Danger of eating 1 meal of Salmon/Tuna a day?

Sturtles

Talking about Fuku Radiation, braddy hell, our AVA yesterday reported yesterday whether to ease restriction on food import from Fuku. They should not base on hearsay, should go Fuku N see for themselves. Sekali, Sporean next gen will produce ninja mutant.

AVA reviewing curbs on food imports from Fukushima

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ava-reviewing-curbs-on-food-imports-from-fukushima?xtor=CS3-20

Hope ava stick to the ban

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Batang is high on mercury

Nice but quite expensive

Alamak. Then what fish to eat? Although I dont eat as often.

Silverfish slight pricier but I dont eat as much n half the time used for soup.

U will be surprised, batang not cheap leh. Few days ago, I bought 3 slices for $12. It my favourite for fish porridge or soup.

Yes, recently ntuc inc price by about $3 per kg. Rubbish inflation or is it becos near cny?

Hi Guys, noticed farmed salmon and deep sea tuna have been getting a lot of bad press.

Farmed Salmon = carcinogenic chemicals ladened

Deep Sea Tuna = high mercury content

Any experts here who can advise on the risks of these food and if the popular variety sold locally falls into these categories?

Whatever you eat, you will die one day anyway ... so just eat happily and in moderation ...  :a-happy:

Even if you are health conscious, exercise, eat carefully by avoiding such food but shit still happens if your time is up..  [wave]

• Praise 1

Alamak. Then what fish to eat? Although I dont eat as often.

Silverfish slight pricier but I dont eat as much n half the time used for soup.

Yes, recently ntuc inc price by about $3 per kg. Rubbish inflation or is it becos near cny?

Keke, can eat la, everything in moderation ok de

smaller fishes have lesser mercury

• Praise 1

Keke, can eat la, everything in moderation ok de

smaller fishes have lesser mercury

Bro, tough choice - almost every food polluted; polluted waters, soil n even diseased animals.

Organic may b the way to go but price easily double or more.

I like pomfret especially steamed.

talking about pomfret....I find that nowadays  fish bought from NTUC has a strange taste unlike those I remembered from the wet markets ages ago. those wet market kind after steaming so tasty. some say nowadays most of the catch are no longer from the sea mostly from commercialized kelongs and they feed the fish commercialized fish feed and whatever leftovers they can get from those bakery hence the meat quality  is affected.

talking about pomfret....I find that nowadays  fish bought from NTUC has a strange taste unlike those I remembered from the wet markets ages ago. those wet market kind after steaming so tasty. some say nowadays most of the catch are no longer from the sea mostly from commercialized kelongs and they feed the fish commercialized fish feed and whatever leftovers they can get from those bakery hence the meat quality  is affected.

overfishing is a big issue. Many fishes in SEA are under threat from overfishing and it's inevitable that their populations will be decimated.

We'll never get as big and tasty fish as like the previous generation already. 

Just enjoy it while you can.

I never knew got fish farm pomfret. thought usually is seabass and some of the groupers.

Doctor will say eat everything in moderation. Haha...  AGREE

I dunno lah but it seems like most of such claims are coming out of "American scientific studies/research". Question is that since it's toxic why didn't the fish die first? Are the fishes immune to such contamination but not humans?

Don't worry, in the near future another scientific study sponsored by the salmon and tuna industry will be published stating that eating salmon and tuna twice a day every day will increase lifespan and improve health.

Same.

I only like to eat grouper, esp red grouper.

IMG_8347.JPG

How did the top fit on that steamer.

And how do the vege on top look so fresh after steaming?

↡ Advertisement