Why are there so many vehicles on the road weekdays 1-4pm?

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

As above. I don't usually travel around this period of time. But when I did yesterday, it was very crowded for the time stipulated on CTE. At the back of my head was wondering...... "who are really these ppl driving on the road at this hour? Aren't they suppose to be at work?" 

I personally took off yesterday to attend to some personal matters. So how about the rest? Outdoor sales, delivery, construction trucks, taxis, insurance agents, tai tai heading for tea-break?? Or everybody just like me took off on the same day to do some personal errands?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

It seems a bit to me that the number of cars at all times of day are unusually higher than normal as of late... wondering why also.

• Praise 1

population growth bro

at any time there are people take leave, run errands, people who work outside office, etc

i have this people everywhere feeling for years liao

As above. I don't usually travel around this period of time. But when I did yesterday, it was very crowded for the time stipulated on CTE. At the back of my head was wondering...... "who are really these ppl driving on the road at this hour? Aren't they suppose to be at work?"

I personally took off yesterday to attend to some personal matters. So how about the rest? Outdoor sales, delivery, construction trucks, taxis, insurance agents, tai tai heading for tea-break?? Or everybody just like me took off on the same day to do some personal errands?

Hey, I was driving on CTE yesterday about 3pm.

Am on the way to downtown office for meeting.

Funny...but I was having the same question in my head when I drive along the slow moving traffic.

Who are all these ppl? All going to town for meeting like myself?

Whoa, it must have been a while since you last took off/leave. LoL...

COE cheap mah. Such a small island with vehicle population hitting almost a million. No read news? Where have you been? Must be shiok where you work. Your work desk can turn into a bed? :D

I don't think it's just the roads. Try taking the trains around the same time and it's also more crowded than last time. Can ask the 70% why. 

No, you guys have missed the most important point.

Say what you like, population growth, wealth growth, car growth, blah blah blah are all planned before hand. Who else have the authority to issue PRs and Citizenship? You guys go figure it out.

Last and not least,

The COE, ERP or what ever knot control mechanism on the road are not working. So why keep them???

Edited by kennytansk

i drive to work at 5am roads empty leh...hahahha

oni those delivering ducks, chickens, vegeetables, etc :grin:  :grin:

okok btt...yeah, roads more congested.  CTE esp and like a bloody carpark.

1-2pm more crowded cos lunchtime, 2-4pm not so, but still abt 60-70km/h avg speed 

Nowadays many people don't have so-called regular 9-5 jobs already. A lot of people doing things that need them to run here and there, like Uber.

On a related note, I realise that there's no common agreement for what constitutes "off-peak"

For cars it means after 7pm before 7am and weekends/PHs

For ERP it means after 8pm before 7am (and between 10am to 12noon), and Sundays/PHs

For taxis it means after 9.30am before 6pm

All don't tally. So what is really "off-peak"?

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 6

No, you guys have missed the most important point.

Say what you like, population growth, wealth growth, car growth, blah blah blah are all planned before hand. Who else have the authority to issue PRs and Citizenship? You guys go figure it out.

Last and not least,

The COE, ERP or what ever knot control mechanism on the road are not working. So why keep them???

What says COE is not working?  Vehicles population has been decreasing over past 24 mths.

The only reason ERP is not working is because it is not expensive enough.

Try this:

ERP price is based on rolling 3 months average speed of each gantry.  For every 10km below legal speed limit, $10 will be charged.

If rolling 3 months average speed is 30km/h on ERP gantry on CTE in front of Australian International School, that gantry should charged $50.

This will eliminate all the poor ppl from driving.

• Praise 1

What says COE is not working?  Vehicles population has been decreasing over past 24 mths.

The only reason ERP is not working is because it is not expensive enough.

Try this:

ERP price is based on rolling 3 months average speed of each gantry.  For every 10km below legal speed limit, $10 will be charged.

If rolling 3 months average speed is 30km/h on ERP gantry on CTE in front of Australian International School, that gantry should charged $50.

This will eliminate all the poor ppl from driving.

kick in the GPS erp lah.....then EVERY journey based on distance.  

Then you see, traffic sure will be light and expressways remain as expressways

as it is, KJE is the worst among the lot.....  Like a bloody heavy vehicle park.  

Out of every 10 vehicles, 7 are heavy vehicles/vans/trucks etc

Nowadays many people don't have so-called regular 9-5 jobs already. A lot of people doing things that need them to run here and there, like Uber.

On a related note, I realise that there's no common agreement for what constitutes "off-peak"

For cars it means after 7pm before 7am and weekends/PHs

For ERP it means after 8pm before 7am (and between 10am to 12noon), and Sundays/PHs

For taxis it means after 9.30am before 6pm

All don't tally. So what is really "off-peak"?

In economic terms, it is just an income opportunity.

Comparatively in sharpness of their knife, the Taxi >  ERP > weekend plate

↡ Advertisement