Singapore drivers 'frustrated, stressed' with road condition

Wishcumstrue

Or in some cases vindictive buggers in front know that the ERP rate will decrease / increase in the next 1 minute...

↡ Advertisement

I wonder why the report didn't cover the amount of roadworks and closed lanes etc

If you have more roadworks = more people switching lanes

Also more big heavy vehicles nowadays even at orchard road

Just 1 wish.

Restrict the goods vehicles to the left-most lane.

With so many vehicles on the roads these days, all you need is 1 fxxker in the middle lane to go at the same speed as the vehicle on his left... [bounce1]

• Praise 3

i am ok with changing lane with signals on but definitely not those queue cutters.

these jokers will go all the way to the front and start signalling and expect others to let them in.

• Praise 1

When you signal to change lane, the joker behind will suddenly speed up and horn and flashed at you, like a frustrated dog.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Yes i hate those who don't signal. Even if they calculated their lane change with sufficient space from the car behind.

These ppl should have their fingers chopped off to ensure they can't ever signal again.

I have seen some champions, refuse to signal when joining the expressway, and only start to signal when they realize i ain't gonna give sh1t to ppl who don't signal.

Bro, actually the last lane where cars from slip roads joins to expressway... drivers have a duty of care to give way to let the cars entering expressway join smoothly. Not bashing you, but everyone give/take - driving become smoother for all.

• Praise 1

i am ok with changing lane with signals on but definitely not those queue cutters.

these jokers will go all the way to the front and start signalling and expect others to let them in.

KPE (to TPE) Buangkok exit every evening peak hours got tons of them. When everyone are queuing to right turn to Sengkang East Dr, these clowns will pretend to go straight on straight-only lane, suddenly signal and jam brake to squeeze into the turn right lane when near the traffic junction in front. There's always near misses as cars behind either have to jam brake or change lane to avoid these clowns who are stopping diagonally on a go-straight lane. Although I'm not part of the queue, it's just embarrassing to see supposedly civilized drivers behaving like third world inhabitants.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

I learned to drive relatively stress-free (not slow hor) when I decided to give way whenever I can, even to those who dun bother to signal their intentions or change lane at close proximity.

But hor, my goodwill hor, stop at those who bao 2 lanes without completing lane change AND, hoggers!

• Praise 1

Of course stress lah.

Need to watch out for ERP

Need to watch out for TP

Need to watch out for camera

Need to watch out for motorbike

Need to watch out for cyclist

Need to watch out for ya-ya pedestrian

Need to watch out for road works

Need to watch out for idiots who anyhow drive

Need to watch out for idiots who don't give way and think they own the road just because they pay 200k for their freaking Conti car.

How not to stress?

• Praise 4

KPE (to TPE) Buangkok exit every evening peak hours got tons of them. When everyone are queuing to right turn to Sengkang East Dr, these clowns will pretend to go straight on straight-only lane, suddenly signal and jam brake to squeeze into the turn right lane when near the traffic junction in front. There's always near misses as cars behind either have to jam brake or change lane to avoid these clowns who are stopping diagonally on a go-straight lane. Although I'm not part of the queue, it's just embarrassing to see supposedly civilized drivers behaving like third world inhabitants.

These drivers act blur one. They dont want to keep the 2 right lanes because its too long. I know coz I also kena before coz I go straight. 

• Praise 1

If it's me I will give them the benefit of the doubt, they may not know that is the queue for right turn.

The most keh siao is when I see the guy in front of me filter out of the queue, then go straight and cut in further up.........  [furious]

• Praise 1

Yah. And some good hearted people or kayu driver actually allow them to cut in!

Yah. And some good hearted people or kayu driver actually allow them to cut in!

Pang chance la... sometimes I also miss the queue due to first time driving there, also hope others will pang chance to me too... 

Normal driving I also leave a gap when I see others signalling to enter my lane, maybe they will pay it forward to others. One day when I want to change lane also hopefully the guy will pang chance to me  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1