Singapore drivers 'frustrated, stressed' with road condition

Wishcumstrue

That's what I did when I made a report on someone running the red light.

Any idea if the guy was fined? Last time i used to report and all I get was a notification telling me that if they need me to testify in court, will i be willing to do so. We should report all these often. Too many teckless and inconsiderate drivers...of all nationalities..

You could try this site. https://clipchamp.com/

I use it alot to upload lots of videos with large file sizes and it works like a charm.

Cool bro. Thanks!!!!
↡ Advertisement

If it's me I will give them the benefit of the doubt, they may not know that is the queue for right turn.

I think you would very likely do that.  If cannot, just drive straight, don't block the other vehicles behind. 

Pang chance la... sometimes I also miss the queue due to first time driving there, also hope others will pang chance to me too... 

Normal driving I also leave a gap when I see others signalling to enter my lane, maybe they will pay it forward to others. One day when I want to change lane also hopefully the guy will pang chance to me  [laugh]

[laugh]  No wonder benefit of doubt. 

Tried. Also cannot. Sob. Unless i upload multiple 4-5s clip. But i never tried before though. I converted to other formats before also but somehow even 3gp either the resolution chiu or cant. Sianz.

Send picture files?  I also got a lot of video clips. 

so lucky, the bmw driver confirm never check blindspot.

I think this will unlikely to happen if the truck don't road hog.

If travel at slow speed leaving a big gap in front, and suddenly decide to "accelerate", it is difficult to predict.

Don't think moving slowly and leaving a big gap in front is safe - a speeding motorbike nearly ram into the back of a truck. 

Bro, actually the last lane where cars from slip roads joins to expressway... drivers have a duty of care to give way to let the cars entering expressway join smoothly. Not bashing you, but everyone give/take - driving become smoother for all.

I agree.  

Bluntly, got signal doesn't mean got the right of way - this merely is the perception of the driver who is signalling.

• Praise 2

And also drivers who signal AFTER or DURING lane changing. As good as no signal at all.

All the biao Kia drivers in sg will not give way the moment you signal.. Maybe only lorries and heavy vehicles. I tried a lot times already, end up making my life difficult only.

and not forgetting the plenty of "merging lanes" in Singapore where Singkee drivers tried to squeeze each other out

There's this exit from kpe towards pie whereby there's always a jam as few hundred meters later is another merge from pie to cte. Tbh cars usually try their best not to give way there. I've no idea why. As if they can be faster that way.

I think you would very likely do that.  If cannot, just drive straight, don't block the other vehicles behind. 

[laugh]  No wonder benefit of doubt. 

Actually I am like another fellow user here, if I miss my turn I am usually too paiseh to attempt to squeeze in at the last minute, and will instead try to find an alternative route. Besides, suddenly jamming brake may lead to getting rear-ended.

• Praise 2

I agree.

Bluntly, got signal doesn't mean got the right of way - this merely is the perception of the driver who is signalling.

A lorry bang into me as I was passing him on his left.

First thing he said was, I signaled so long already. Why u don't let me pass?

Exactly! U signaled for so long don't wanna filter, so whole time I need to stay behind you when u are hogging middle Lane?

There's this exit from kpe towards pie whereby there's always a jam as few hundred meters later is another merge from pie to cte. Tbh cars usually try their best not to give way there. I've no idea why. As if they can be faster that way.

I know that exit, there is always congestion there when Lane 1 and 2 are moving smoothly. I always have to "gah gah" squeeze out and make someone give way. After that can quickly move over to Lane 2 and zoom off. 

I know that exit, there is always congestion there when Lane 1 and 2 are moving smoothly. I always have to "gah gah" squeeze out and make someone give way. After that can quickly move over to Lane 2 and zoom off.

No choice that one must head in first esp if no heavy vehicles. If have they are usually kind enough. The prob is switching to lane 2, my Laopokcar cannot pickup fast enough to do so hahaha. So I just keep drifting den switch when there's a chance. Actually if all do e same it'll be smoother..

I think you would very likely do that. If cannot, just drive straight, don't block the other vehicles behind.

[laugh] No wonder benefit of doubt.

Send picture files? I also got a lot of video clips.

Pictures do not speak a thousand words in reckless case. Lol.

All the biao Kia drivers in sg will not give way the moment you signal.. Maybe only lorries and heavy vehicles. I tried a lot times already, end up making my life difficult only.

Bro, bo hua to not signal first.

Boh signal, filter and langar. Tio capture on their camera is mainly your fault.

Signal liao, filter and tio kiss backside. Claim his insurance :)

Bro, bo hua to not signal first.

Boh signal, filter and langar. Tio capture on their camera is mainly your fault.

Signal liao, filter and tio kiss backside. Claim his insurance :)

You got a good point bro. Den if kanna horn just ignore right lol.

A lorry bang into me as I was passing him on his left.

First thing he said was, I signaled so long already. Why u don't let me pass?

Exactly! U signaled for so long don't wanna filter, so whole time I need to stay behind you when u are hogging middle Lane?

I think the lorry driver think you are a mind reader -  you have to read his mind if he is a) really changing lane, b) signal indicator faulty, etc.  

I feel this perception give rise to many issues.  

-  signal while changing lane

-  signal after changing lane

-  signal when the arrow only shows turning

-  drivers getting upset that they are "inconvenienced"  when the other driver speed up, horn and/or high beam - not giving way to them. 

It is a simple thing.

You want to change Lane, signal first.

Wait for opportunity, filter.

People don't want to give way, wait.

Signaling doesn't mean people will give way.

Period.

• Praise 9

It is a simple thing.

Period.

Drivers like to debate about the safe stopping distance  e.g  car length or seconds-rule.  In their lane changing convenience, they may not remember that lane changing may in most cases,  half the stopping distance of the other car.   The worse are those change lane and immediately step brake.  [laugh]

Like that how not to get frustrated and stressed? 

• Praise 1

It is a simple thing.

Period.

Agreed. Signalling doesn't mean you can just cut in immediately. Got to also gauge the right timing to make sure that you don't risk the safety of the oncoming car and yours. 

It's just like walking on a crowded street. We don't walk into someone's path recklessly as and when we like, it's just plain rude. But when shielded in a car, somehow people just seem to throw basic etiquette away. 

• Praise 3

It is a simple thing.

Period.

Seems like such a simple thingy is a rarity on our roads

↡ Advertisement