• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic | 235 praises

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Guys, noticed farmed salmon and deep sea tuna have been getting a lot of bad press.

Farmed Salmon = carcinogenic chemicals ladened

Deep Sea Tuna = high mercury content

Any experts here who can advise on the risks of these food and if the popular variety sold locally falls into these categories?

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Hi Guys, noticed farmed salmon and deep sea tuna have been getting a lot of bad press.

Any experts here who can advise on the risks of these food and if the popular variety sold locally falls into these categories?

everyday eat the same dish for 6 months you will be sick, eat for a year you will be dead anyway.

I had salmon almost every other day for almost a year (20 years ago), since then till now, I see salmon I feel like vomiting.
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

everyday eat the same dish for 6 months you will be sick, eat for a year you will be dead anyway.

I had salmon almost every other day for almost a year (20 years ago), since then till now, I see salmon I feel like vomiting.

Salmon overdose [:p]
RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

Kyrios
  • Kyrios
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I like the canned tuna that one can buy from NTUC and other supermarkets..

Only the raw versions have the bacteria poisoning right?

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

pls dont let ur wife see this post  [sly]  :a-whiteflag:

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

eat small fish, safest. Like kang heer kia. 

Edited by Kangadrool, 13 January 2016 - 07:51 PM.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

nuttyprofessor

Salmon in brine is nice.....but too sinful. 

You eat tuna presumably from a can?

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

U got budget.

I only can afford batang.
FS

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:13 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So it means i cant buy salmon fish from supermarket to cook liao? And i cant buy tuna bread to eat also?

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:13 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

eat small fish, safest. Like kang heer kia.

Silverfish is nice too.
FS

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:15 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U got budget.

Batang is high on mercury

Silverfish is nice too.

Nice but quite expensive

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anything is better than fukushima seafood.
Uncle2, Mustank and Beregond praised this
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Doctor will say eat everything in moderation. Haha...

I dunno lah but it seems like most of such claims are coming out of "American scientific studies/research". Question is that since it's toxic why didn't the fish die first? Are the fishes immune to such contamination but not humans?

I'm sure if eaten raw the risks will be higher. How about cooked fish? There are a lot of claims but which are the ones that are true and not scaring ppl? What about the other species of fishes that shares the same environment? Why only these 2 species that are more prone to such contamination?

It seems like the American researchers are the only experts. And the Japanese are eating fishes like crazy. Why aren't they dying of contamination already?

Edited by Watwheels, 13 January 2016 - 09:22 PM.

Too much to think about...

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

U got budget.

all i can say is occupation hazard [laugh]
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    6th Gear
    Author Image

SURPRISE! You're Eating Fukushima Radiation; Bloody Cancerous Tumors in Fish & Seafood
https://www.supersta...x.php/world/493

Edited by Kklim, 13 January 2016 - 09:36 PM.

keanie and Mustank praised this

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SURPRISE! You're Eating Fukushima Radiation; Bloody Cancerous Tumors in Fish & Seafood

Scary!
Mercs and Beregond praised this

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

keanie
  • keanie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U got budget.

U will be surprised, batang not cheap leh. Few days ago, I bought 3 slices for $12. It my favourite for fish porridge or soup.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

keanie
  • keanie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Talking about Fuku Radiation, braddy hell, our AVA yesterday reported yesterday whether to ease restriction on food import from Fuku. They should not base on hearsay, should go Fuku N see for themselves. Sekali, Sporean next gen will produce ninja mutant.

AVA reviewing curbs on food imports from Fukushima
http://www.straitsti...ima?xtor=CS3-20
Angcheek praised this

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:08 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Talking about Fuku Radiation, braddy hell, our AVA yesterday reported yesterday whether to ease restriction on food import from Fuku. They should not base on hearsay, should go Fuku N see for themselves. Sekali, Sporean next gen will produce ninja mutant.

AVA reviewing curbs on food imports from Fukushima
http://www.straitsti...ima?xtor=CS3-20

Hope ava stick to the ban
keanie and Mercs praised this

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Heng ah...I can only afford kuning.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: salmon, health, tuna, danger and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users