O level results coming out soon!

Mason016

its his choice to make just as how he chose ngee ann sec then. I seldom interfere with his decision.

wondering is temasek or meridian. I guess for environment factor, meridian would be better.

Agree with Lala, choose in this sequence

VJ, TJC, Meridian

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

yah, he sure deserves one!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Knn if my kids get 7 points, I think they will ask for the sky. [laugh][laugh]

my kids will ask before the exam [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Agree with Lala, choose in this sequence

VJ, TJC, Meridian

TJC, VJC, Meridian. Cos I'm a biased TJ alumnus. [laugh]

VJ was my dad's school. Haha teenage angst. [laugh]

Qualified for RJ, didn't choose cos too far. [laugh]

Errr.... Heard from my wife, our niece got 3 only, ...possible meh?... I will ask for more detail when I meet Up with her.... Her twin sister got 7..[thumbsup]

TJC, VJC, Meridian. Cos I'm a biased TJ alumnus. [laugh]

VJ was my dad's school. Haha teenage angst. [laugh]

Qualified for RJ, didn't choose cos too far. [laugh]

U also elite!!! [thumbsup]

Errr.... Heard from my wife, our niece got 3 only, ...possible meh?... I will ask for more detail when I meet Up with her.... Her twin sister got 7..[thumbsup]

CCA-2, Higher mother tongue -2 & affiliated -2.

maximum can -4

Think my son' was 6-7k a year.....excluding transport and makan allowance. No uniform, must buy laptop (complusary) and many assignments to do....rarely comeback by 7pm......always after 9 due to class and lectures! Its like working whole day + overtime. Only breakfast at home.....lunch, dinner in school. Rough estimate for these are about $10-15 a day. That was about 5 years back.

Poly also got bus pass or MRT pass. When I was in Poly, bought the bus stamp monthly, it was $50 per month then for Aircon bus. Non-aircon is cheaper, must pay 20cents more if want to take aircon bus.

My mum only gave me $5 per day to settle own lunch and dinner. The rest of the allowances, I need to work part time. We were not rich and got my twin brother, so expenses more. Everything is x2. The only extra money my mum gave was before CNY to buy new clothes.

Ya, in poly, school starts at 8am and end at 6pm. If got project work to discuss, stay till 7 or 8pm. But in between lessons lots of free time. Like 8am to 10am, one lecture. Then the next one will be at 1pm. So my classmates will go arcade lah, play pool lah, Orchard lah or kick football. I love my poly life and thatz where I made frens for life. The whole group of us still in contact and meet up once or twice a year. A few of them are in the same industry as me and we contact each other for enquires.

Poly also got bus pass or MRT pass. When I was in Poly, bought the bus stamp monthly, it was $50 per month then for Aircon bus. Non-aircon is cheaper, must pay 20cents more if want to take aircon bus.

My mum only gave me $5 per day to settle own lunch and dinner. The rest of the allowances, I need to work part time. We were not rich and got my twin brother, so expenses more. Everything is x2. The only extra money my mum gave was before CNY to buy new clothes.

Ya, in poly, school starts at 8am and end at 6pm. If got project work to discuss, stay till 7 or 8pm. But in between lessons lots of free time. Like 8am to 10am, one lecture. Then the next one will be at 1pm. So my classmates will go arcade lah, play pool lah, Orchard lah or kick football. I love my poly life and thatz where I made frens for life. The whole group of us still in contact and meet up once or twice a year. A few of them are in the same industry as me and we contact each other for enquires.

i gave my son 100 for transport.....wdlands to Ngee Ann must take mrt then change bus at clementi. Sometime he would take bus to bukit timah and walk to campus to save money......never ask him how much the actual cost for transport but told him if his transport allowance not enough that will be his problem.

i gave my son 100 for transport.....wdlands to Ngee Ann must take mrt then change bus at clementi. Sometime he would take bus to bukit timah and walk to campus to save money......never ask him how much the actual cost for transport but told him if his transport allowance not enough that will be his problem.

post-1109-0-61256500-1484183812_thumb.png

Possible.  maybe she got 7 points.  7 minus higher chinese 2 points and minus CCA 2 points.  So 7-4=3

called son and was told he got 7 L1R5.

definitely he has less of my genes.

since we stay in the east, i believe Meridian is the better choice for him. 

Any suggestion?

Many people I know of went to Meridian.  My neighbour got 8points went Meridian too.  She didn't managed to get into NUS/NUH so no choice to SMU instead.  So I wonder is Meridian good? 

called son and was told he got 7 L1R5.

definitely he has less of my genes.

since we stay in the east, i believe Meridian is the better choice for him. 

Any suggestion?

Congrats!  Your son did very well!  

• Praise 1

can lah. 6 points then minus 2 point for CCA, and 2 points for higher language lor. Quite normal lah.

Possible.  maybe she got 7 points.  7 minus higher chinese 2 points and minus CCA 2 points.  So 7-4=3

Many people I know of went to Meridian.  My neighbour got 8points went Meridian too.  She didn't managed to get into NUS/NUH so no choice to SMU instead.  So I wonder is Meridian good? 

based on the cut off points, its the best of all the newish JCs or even SAJC etc.

3 points is more or less the maximum for Science classes in the top 2 JCs. 

8 points with deductions cannot study science liao.

http://mothership.sg/2016/01/here-are-the-junior-college-cut-off-points-entry-scores-for-2016/

Meridian's nick name is Muggerian JC. [laugh]

can lah. 6 points then minus 2 point for CCA, and 2 points for higher language lor. Quite normal lah.

based on the cut off points, its the best of all the newish JCs or even SAJC etc.

you making me feels that my family is abnormal sia....
↡ Advertisement