• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
354 replies to this topic | 971 praises

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anybody tried before?  I just tried this evening.  Yeah.  Try for fun, see whether can get or not.  How much did I bid for?  Check out this video for the experience.  

Take note, once you bid, the deposit is $10,000.  The non-refundable fee is $2.  If I get the COE, I will have 6 months to register the car.  LTA only collects the rest of the COE when I register the car.  Sounds cool to me. 

F355, Ben5266, Fruit-tart, Aukang, Deividz, yo2020, Wyfitms and 11 other members praised this

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anybody tried before?  I just tried this evening.  Yeah.  Try for fun, see whether can get or not.  How much did I bid for?  Check out this video for the experience.  

Take note, once you bid, the deposit is $10,000.  The non-refundable fee is $2.  If I get the COE, I will have 6 months to register the car.  LTA only collects the rest of the COE when I register the car.  Sounds cool to me. 

...and $2 flies away.

Doppel praised this

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

...and $2 flies away.

For the fun, ok lah.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anybody tried before? I just tried this evening. Yeah. Try for fun, see whether can get or not. How much did I bid for? Check out this video for the experience.

Take note, once you bid, the deposit is $10,000. The non-refundable fee is $2. If I get the COE, I will have 6 months to register the car. LTA only collects the rest of the COE when I register the car. Sounds cool to me.

Need to pay up full coe price when collect car ?
2BDriver, Mercs, Spring and Byteslurve praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

Nonewposts
  • Nonewposts
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If really get then huat

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

minion
  • minion
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Is it true that if you bid your own coe, some AD will be very hostile when you want to buy a car from them or won't even entertain at all?

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

Zeally
  • Premium member
    Zeally
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Is it true that if you bid your own coe, some AD will be very hostile when you want to buy a car from them or won't even entertain at all?

Hostile for what. But a lot less freebies and crap prices.
Mustank praised this

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

uniquely_ad
  • Premium member
    uniquely_ad
    5th Gear
    Author Image

interesting, has anyone actually won bidding 2$?

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Don't know.  I try already then let you know.  But I got to get the COE first. 

interesting, has anyone actually won bidding 2$?

Not me.  I did not bid $2.  Don't be misled by the earlier forum post. 

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

does it mean that every bids received would generate into the number of bids and it eventually

driving up the COE final price if one was doing it just for fun? or just trying to win a $1 COE?

correct me if i am wrong.

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't know. I try already then let you know. But I got to get the COE first.

Not me. I did not bid $2. Don't be misled by the earlier forum post.

Thanks for sharing, looks like quite a hasslefree process [thumbsup]

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks for sharing, looks like quite a hasslefree process [thumbsup]

Yes, looks easy.  But only DBS ATM.  I think other bank ATMs cannot.  Got to check LTA website to see. 

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:01 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, looks easy. But only DBS ATM. I think other bank ATMs cannot. Got to check LTA website to see.

Heard b4 some AD dont want to deal if u bid coe on ur own

If u manage to get, see if buying car works

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Go to the One Motoring website to check the current bid price.

http://www.onemotori.../coeDetail.html

Here is a screenshot as at 21:58hrs on 18 Jan.  Live one.  

COE Open Bidding 18 Jan.PNG

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

does it mean that every bids received would generate into the number of bids and it eventually

driving up the COE final price if one was doing it just for fun? or just trying to win a $1 COE?

correct me if i am wrong.

Have to look at the COE bidding process: http://www.lta.gov.s...lement-coe.html

In some way, the number of bids may contribute to raising the COE price. For example, if there are 100 COE quota, but there are 101 bids. If 100 people bid $1 but 1 person bid $2, the final price will be $2 and only 1 person will get it. But if 100 people bid $50000, then the last guy will have to bid $50001 in order to get the COE.

I hope I understood the bidding process correctly. However, this scenario is almost impossible to happen.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Heard b4 some AD dont want to deal if u bid coe on ur own

If u manage to get, see if buying car works

yeah, will let you know.   [laugh]

Have to look at the COE bidding process: http://www.lta.gov.s...lement-coe.html

In some way, the number of bids may contribute to raising the COE price. For example, if there are 100 COE quota, but there are 101 bids. If 100 people bid $1 but 1 person bid $2, the final price will be $2 and only 1 person will get it. But if 100 people bid $50000, then the last guy will have to bid $50001 in order to get the COE.

I hope I understood the bidding process correctly. However, this scenario is almost impossible to happen.

The most important point for me is that if the final COE price is above my reserve price, it means that I won't get the COE.

So the reserve price I put in is the max that I will pay for the COE, for this round of bidding.  If the final price goes above my reserve price, it means no COE for me lor. 

My friend told me that all the bidding action is usually the last hour, or even last 30 minutes.  So don't have to keep monitoring the website.  Apparently, the bidders all go in at the last minute to bid one. 

Edited by Boringchap, 18 January 2016 - 10:05 PM.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:18 PM

F355
  • F355
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Cat A COE dropped almost 10k last exercise . Now 45k .

TS bidded around 39k . If Cat A COE drops another 6k or more , he would have gotten his COE .

Maybe not possible this exercise , but will be a realistic bid in the coming months .

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Cat A COE dropped almost 10k last exercise . Now 45k .

TS bidded around 39k . If Cat A COE drops another 6k or more , he would have gotten his COE .

Maybe not possible this exercise , but will be a realistic bid in the coming months .

May be a realistic bid some time in 2016, but unlikely to be this one. Many people have already jumped in at this opportunity, as shown by some dealers who have raised their prices. Expecting a short term rebound...

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

dsman
  • Premium member
    dsman
    5th Gear
    Author Image

10k was deducted from our account the moment we bid? if so, how long does it take to get this deposit back shd we be unsuccessful in securing a coe?

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Fruit-tart
  • Fruit-tart
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Anybody tried before? I just tried this evening. Yeah. Try for fun, see whether can get or not. How much did I bid for? Check out this video for the experience.

Take note, once you bid, the deposit is $10,000. The non-refundable fee is $2. If I get the COE, I will have 6 months to register the car. LTA only collects the rest of the COE when I register the car. Sounds cool to me.

Wahh!! So fun right!! XD shiok lehh!! Hope u get ur coe this round at 39k! :) some dealers alr hv coe rebate at 37k, so 39k coe this round, quite possible..hahaha..

Yes, looks easy. But only DBS ATM. I think other bank ATMs cannot. Got to check LTA website to see.

Yupp..only dbs/posb atm can.. hahaha..ocbc is phone banking..then uob is internet banking(not for individuals, only for corporates)..

10k was deducted from our account the moment we bid? if so, how long does it take to get this deposit back shd we be unsuccessful in securing a coe?

Yes. 10k deducted from account the moment we bid. Admin charge 2bucks. If bid unsuccessful, they return deposit back within few days. I always self bid..hehehehhee..

Edited by Fruit-tart, 18 January 2016 - 11:13 PM.

Tonydeath praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: bidding, coe and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users