MCST AGM - Agenda Sequence?

Yoongf

Have been asking the MA to replace a fire-rated door at the common area as it is rotten. But despite numerous reminders to him and even going to the annual meeting, door still not changed.

What else can I do? Report to BCA?

Thanks.

then prepared to get a fine from SCDF as they will likely check other areas to make sure the estate complies with fire safety. in the end the fine will come from your MCST funds and ultimately its your money lor. your management council bo chap?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Have been asking the MA to replace a fire-rated door at the common area as it is rotten. But despite numerous reminders to him and even going to the annual meeting, door still not changed.

Thanks.

you part of the MCST? 

you guys are the paymaster of the MA... withhold funds till issue rectified lor...  

you part of the MCST? 

you guys are the paymaster of the MA... withhold funds till issue rectified lor...  

"even going to the annual meeting"

Think he isn't part of the MC la.

you part of the MCST? 

Nope I am not. I don't want to be also...haha.

Just want the door to be change that's why I go.  [laugh]

Aiyoh, live in a condo so mah fan ?

Mai lah mai lah

Thanks.

Have you escalated to the MA boss? Surprise usally such things my MA do very fast, suggest you contact the boss and just hunt you will look to have a more responsive MA if no action

The decision to replace lies with the council. If item is not on the approved budget, the MA also cant act on it.

Report to authorities.. confirm end up more $$ spent by the mcst as authorities will demand that a registered inspector be appointed to carry out the inspection. U guys must love paying consultant fees.

Edited by Yoongf

The decision to replace lies with the council. If item is not on the approved budget, the MA also cant act on it.

Report to authorities.. confirm end up more $$ spent by the mcst as authorities will demand that a registered inspector be appointed to carry out the inspection. U guys must love paying consultant fees.

I think there are some things which the MC and MA has to act upon whether or not there is a budget allocated (assuming the account has money la).

Safety is one of them.

That is not true, the approved budget is usually not so granular but there are certain types of expenditure which requires approval by SPs during an AGM or EOGM.

Replacing a rotten door, the council may decide no need general meeting lah.

Thanks.

Can share which MA ...... so chialat?

The approved budget i was refering to is between the MC and the MA. Typically, changing a blown bulb .. the MA does not need to seek MC approval, but non recurring high cost items like a fire door typically requires a MC decision.

The point i am trying to make.. usually is the MC who is dragging their feet, not the MA.

Should no need leh my mcst recent replaced a termite eaten utility door without me even raising to them

Much depend on the SOP, Spending Matrix and empowerment given to the MA.

In most cases, such expenses are within spending limit and authority of MA. However, do come across some cases where Council intervene and stop the work on pretext of cost saving, does not warrant a replacement yet or even some cases request 4/5 quotes...

However, there are also some MAs who really sit on things.

Suggust you engage with the HQ or Management Team of the MA.