Nissan Pulsar

Kia7200

@orangemonkey

Am unable to comment as I have yet to see the actual car.

Just now I read an article saying release in Oct, but I can't find that page for now. It also said pulsar has the biggest rear leg space in in class. Seems like it can even beat note in this department.

Turbocharged

It's a nostalgic name actually cos in the old days a lot of us learnt our driving in a Pulsar!

Mine was the 1.0 DX manual version.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Mine was the 1.0 DX manual version.

This one:

http://www.torque.com.sg/3525/i-remember-my-pulsar/

Interior very spacious but very underpowered. Very popular back in 1983 & 1984. Sold like hot cakes.

I got mine brand new for only $27K. No COE at that time.

Also got my resale HDB 4 room flat near town for $55K at that time. Took only 10 year loan.

Gone are those good old days in Singapore.   :TT_TT:

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

back at one of the car shows at expo, they previewed us with the Pulsar on display. the interior is indeed with abundance of space!

Downside is its full of hard plastic.. making the car "feel cheap"..

IMO, should it be priced nearer to the note, i believe it's a value buy for people who needs the space and transport. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Made in Spain. Buy lor.

By the way, what is the difference in performance between a 3 n 4 cylinders if both are 1.2 engine.

if u are comparing with the note's 3 cyl, that is either N.A or Supercharged. Most 3 cyl engines have a "rattling" noise which takes abit of getting used to. The Pulsar with a 4 cyl will have lesser vibrations comparing to a 3 cyl. That should make the ride less noisy.

My guess in terms of performance, the 3 cyl would be less powerful? But it should be more frugal on the fuel consumption during cruising.

• Praise 2

if u are comparing with the note's 3 cyl, that is either N.A or Supercharged. Most 3 cyl engines have a "rattling" noise which takes abit of getting used to. The Pulsar with a 4 cyl will have lesser vibrations comparing to a 3 cyl. That should make the ride less noisy.

My guess in terms of performance, the 3 cyl would be less powerful? But it should be more frugal on the fuel consumption during cruising.

Like that I will take a 3 cylinder anytime as FC is a concern to me. And my car load is usually two pax.
  • Praise 2

This model may take a back seat now that the new Nissan Note will be launched at the Singapore Motor Show in Jan 2017.

Read that Nissan note will cease production and be replaced by micra in 2017.

Pulsar is priced similar as C4 and Golf 1.2

Profit margin is very high, at $22K for every car sold, based on $50K COE.

Tan Chong shd give the Pulsar a pricing advantage, and buyers will be more willing to bite. Just nice, somewhere in between Note DiG-S and Qashqai 1.2 pricing.

At such pricing, I rather save $16k and get the Lancer at $86K.

post-27974-0-54079900-1483752115_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement