Memory function on driver seat adjustment - worth paying?

Red_ryder

My current car is having manual seat adjustment. Due to size difference between me and my wife I have to make major adjustments just to be able to get into the car. My wife sits very close to the steering but I need to sit all the way back because of my height. 

So far I tested cars with electric seat adjustment, they seem quite slow to adjust and have so many adjustment points. Looks like memory function will be very useful. Unfortunately most of the models need to top up to a higher spec or larger engine to get the memory function. Is it worth it? Maybe I should aim for cars with manual adjustment instead? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Well if you need those functions you should consider those with memory as standard. Else only option being after market ones which is troublesome I suppose?

Since adjustment of all mirrors and seats are required

• Praise 1

Hi TS, It's worth it. Every time we go car wash, they will adjust your seat if you opt for vacuum. If you have the memory function, you don't need to adjust everytime you wash your car, or if you change driver.

Just do it if you can afford it.

In my opinion, Memory function is Useful, good to have.

Furthermore, the memory seat function usually stores the side mirror adjustments too.

Yes, usually need to top up, due to higher specs, as not only the higher specs car have memory seat function but usually come with other nice features too (eg cruise control, LED, window visor, autodim rear view mirror, more wood, navigation, all round view etc)/

Note:

1) Electric seat - generally slower to adjust compared to manual. 

2) Memory seat - need electric seat in the first place. But not all Electric seat adjustment have memory function.

3) Memory seat - cannot be done after market (factory fitted), so have to decide when booking (if the car have those feature as an option)

4) Some cars have memory seat for passengers too

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I consider it worth it if you are constantly having to swap seat positions. Electric memory seats usually have more possible movement than mechanical adjusted seats as well.

Also some will automatically move the seat into the correct position depending on which key is used to unlock the car, meaning it is all ready for you the moment you unlock before you get in!

It's also worth while because memory function usually include mirror adjustments and steering wheel, if steering wheel adjustment is electric.

If you have more than 1 driver, you should get it if you can afford it or it's a possible add-on. Much more convenient to change everything to suit you with one press of a button.

was thinking might try to be funny and suggest TS change wife  [sly]

oops. bad joke.

liddis ah [grin]  [grin]

post-547-0-67774000-1453116732_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

5) Some cars you can adjust passenger seat from your seat button ... [sly]

4) Some cars have memory seat for passengers too

Edited by Wt_know

5) Some cars you can adjust passenger seat from your seat button ... [sly]

eh u dun haolian lah... :grin:

BTT, it is a good function to have.  Sometimes, when we are tired, our posture does lag a bit and can be cumbersome to adjust manually.  the memory and minor electric adjustments do the trick well

It's quite a lot of money. 

I dunno about Conti/korean makes, but usually only the higher spec japanese executive sedans have memory seats.

The 2.5L or top of the line trim. It's usually one of the last distinguishing factors for the added cost.

Nissan, MZ, honda, toyota all definitely. only the top spec car has memory seats.

my car also has no memory seat. but it was not a must have to me.

Edited by Lala81

My current car is having manual seat adjustment. Due to size difference between me and my wife I have to make major adjustments just to be able to get into the car. My wife sits very close to the steering but I need to sit all the way back because of my height. 

So far I tested cars with electric seat adjustment, they seem quite slow to adjust and have so many adjustment points. Looks like memory function will be very useful. Unfortunately most of the models need to top up to a higher spec or larger engine to get the memory function. Is it worth it? Maybe I should aim for cars with manual adjustment instead? 

Its good to have. 

Some of the memory seats are tied to the key. If Key A is used to unlock the car, the seats adjust to the preset of Key A, and same if Key B is used.

Makes a husband and wife pair

It is sure worth it. As we need to send our children for classes in weekend, and I need to travel frequently, the memory tied to keys are very useful. U only needs to adjust the rear mirror.

• Praise 1

As mine doesn't have memory option, I wish mine was manual adjustment. Electronic adjustment is so slow to move, if it was manual I can slide my seat into whatever position I want in 1 second.

I'm pretty particular about being in my optimal seat distance, so wish my car had memory seats. Every time go for car servicing also have to spend some time finding the right distance again, which can be really irritating.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3