Any enclose Subwoofer to intro?

Dscheng

Hi all,

Any compact and good subwoofer to intro? Current setup is helix front and back speaker with Rainbow beat amp. 

The current sound is very good, but somehow rather lack of bass and bom bom feeling.

↡ Advertisement

Just curious will you get another amp to drive your subwoofer?

Probably not? My beat 4 should be enough? I am not hardcore audio person.

Saw my frd setup not bad, focal speaker, one amp and one small pioneer sub install front passenger below the glovebox.

Neutral Newbie

Ur current amp is 4 channel? U will have used up all available channel for ur 2X front and 2X rear speakers.

Unless u r are using ur HU to drive ur rear speakers? 

U will need another amp to drive ur subwoofer...

Probably not? My beat 4 should be enough? I am not hardcore audio person.

Saw my frd setup not bad, focal speaker, one amp and one small pioneer sub install front passenger below the glovebox.

(edited)

Ur current amp is 4 channel? U will have used up all available channel for ur 2X front and 2X rear speakers.

Unless u r are using ur HU to drive ur rear speakers? 

U will need another amp to drive ur subwoofer...

Oh thank you. My HU is Kenwood DNX5350BT, will it sufficient for a sub? Dont wish to spend $$ on another amp again. 

Erm wait, i saw some active sub come with in built amp. Anyone using Pioneer TX series?

Edited by Dscheng

Neutral Newbie

Dun think u can run a proper sub without an additional amp.

However, active sup will be a different story, it just require another pair of RCA to connect them (HU & Active sub)

But the low frequency produce will be very different.

Try talking to you installer if this is possible:

Drive ur 2X front speaker via ur amp (1 channel + 1 channel)

Drive ur rear woofer via ur amp (bridged 2 channel)

Drive ur 2X rear speaker directly from ur HU output

I might be wrong, do talk to ur installer.... 

Oh thank you. My HU is Kenwood DNX5350BT, will it sufficient for a sub? Dont wish to spend $$ on another amp again. 

Erm wait, i saw some active sub come with in built amp. Anyone using Pioneer TX series?

active sub dont buy I use it (Pioneer active sub) when I first start upgrade my sound system was also having the same thinking like you don't spend too much.

Edited by Tonydeath

However, active sup will be a different story, it just require another pair of RCA to connect them (HU & Active sub)

I think you are right. I am using my 4 channel amp to drive my two front speakers and subwoofer and believe the HU can be used to drive the rear speakers.

ps I dun use my stock rear speakers as I prefer the music to be at the front.

wow I think your idea is better. Initially I want to connect the active sub into my HU. Coming to think of it, sound system for car is driver oriented. Rear speaker not so important.

wow I think your idea is better. Initially I want to connect the active sub into my HU. Coming to think of it, sound system for car is driver oriented. Rear speaker not so important.

The recommended setup is good as the rear speakers are not so important to drivers since they are at the back.

For subwoofer, i use a 12" speaker and box setup (make sure the minimum volume is met). You have to decide whether to use sealed or ported (google for the difference) - SPL or deep bass?

My amps have been with me for more than 10 years and are still doing well. So, i suggest investing in a good sub amp for the future - they will last a very long time

If you like loud thumping bass, you'll need an additional amp and a subwoofer with enclosure in your trunk. Done that in my younger days.

If you don't want additional amps, need the boot space and just want add some bass to the music, an underseat active sub will do. 

Agree on the low frequency part.

After i upgraded my woofer to one that produces a even lower frequency...it brought my enjoyment to another level.

(edited)

Guys, i added Pioneer sub TX120. It is up to my expectation. Thumb up for Ah meng the freelance installer. !!

My I.C.E previously done by reputable installer (A***Ima**), When ah meng do tuning, he discover my right side tweeter is not working. He open up my door panel and saw the wire was connected wrongly ! OMG.

After he connected it back, it was heaven to my ear !!  Really good service and price from Ah meng ! Strongly recommended !

Edited by Dscheng