Danger of eating 1 meal of Salmon/Tuna a day?

Sturtles

jit kilo, cao cao gor chup kor leh [dizzy][dizzy]

one kili, smelly smelly $50 leh [dizzy]:o

Gor chup kor don't buy lor. Skip and buy other fish instead. That's how It work for me coz it's not everytime at this price. I will go and buy red grouper or pomfret. Very good for steaming or for porridge for my kids.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just don't eat the same thing every day..... including ginseng, bird nest and other "po" items.  No matter how good they claim to be for you.

Except kopi. :D

Edited by Volvobrick

ngoh her? haha its more expensive than the other fishes.

Suitable for babies.

But actually DHA content is not high.

Ginger, sesame oil and soya sauce steam.

Fry is nice, but sometimes become even oilier lol.

When frying just put a bit of oil good enough Liao.

When frying just put a bit of oil good enough Liao.

my wok just finished conditioning recently, can try fish liao.

Edited by Lala81

Gor chup kor don't buy lor. Skip and buy other fish instead. That's how It work for me coz it's not everytime at this price. I will go and buy red grouper or pomfret. Very good for steaming or for porridge for my kids.

Red grouper and white pomfret price increase liao and currently lack of supply due to monsoon season at South China Sea according to yesterday Ch8 News.

Everyone wana eat red grouper for CNY cos of lucky colour. My FIL managed to buy one last year for me to eat, cost $50/kg. [shocked] I very paiseh. :lll._.:

Red grouper and white pomfret price increase liao and currently lack of supply due to monsoon season at South China Sea according to yesterday Ch8 News.

Everyone wana eat red grouper for CNY cos of lucky colour. My FIL managed to buy one last year for me to eat, cost $50/kg. [shocked] I very paiseh. :lll._.:

No choice, want to eat have to spend. If not have to pick and choose coz the prices of fish do fluctuate due to season and occasions like CNY.

woah! very ex

i havent eat red grouper for cny before, it's always pomfret or rabbitfish

Another fish I do buy, other than batang, is silver leather jacket fish. It is affordable and easy to cook and consume.

nice fish, i like it with salted soya beans and ginger, very yummy

jit kilo, cao cao gor chup kor leh [dizzy]  [dizzy]

one kili, smelly smelly $50 leh [dizzy]  :o

keke...i seldom buy cod fish

apparently cod fish got a cheaper type, like chiong version

We learn from one another ... So when you want to pass me some secret recipe of yours ...

keke...i got no secret recipes leh...

u got more secret recipes we want lor...when can try ur pineapple tarts...this is one snack i cannot resist, especially home made ones with home make pineapple fillings, very good stuff, yum yum

• Praise 1

yes closer to CNY prices go up unless u got lobang. u want fish PM me i can recommend someone heh

yes closer to CNY prices go up unless u got lobang. u want fish PM me i can recommend someone heh

The fishes I buy are always alive and swimming............................. for my aquarium.

The fishes my wife buys are always dead................................. for my tummy.

What kind of fishes you selling? [laugh]

what kinda fishes are available?

• Praise 1

The fishes I buy are always alive and swimming............................. for my aquarium.

The fishes my wife buys are always dead................................. for my tummy.

What kind of fishes you selling? [laugh]

post-48246-0-32052500-1452844562_thumb.jpg

[laugh]

This is very close to the HK Style Steam Fish method ...

If you are not good with sauces you can buy bottled premix to be on the safe side ...

Few things to remember ...

1. For Grouper, use 2 Chopsticks to support the fish when Steaming so it does not stick to the base ...

2. Pour away the water after steaming the fish ...

3. Heat up the sauce separately till boil ... Then pour on to fish ...

4. Heat up oil till hot ... Then pour on to fish ... This is why restaurants have a Shiny Glister on their fish ...

5. Finally, add Garnishes ...

Step 3 and 4 must do simultaneously ...

Yep, I remember my niece prepared steam red grouper this way. A chef in SSC taught her. For the sauce, she was asked to use chicken stock by boiling chicken bones n add Kirin sauce which she bought at Liang court. d sauce is prepared simultaneously while d fish is steaming n pour in when about 90% cook. But dun recalled she pour in heated oil. But, it's damm good. Like one of d HK restaurant's steam. fish. Edited by keanie
↡ Advertisement