Toyota Wish - PI or AD

Greenwood

I am considering buying the Wish.  It appears that both BM and PI are carrying this and the price differential is $10k.  PI price is below $115k.  Are views from all about getting the Wish from PI? 

↡ Advertisement

PI around 114k

AD is 120k.. different 6k only and AD had 5 yrs warranty plus 3 years servicing during the motorshow. Confirm plus chop, AD more worth it if you had gotten the deal at motorshow.. now need to call AD check, is the price still same as motorshow anot first

PI around 114k

AD is 120k.. different 6k only and AD had 5 yrs warranty plus 3 years servicing during the motorshow. Confirm plus chop, AD more worth it if you had gotten the deal at motorshow.. now need to call AD check, is the price still same as motorshow anot first

Thanks!  Perhaps, I did not do my research thoroughly enough.  I have been looking at PI price for a while and found that their price is always around $115k while BM price was $125k.  It is good to know that BM has recently dropped price during the motorshow. 

Not sure nowadays pi from Japan or other country but Sat on one AD wish recently and all I can say is the build is damn cheapo. I personally will never buy it no matter how cheap.. I will take pi if it's jdm modem.

• Praise 1

Not sure nowadays pi from Japan or other country but Sat on one AD wish recently and all I can say is the build is damn cheapo. I personally will never buy it no matter how cheap.. I will take pi if it's jdm modem.

The ad wish cheapo part is on lower body kit. Other than that, centre console better version than pi. If book durin motorshow weekend, brown leather seats given.

Iinw, ad wish comes w android based touchscreen media system. To me, ad wish package slight better. Headlight I think is hid projector.

• Praise 1

seriously speaking, unless the offer is free servicing like what they gave during the car show, otherwise, warranty by AD is nothing but noncense... with conditions to go back AD for servicing at premium price, the warranty is not something free. In fact, with the savings accumulated for 5 years during warranty period, you can do any major repair with the savings, and in the 1st place, what could happen within the 1st 5 yrs/ 100K?

• Praise 4

I went to BM 3 weeks (?) before the motor show.  The price is about $118K and they give the Elegance package (leather/ DVD player).  They increase the price at motor show so as to give out "free" servicing.  Nothing is really free!  

seriously speaking, unless the offer is free servicing like what they gave during the car show, otherwise, warranty by AD is nothing but noncense... with conditions to go back AD for servicing at premium price, the warranty is not something free. In fact, with the savings accumulated for 5 years during warranty period, you can do any major repair with the savings, and in the 1st place, what could happen within the 1st 5 yrs/ 100K?

what if kena super lemon or drivetrain issues? 10yrs service with ad also cannot cover. outside ws nowadays also not as cheap as some mentioned - i think it's more like selective repair on the "more damaged" part / subsystem; if change whole part / system, probably some 30% cheaper (not talking about up north). i'm more kiasi in this aspect.

I went to BM 3 weeks (?) before the motor show.  The price is about $118K and they give the Elegance package (leather/ DVD player).  They increase the price at motor show so as to give out "free" servicing.  Nothing is really free!  

u mean 118k incl free service for 3 yrs? let's c this round.

what if kena super lemon or drivetrain issues? 10yrs service with ad also cannot cover. outside ws nowadays also not as cheap as some mentioned - i think it's more like selective repair on the "more damaged" part / subsystem; if change whole part / system, probably some 30% cheaper (not talking about up north). i'm more kiasi in this aspect.

My vios, only went back for free 1k service and maybe 5k also, can't remember and after the free service, outside already .. Zero problem for 3 yrs until I sold it off... Then got a latio , also went back for the free 3 service (up to 10k) only and I'm into 9th years servicing outside, also no major except wear and tear stuff... For my next car, depends on model, I might not go back to ad for servicing also after free servicing... Hehehhe...

• Praise 1

AD better.. got more guarantee on the quality of the product which u will receive.. some PI may tell u things like: ownership not transferred then car being repossesed, no install properly this n that, register cars in PIs take like so looooong to arrive..AD faster... then when parts spoil, PI dealers ask u pay money as not covered in warranty..some PIs run away with money (as seen from so many news articles)... blahblah..and many other tricks ..

at least AD u can buy with absolute ease ..haha..

** note: my post is generally speaking. not say all PI are bad, but maybe 99% of them are..lol.. if not u wont see posts like: beware of PIs/beware of second hand car dealers(which mostly PIs)..

Edited by Fruit-tart

My vios, only went back for free 1k service and maybe 5k also, can't remember and after the free service, outside already .. Zero problem for 3 yrs until I sold it off... Then got a latio , also went back for the free 3 service (up to 10k) only and I'm into 9th years servicing outside, also no major except wear and tear stuff... For my next car, depends on model, I might not go back to ad for servicing also after free servicing... Hehehhe...

most will agree jap cars r trouble-free; i'm just for the "in case".

AD better.. got more guarantee on the quality of the product which u will receive.. some PI may tell u things like: ownership not transferred then car being repossesed, no install properly this n that, register cars in PIs take like so looooong to arrive..AD faster... then when parts spoil, PI dealers ask u pay money as not covered in warranty..some PIs run away with money (as seen from so many news articles)... blahblah..and many other tricks ..

at least AD u can buy with absolute ease ..haha..

** note: my post is generally speaking. not say all PI are bad, but maybe 99% of them are..lol.. if not u wont see posts like: beware of PIs/beware of second hand car dealers(which mostly PIs)..

haha now i only can consider AD cars after what u've said; i think that 1% closed shop liao..

Seriously, you sure that 10yrs service with AD also cannot cover? Have you really calculate before or you guess? do you know that AD servicing price is at least $150 more ex than outside even for a regular service package? Even if your millage is 0, within 10 yrs period, you need to go thru AT LEAST 20 regular servicing, and 5 major servicing. How much savings are we looking at?

Assume that you are extremel suay, the most expensive part of toyota wish, the CVT gearbox is gone. Its only cost 2K to replace it with a re-con unit. How expensive do you expect?

In the 1st place, I drove a toyota vios, and within Vios club Singapore, I have not come across anyone having gearbox issue within the 1st 3 yrs... unless you really confirm that you damn bloody suay, otherwise, I think you really worry too much....

Of course, in the end of the day, money is yours. If you feel happier by spending 10K over more with AD, I think you should go ahead, rather than saves that 10K over and got to worry for 10 yrs... :XD::that-dood-is-up-to-something::want::grin:

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 4

Seriously, you sure that 10yrs service with AD also cannot cover? Have you really calculate before or you guess? do you know that AD servicing price is at least $150 more ex than outside even for a regular service package? Even if your millage is 0, within 10 yrs period, you need to go thru AT LEAST 20 regular servicing, and 5 major servicing. How much savings are we looking at?

Assume that you are extremel suay, the most expensive part of toyota wish, the CVT gearbox is gone. Its only cost 2K to replace it with a re-con unit. How expensive do you expect?

In the 1st place, I drove a toyota vios, and within Vios club Singapore, I have not come across anyone having gearbox issue within the 1st 3 yrs... unless you really confirm that you damn bloody suay, otherwise, I think you really worry too much....

Of course, in the end of the day, money is yours. If you feel happier by spending 10K over more with AD, I think you should go ahead, rather than saves that 10K over and got to worry for 10 yrs... :XD::that-dood-is-up-to-something::want::grin:

That 2k recon gb wont last. How about new gb?

Assume 200k km so svc 20x. Ad avg 300, outside avg 130, diff 170. X 20 saved 3400. Brand new gb w labor how much? 8-12k?

Lets say only svc at ad for 5yrs or 100000km, save 1.7k. Not significant amount for me to give up warranty during this period.

That 2k recon gb wont last. How about new gb?

Assume 200k km so svc 20x. Ad avg 300, outside avg 130, diff 170. X 20 saved 3400. Brand new gb w labor how much? 8-12k?

Lets say only svc at ad for 5yrs or 100000km, save 1.7k. Not significant amount for me to give up warranty during this period.

err..hello,  in the 1st place, you think gearbox spoil AD give you 1 brand new gearbox? :a-panic: :a-panic:  .

as for your calculation on servicing, you only count the bare minimum regular servicing pckage required, dont forget that there are major servicing as well...

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 2

err..hello,  in the 1st place, you think gearbox spoil AD give you 1 brand new gearbox? :a-panic: :a-panic:  .

as for your calculation on servicing, you only count the bare minimum regular servicing pckage required, dont forget that there are major servicing as well...

they should give brand new, no point give recon then go back within another few mths. of cos that's my assumption that ad should b more steady than pi. major service & normal service add up avg for jap car about 300 per svc cos i enquire nissan n subaru 40k & 60k km package. i don't deny ad labor is premium. but i only need to stay w them during 3-5yrs warranty period, i still can bear with / afford it.

↡ Advertisement