Unichip Q

So_nice

I'm thinking of adding unichip to my car since IHE are all done and there are little else that could be done to enhance further legally.

Just wondering if it is worthwhile to get a used unichip and then go for installation and tuning? How much does the tuning cost and any good installers/tuners?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

I had a Unichip long ago on my first WRX. Disappointing. A lot depends on the tuner. Many people claim to be able to tune the chip, but few do so well, and even fewer, safely.

The Unichip, being a piggyback, cannot override the stock boost limit (which IIRC was set at 1.27bar on the WRX). You need a separate module for that.

Unichip still has a high risk of giving misfire codes, especially if not tuned properly.

All that I have said was applicable to the older Unichip, I have no idea if the tech has improved since.

And @Pocus was right about saving your money if the car is N/A. N/A engines give very unimpressive gains with just a tune/exhaust etc. You really need more - e.g. new camshaft if you want to keep the car N/A or (best) go for the turbo option.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

If it's about saving money then all of us will be taking mrt bro

Sorry bro I was typing in a haste mean more on what unichip can do. Don t be offended.

What I meant is more on the gains you will get for NA. Like what TF4 said, its minimal for NA and not worth. But if its Turbo or FI, worth the try but prepare for complications.

Save to money and mod other stuff like handling.. Bars, shocks, rims..

Supercharged

kinda keen in this, what's the marginal gain like?

since I renew my coe for another 10 years..

and had repair all what is required..

thought of adding some fun into this car.. 74hp only..

not intend to speed, just for pick up and going up slope..

I know an unichip Q,2nd hand cost less than $200..

tuning and dyno.. another rm650.

chipping can't do much on NA car without some serious mod. maybe ecu remap can alter the torque curve but

again total power can't change much. the most is just bring forward the max torque to be achieved in lower rpm.

if go on turbo route than u will be putting your engine life spend at risk. wear n tear will be horrible for NA car putting

on turbo without strengthening engine head unit, modify fuel injector, cooling system, exhaust system...

I had the issue of ecu resetting to original map with the cel light flash every once in a while when i overboost my wrx.

So switched to a standalone and 9 yrs later am very happy :)

Hi,

I dekitted  Unichip from my previous car. As my new ride has 5 year warranty, I am not inclined to risk void of warranty.

The Unichip was purchased and installed in June 2018 and am prepared to let go for SGD 250.00

One can install, tune and dyna test it in JB for about RM 450.00

Pls pm if interested

Neutral Newbie

@So_nice I know i'm reviving an old post but i bought mine directly from https://www.unichipeurope.com/, i was skeptical at first , however the employees walked me through any doubts i had and i can safely say , it was a solid buy. I'm yet to put my car on the dyno to test it out.

↡ Advertisement