Why are there so many vehicles on the road weekdays 1-4pm?

Zxcvb

As above. I don't usually travel around this period of time. But when I did yesterday, it was very crowded for the time stipulated on CTE. At the back of my head was wondering...... "who are really these ppl driving on the road at this hour? Aren't they suppose to be at work?" 

I personally took off yesterday to attend to some personal matters. So how about the rest? Outdoor sales, delivery, construction trucks, taxis, insurance agents, tai tai heading for tea-break?? Or everybody just like me took off on the same day to do some personal errands?

Hmmmm.............. with 30,000 teachers in MOE and around that time, they leaving schools for home or CCA.  

Let says 1/3 of the teachers drive cars and that will be 10,000 car on the road after 1.30pm onwards.  :grin:  Couple with some others like salesmen, nurses (after morning shift), ..... etc. :XD:  

Until such time that AG order teachers to pay parking in schools. And maybe by that time, less cars lor ... :serious-business:

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement

during this period, don't forget many company's small bosses slip out office to SPA and meet their lovers, or play golf,

pretending to meet customers :grin:

My boss is one of them , hehe!
  • Praise 1

truth is that our productivity is very low

most of us work from 9-10am and from 4-5pm

in between it's either out of office running errands or surfing MCF

With the current rat-race, most ppl on the roads will drive at the speed limits plus a couple of kph (unless there's some blockage).

There maybe some aunties and uncles driving slowly, maybe TP can catch them and fine them for road hogging.

if what you say is true and everyone is moving at a constant speed, then not only there should be no jam but it should not even be slow moving unless all travelling slowly...... so what you say true or not...  [:p]

Apa ini? Title said 1-4pm la...not am. [laugh]

he stressed that market crashed but k k say is other people stressed..... lol

There are 1mil vehicles (all classes) in SG, heard on news just a few nights ago.

seems like the count 1m vehicles remained unchanged for a number of years already  

• Praise 3

Its a old old problem that been around for many yrs. 

Personally , COE and ERP are just instruments to earn quick bucks.... They dont solve the fundamental issues.  

• Praise 5

Its a old old problem that been around for many yrs.

Personally , COE and ERP are just instruments to earn quick bucks.... They dont solve the fundamental issues.

But at least they dun allow any tom dick or Harry to drive..
  • Praise 1

But at least they dun allow any tom dick or Harry to drive..

[laugh]  kind of true I guess.

Cheaper Easier way is to stop issue licenses   [scholar]

• Praise 1

I stop thinking about the good old days when everywhere is less congested and more Singlish besides my ears.

Waiting for big market crash, then can see the quitters leave in plane loads. I will have my pay cut but I think it is worth it!

• Praise 2

It has nvr really reach 1m.  After rounding yes.

The peak was 2013. 975k.  Since then, it has been reducing to 957k in Dec 2015

Which means that 957K is still too many on the limited roads. We are still having jams and slow traffic.

Bad planning to let the number raise to this level of 975K and then had to reduce it to fit the roads capacity. :a-noway:

• Praise 1

i drive to work at 5am roads empty leh...hahahha

oni those delivering ducks, chickens, vegeetables, etc :grin::grin:

okok btt...yeah, roads more congested. CTE esp and like a bloody carpark.

1-2pm more crowded cos lunchtime, 2-4pm not so, but still abt 60-70km/h avg speed

Why u go to work so early huh?

• Praise 1

More cars do not mean heavier traffic. But high usage of vehicles means heavy traffic. You can have lots of car owners, but if less of them use it, traffic will not be so jammed packed. Tax heavily on the usage, you will find some people planning their routes to incur less cost or some may simply drive less or some may only drive for a good reason. Scrapped the COE and increase the ERPs is the way to go.

• Praise 1

For me it's the opposite. I work most of the time during office hour and after office hour, only surf mcf during the odd minutes between work and while walking around.
  • Praise 1

I hope the day doesn't come when office blocks MCF.

Then again with smart phones, bring it!

Back to the topic, 1-4pm inclusive of late lunch crowd, the usual uber drivers, off-peak deliveries, go around for happy ending drivers etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1