• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 8 praises

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

lancer6238
  • lancer6238
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm looking for ways to keep the car from being too hot when parked under the hot sun all day.

Anyone using retractable windshield sunshade covers, like this one? Do you just have the shade pulled back over (behind) the front car cam, or under it (but leaving a small portion of the windshield uncovered)? I'm worried about possibly overheating the camera if the cover is pulled over the camera.

dcb praised this

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:34 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm looking for ways to keep the car from being too hot when parked under the hot sun all day.

Anyone using retractable windshield sunshade covers, like this one? Do you just have the shade pulled back over (behind) the front car cam, or under it (but leaving a small portion of the windshield uncovered)? I'm worried about possibly overheating the camera if the cover is pulled over the camera.

If you're parking under the hot sun all day, it's impossible. Whatever you use will only end up being used to block the sun rays off your interior and hopefully prevent discolouration. The car will always be hot when you get into it.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:40 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Use a silver car cover, can use a shield against air strikes also. [thumbsup]

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This thingy used to be very popular in 90's where u use the suckers to stick to the glass - after some time you just get fed up pulling it up and down - very lecheh and the rubber suckers also come off and for Windows it jams when opening and closing too

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:15 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

First this type not good often come off by itself especially kena heat then cannot stick

2nd the bigger the shade worse cannot stick

3rd it cannot reduce heat only reduce sunlight entering the car.

So its best to upgrade ur window film, put car cover, leave window abit open to let heat out and best solution find parking under tree
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:25 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Am using this, cheap and good. i just lay it flat on the dashboard and not use the suction cups provided.

$(KGrHqF,!l8E8VlSE4cTBPeH,BTIg!~~60_35.J

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

lancer6238
  • lancer6238
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks for all the comments.

I also wonder if the suction cups will be able to hold under the sun. I saw a similar retractable sun shade at a petrol station and the suction cups don't seem to be of great quality [laugh]

Reason I thought retractable is good is because I thought it's more convenient to pull up and put away than the bulkier, portable ones, especially when I have to use it a couple of times everyday. Plus, I can remove it completely since suction cups are not permanently stuck on my car.

I do have v-kool on my windshield given by my PI, but I don't think it's of a high quality... The car is still steaming hot just under 4 hours of morning sun.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I know what you mean. Just teared away the FOC Rike oil film and replaced with a better film from Infratint. Now enjoying the ride in the hot noon.

I do have v-kool on my windshield given by my PI, but I don't think it's of a high quality... The car is still steaming hot just under 4 hours of morning sun.

Edited by dcb, 09 January 2016 - 11:48 PM.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

Elessar
  • Premium member
    Elessar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Under the hot sun for 4 hours, even top grade V-kool or 3M solar fims with the best heat rejection cannot prevent your car interior from becoming a sauna.

dcb praised this

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:53 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also wonder if the suction cups will be able to hold under the sun. I saw a similar retractable sun shade at a petrol station and the suction cups don't seem to be of great quality [laugh]

Reason I thought retractable is good is because I thought it's more convenient to pull up and put away than the bulkier, portable ones, especially when I have to use it a couple of times everyday. Plus, I can remove it completely since suction cups are not permanently stuck on my car.

Its because ur car body nvr install quality solar film lol
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Under the hot sun for 4 hours, even top grade V-kool or 3M solar fims with the best heat rejection cannot prevent your car interior from becoming a sauna.

need this http://www.ebay.com/...able-car-garage

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:02 AM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

personal-car-parasol.jpeg

umbrella_over_car-vi1_zpsaf9352e5.jpg

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

lancer6238
  • lancer6238
    Clutched
    Author Image

I know what you mean. Just teared away the FOC Rike oil film and replaced with a better film from Infratint. Now enjoying the ride in the hot noon.

Just got my car, so I'm thinking maybe I'll replace my current FOC solar film after a while. In fact, I'm already starting to see tiny bubbles on my windscreen...

LOL, not a bad idea [:p]

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is useful only if you wish to protect the dashboard against direct sunlight.

After an hour or 2 under direct sun, the cabin will feel the heat even with this sunshade cover.

The sun shines on the entire car, not just the windscreens only.

Wind down the windows and let car ventilate before switching on aircon.

Edited by Blueray, 11 January 2016 - 01:32 AM.

Sunny praised this
focus

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just do it

Just got my car, so I'm thinking maybe I'll replace my current FOC solar film after a while. In fact, I'm already starting to see tiny bubbles on my windscreen...

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just use the simple foldable one. Yes, doesn't help in cooling the car but confirm helps to protect your dashboard and keeping the steering wheel cool to touch after whole day. also helps to protect front leather seats too.......

Wind down the windows and let car ventilate before switching on aircon.

a simple method I saw in youtube is to open and close the door (widely) 5 times. Helps quite a bit imo

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Plat 99?

dcb praised this

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Platinum series. The 99 one out of my budget.

Plat 99?

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

SunshadeMinistry
  • SunshadeMinistry
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I use the below:

https://sg.carousell...ref_sId=9505720

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Mostlydrive
  • Premium member
    Mostlydrive
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Last time when I drive dark black car and park in open sunlight from morning to evening, best was to delay starting my engine and open all doors (including windows) for 2-3 mins then start driving off with window with 1 inch gap for next 5-10 mins.

I also had original v-cool and big shiny shade for windscreen but its just the air is hot.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Infratint Automotive Film Pte Ltd

Infratint Automotive Film Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ladder-ane  |  Neutral Newbie

Done up the window films with Infratint. There are few packages with different IRR and specs. Opt the one proposed and installation was done within few hours.

No bubbles spotted after few days. However, I do follow strictly to their advice on how winding down of windows for 1 day.

Experience cooler and less hot when driving. Overall happy with my... » Read More

DS Specialty Services - 3M™ Solar Film

DS Specialty Services - 3M™ Solar Film  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Bigmeman  |  Neutral Newbie

Very clear explaination before starting work. Careful in installation and can see they know their stuff.

Will come back again if i have a new car in the future.

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, windshield, sunshade and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users