• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Any compact and good subwoofer to intro? Current setup is helix front and back speaker with Rainbow beat amp. 

The current sound is very good, but somehow rather lack of bass and bom bom feeling.

** Riding passion

Car
2007-Civic EG, 2009-Lancer EX, 2012-JDM WRX,
2012-Civic FD, 2014-Lancer CS3M, 2015- RN6-Z,
2018 - GB7.

Bike
2000 - Hornet 125R, 2002 - CBR400R-L, 2007- Super 4 Spec II
2018 - Finally, i am back in riding, ZX10R.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just curious will you get another amp to drive your subwoofer?

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just curious will you get another amp to drive your subwoofer?

Probably not? My beat 4 should be enough? I am not hardcore audio person.

Saw my frd setup not bad, focal speaker, one amp and one small pioneer sub install front passenger below the glovebox.

** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i used to use soundstream subwoofer....12"

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:34 AM

Tyrrou
  • Premium member
    Tyrrou
    Clutched
    Author Image

Ur current amp is 4 channel? U will have used up all available channel for ur 2X front and 2X rear speakers.

Unless u r are using ur HU to drive ur rear speakers? 

U will need another amp to drive ur subwoofer...

Probably not? My beat 4 should be enough? I am not hardcore audio person.

Saw my frd setup not bad, focal speaker, one amp and one small pioneer sub install front passenger below the glovebox.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ur current amp is 4 channel? U will have used up all available channel for ur 2X front and 2X rear speakers.

Unless u r are using ur HU to drive ur rear speakers? 

U will need another amp to drive ur subwoofer...

Oh thank you. My HU is Kenwood DNX5350BT, will it sufficient for a sub? Dont wish to spend $$ on another amp again. 

Erm wait, i saw some active sub come with in built amp. Anyone using Pioneer TX series?

Edited by Dscheng, 13 January 2016 - 09:30 AM.

** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:44 AM

Tyrrou
  • Premium member
    Tyrrou
    Clutched
    Author Image

Dun think u can run a proper sub without an additional amp.

However, active sup will be a different story, it just require another pair of RCA to connect them (HU & Active sub)

But the low frequency produce will be very different.

Try talking to you installer if this is possible:

Drive ur 2X front speaker via ur amp (1 channel + 1 channel)

Drive ur rear woofer via ur amp (bridged 2 channel)

Drive ur 2X rear speaker directly from ur HU output

I might be wrong, do talk to ur installer.... 

Oh thank you. My HU is Kenwood DNX5350BT, will it sufficient for a sub? Dont wish to spend $$ on another amp again. 

Erm wait, i saw some active sub come with in built amp. Anyone using Pioneer TX series?

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:14 AM

Tonydeath
  • Premium member
    Tonydeath
    4th Gear
    Author Image

active sub dont buy I use it (Pioneer active sub) when I first start upgrade my sound system was also having the same thinking like you don't spend too much.

Edited by Tonydeath, 13 January 2016 - 10:15 AM.

Isymi Pte Ltd
183 Jalan pelikat #01-12
The Promenade@Pelikat
S 543647

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

However, active sup will be a different story, it just require another pair of RCA to connect them (HU & Active sub)

I think you are right. I am using my 4 channel amp to drive my two front speakers and subwoofer and believe the HU can be used to drive the rear speakers.

ps I dun use my stock rear speakers as I prefer the music to be at the front.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone try installer at sim lim tower level 1 near the car park there?
** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wow I think your idea is better. Initially I want to connect the active sub into my HU. Coming to think of it, sound system for car is driver oriented. Rear speaker not so important.
** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

Simplecar
  • Premium member
    Simplecar
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wow I think your idea is better. Initially I want to connect the active sub into my HU. Coming to think of it, sound system for car is driver oriented. Rear speaker not so important.

The recommended setup is good as the rear speakers are not so important to drivers since they are at the back.

For subwoofer, i use a 12" speaker and box setup (make sure the minimum volume is met). You have to decide whether to use sealed or ported (google for the difference) - SPL or deep bass?

My amps have been with me for more than 10 years and are still doing well. So, i suggest investing in a good sub amp for the future - they will last a very long time

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

lausai88
  • Premium member
    lausai88
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

here is my subwoofer  :D

my ex gf always complain car too noisy :TT_TT:  

IMG_0690.JPG

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone try installer at sim lim tower level 1 near the car park there?

Anyone try before???

** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Raychay
  • Premium member
    Raychay
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you like loud thumping bass, you'll need an additional amp and a subwoofer with enclosure in your trunk. Done that in my younger days.

If you don't want additional amps, need the boot space and just want add some bass to the music, an underseat active sub will do. 

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

Jiex
  • Premium member
    Jiex
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Agree on the low frequency part.

After i upgraded my woofer to one that produces a even lower frequency...it brought my enjoyment to another level.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Guys, i added Pioneer sub TX120. It is up to my expectation. Thumb up for Ah meng the freelance installer. !!

My I.C.E previously done by reputable installer (A***Ima**), When ah meng do tuning, he discover my right side tweeter is not working. He open up my door panel and saw the wire was connected wrongly ! OMG.

After he connected it back, it was heaven to my ear !!  Really good service and price from Ah meng ! Strongly recommended !

Edited by Dscheng, 01 February 2016 - 10:15 PM.

** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

Peqasus
  • Premium member
    Peqasus
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Using a tx120 as well. Small and boomy 👍

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Using a tx120 as well. Small and boomy 👍

Let it run in a bit more. The sound will be better ! How do you connect? Connect to external Amp or straight into HU?

Tx120 is a small sub, i dont see the need of additional amp.

Edited by Dscheng, 12 February 2016 - 05:29 PM.

** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I hv a used box 12" woofer sound stream with metal black spike cover, n mono block amp to let go. Keen pm me. Also another used 4ch amp to let go cheap.. to drive tweeters n front speakers
FourZero, Weez911, Pinobii and Spring praised this

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Pioneer TS-WX120A

Pioneer TS-WX120A  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by EagleSG  |  Clutched

Provide much needed bass with small size

This active subwoofer provides the much needed bass to my music. It is concealed under the passenger seat perfectly, hardly noticeable. Provides a lot of bass for its small size. Sufficient bass for me as I do not really listen to rock music.... » Read More

Audison APBX 10 DS

Audison APBX 10 DS  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Acegem84  |  1st Gear

Small in size but packed with a punch!

Bought this recently and traded in my big old bulky woofer (Hertz HX 300D) due to boot space constrant. The performance is just as good as having my HX 300D but way smaller in size while im able to load in my baby pram!

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Woofer

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: subwoofer , ice , sound , enclose , intro , woofer

Tags: subwoofer, ice, sound, enclose and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users