive during non-ERP hours only), or LL suck thumb. Most people prefer the convenience so they LL suck thumb,

This is why the govt here can generate tons of profits from ERP charges, although this ERP doesnt solve the traffic congestion much. Lol.

• Praise 1

I always find ways to go around problem.  I solve my own problem.  I will not pay $50 for ERP charge juz like i will not pay $500 for Shenton Way Season Parking.

this is because you not that level yet. when 500$ is like 5$ to you ... why not... work harder.

this is because you not that level yet. when 500$ is like 5$ to you ... why not... work harder.

I could afford $500 season parking.

I refuse to pay $500 to park my car 8 hrs in office.

A car is a toy. 

My car is not for commuting.

I could afford $500 season parking.

I refuse to pay $500 to park my car 8 hrs in office.

A car is a toy.

My car is not for commuting.

don't mind if I ask u a simple question . if your 10cents drop into the drain will you risk and jump and pick. what if your 10million drop will u risk and jump. what is the degree of differences chances.face it unless your are really the special one.

don't mind if I ask u a simple question . if your 10cents drop into the drain will you risk and jump and pick. what if your 10million drop will u risk and jump. what is the degree of differences chances.face it unless your are really the special one.

10 million drop in a drain have to return 1.  Will take the risk to jump in & pick it up?

Call mata to take it.

Who cares about 10 cents in the drain.

To each his own ba. No need to insist ppl dont pay for office season because he cant afford it. There are many other reasons.

I live near cbd so it nv make sense to drive. Mrt is faster.

10 million drop in a drain have to return 1. Will take the risk to jump in & pick it up?

Call mata to take it.

Who cares about 10 cents in the drain.

precisely .. because 10cents is nothing to you so u don't care. if 500$ is nothing to those rich . they don't care too. u still care about your 500$

precisely .. because 10cents is nothing to you so u don't care. if 500$ is nothing to those rich . they don't care too. u still care about your 500$

I don't care about that $500.

Cycling to work is a lifestyle choice.

How many richie can make that lifestyle choice? :XD:

Twincharged

Would you wish for $50 per ERP charge if you are forced to drive to work bec need to send kids to school first? Just curious..

I think most people won't be forced to send kids to school early in the morning la. If they have to means they made a choice to send their kids to school. Parents can always choose a school near the house or pay for school bus. No one is forced to send their kids to school.

Feedback on Off-Peak Car Scheme

M

MOT (MOT) <[email protected]>

Mon 9/18/2017 11:20 AM

Junk Email

To:

To help protect your privacy, some content in this message has been blocked. To re-enable the blocked features, click here.

To always show content from this sender, click here.

Evernote

Message Classification: Confidential

Dear Mr Leong

We refer to your feedback dated 18 Sep 2017, which was submited via the MOT website.

We note your feedback on the Off-Peak Car Scheme, and have highlighted your suggestions to the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for their attention and reply to you.

Thank you.­

Yours sincerely

Gladys Pang (Ms)

For Quality Service Manager

Ministry of Transport

WARNING: "Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance thereon. Communication of any information in this email to any unauthorized person is an offence under the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if you receive this in error."

Sent: Monday, 18 September 2017 11:45 AM

To: MOT (MOT) <[email protected]>

Subject: Land Transport-MOT Feedback Form

Image removed by sender. Ministry of Transport

Image removed by sender.

Land Transport - MOT Feedback Form

MOT Feedback Form:

Name:

Philip leong

Email Address:

Contact Number:

Area of Concern:

Land Transport

Suggestion on OPC scheme.

Perhaps we can have a revision of OPC scheme. Offer same OPC rebates but instead of tying the driver to drive only at off peak hours or pay for an e ticket, perhaps offer the same rebates and benefits to drivers but they must fulfill a minimum criteria of getting 10 grab hitches a month.

Currently the OPC scheme does not help those who need to drive during peak hours to work and the take up rate is lower. Making it instead a mandatory at least 10 a month of grab hitch at least helps to reduce traffic congestion as one new grab hitch rider is one less person on MRT which is overloaded.

It is easy to audit this cos grab hitch is done online and random audits can be done do prevent abuse (drive family members only) with fines same as those who flout OPC rules. Earnings from grab hitch can be taxed.

The ministry does have to announce that grab hitching is not considered moonlighting though.

Another suggestion of mine. Let's see if anything comes out of it. I believe we used to have car pool lanes or something so maybe we can revive this.

Some might say if I fetch 10 friends a month I can meet the criteria,well that can't be helped as it's a loop hole but if you are taxed for your earnings, is it worth it? The rebates don't have to be 17k. I just pulled it out cos opc has that scheme

It can also be tweaked like 10 grab hitches during certain defined hours like peak hours and easily monitored since everything is online anyway.

Road tax need not be discounted. Can be considered. I was just using the current opc scheme as a basis for my idea. And a thousand grab hitches a day is a thousand less people vying for public transport places. Those willing to drive or take cab or user probably will not take grabbhitch anyway.

Edited by Philipkee

Feedback on Off-Peak Car Scheme

M

MOT (MOT) <[email protected]>

Mon 9/18/2017 11:20 AM

Junk Email

To:

To help protect your privacy, some content in this message has been blocked. To re-enable the blocked features, click here.

To always show content from this sender, click here.

Evernote

Message Classification: Confidential

Dear Mr Leong

We refer to your feedback dated 18 Sep 2017, which was submited via the MOT website.

We note your feedback on the Off-Peak Car Scheme, and have highlighted your suggestions to the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for their attention and reply to you.

Thank you.­

Yours sincerely

Gladys Pang (Ms)

For Quality Service Manager

Ministry of Transport

WARNING: "Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance thereon. Communication of any information in this email to any unauthorized person is an offence under the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if you receive this in error."

Sent: Monday, 18 September 2017 11:45 AM

To: MOT (MOT) <[email protected]>

Subject: Land Transport-MOT Feedback Form

Image removed by sender. Ministry of Transport

Image removed by sender.

Land Transport - MOT Feedback Form

MOT Feedback Form:

Name:

Philip leong

Email Address:

Contact Number:

Area of Concern:

Land Transport

Suggestion on OPC scheme.

Perhaps we can have a revision of OPC scheme. Offer same OPC rebates but instead of tying the driver to drive only at off peak hours or pay for an e ticket, perhaps offer the same rebates and benefits to drivers but they must fulfill a minimum criteria of getting 10 grab hitches a month.

Currently the OPC scheme does not help those who need to drive during peak hours to work and the take up rate is lower. Making it instead a mandatory at least 10 a month of grab hitch at least helps to reduce traffic congestion as one new grab hitch rider is one less person on MRT which is overloaded.

It is easy to audit this cos grab hitch is done online and random audits can be done do prevent abuse (drive family members only) with fines same as those who flout OPC rules. Earnings from grab hitch can be taxed.

The ministry does have to announce that grab hitching is not considered moonlighting though.

Another suggestion of mine. Let's see if anything comes out of it. I believe we used to have car pool lanes or something so maybe we can revive this.

Some might say if I fetch 10 friends a month I can meet the criteria,well that can't be helped as it's a loop hole but if you are taxed for your earnings, is it worth it? The rebates don't have to be 17k. I just pulled it out cos opc has that scheme

It can also be tweaked like 10 grab hitches during certain defined hours like peak hours and easily monitored since everything is online anyway.

Road tax need not be discounted. Can be considered. I was just using the current opc scheme as a basis for my idea. And a thousand grab hitches a day is a thousand less people vying for public transport places. Those willing to drive or take cab or user probably will not take grabbhitch anyway.

hi bro, any response from LTA on your query? 

↡ Advertisement