Nissan Pulsar

Kia7200

Anyone change their HU to pioneer? I think ask before but no feedback. Went to an installer and he checked the wiring and said after install pioneer HU, steering wheel controls will be lost unless purchase an converter. Pulsar wiring is Cam Pass design. Not sure if this Is true. Also no guarantee the reverse cam currently is compatible.

If someone changes and no problem, do let’s know. Thanks in advance.

stock Reverse cam should not be an issue with pioneer. A canbus/converter is required for steering wheel controls (unless getting a head unit that can self learn controls)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Only during heavy rain, abnormal if happen during every trip.

Check if anything blocking the radar (dirt & etc), otherwise better get it fixed before warranty expired.

TC had replaced my sensor and still monitoring whether the sensor is ok... Finally fixed the issue since I got the car last year...

• Praise 1

hmm odd leh, why must have damper when these are new cars, just feel it’s poor assembly... lol a bit sad, but ok lah comfort is good

Regards the suspension knocking sound, TC had install rubber seats and the sound is gone...

Apologies if this question has been asked before but nothing turned up when I did a search.  Anyway, since I still have the DUO points left unused, I was looking at the accessories offered by Nissan and was wondering if any of you have installed the Front Turning Sensor ($188) and Pioneer subwoofer ($338). 

'm most curious to find out where did they install the sub and what's your thoughts about it.  As for the sensor, I'm keen to see a picture of the car with the front sensor installed.  Is there a switch that allows the sensor to be turned off when not needed?  Thanks in advance for any info shared.

Believe the sensor will not able to off. the sensor will be the same as the rear.

I guess the subwoofer will go underneath the seat. 

anyone have issues pairing bluetooth to their samsung phone? agter pairing, next time i start the engine, need to re-pair again.

using samsung phone and not such issue but rarely use the Bluetooth

Anyone change their HU to pioneer? I think ask before but no feedback. Went to an installer and he checked the wiring and said after install pioneer HU, steering wheel controls will be lost unless purchase an converter. Pulsar wiring is Cam Pass design. Not sure if this Is true. Also no guarantee the reverse cam currently is compatible.

If someone changes and no problem, do let’s know. Thanks in advance.

The workshop i went to install my audio system did mention has a suitable head unit. However, i never install.

The boss said can demo the head unit before buy.  [:p]

• Praise 2

Just got my 10km servicing last Thursday at Toa Payoh and found out that my car fuel consumption when down from average 16km/L to 6.1km/L on last Friday! So i drove to Leng Kee Monday morning (16 APR 2018) as i feel that the mechanics at Toa Payoh is not experience enough. The mechanics at Leng Kee told me that after battery replacement the computer need to be reset and so he reset it for me. Initially after the computer was reset everything went well in the morning until evening time when i drove home to realize that the fuel consumption (FC) went down to 5.5km/L !!! I complained to the mechanics at Leng Kee but he said he is not able to help and referred me to Bukit Timah where the C13 (???) mechanics are there to hep me.

So i went Bukit Timah on Tuesday (17th Apr 2018) and the mechanics tested the drive with me and realized that something is wrong. He told me that he will do a complete reset for me. Similar problem happened again, prior to resetting the vehicle the FC behave normal until i drove home in the evening to notice that FC back to square one 5.1km/L!!!!! The computer seem to be unable to hold the memory that was set, i am not very sure.

I asked the customer service manager Sallelah for help because i am a field service engineer i cannot work without a car but she said she is not free on Wednesday as she is on course and she cannot provide a loaner car for me.

I was a Vios driver last time n i drove this car happily for the past 10 years that never fail me a single time compare to this Pulsar which was just 7 months old. The reason i did not buy Vios again is because there is no stock at Borneo when my COE gg to expire last year, so sad.

I considered myself unlucky and seriously considering to sell this car off after 2-3 years later if it keep creating so much trouble for me. the after sales service is not what i expected, and i need to follow the arrangement given by the customer service manager.

Moreover this fault is not even created by me!!!

my battery dead before one year and tow back got replaced FOC. 

same thing happen after batt changed, the FC is high. 

reported and request to reset my computer. The Ubi service consultant refused to reset. 

reset was done in the next send in and it back to normal. 

Battery going to flat symptoms 

If you start to see warning system fault, it is a sign of battery going to flat. Was informed by my SA. 

post-31276-0-73702000-1534686727_thumb.jpeg

post-31276-0-13118100-1534686735_thumb.jpeg

If you intend to change rim. 

1. Please take note your stock rim has the TPM sensor and remember to ask the workshop to transfer.

2. After the rim changed, please reset to recalibrate and to ensure it works. 

3. The shaft is somehow extended and some rims cap may not able to fit. forgot to take a picture.  :a-bang:

Stock rim specs

17x6.5J ET45 

205/50/17

18 inch rim new specs 

18x7.5J ET45

225/40/18

post-31276-0-16583400-1534688605_thumb.jpg

1. Please take note your stock rim has the TPM sensor and remember to ask the workshop to transfer.

3. The shaft is somehow extended and some rims cap may not able to fit. forgot to take a picture. :a-bang:

Stock rim specs

17x6.5J ET45

205/50/17

18 inch rim new specs

18x7.5J ET45

225/40/18

As this is a specs changed, did u inform your insurer?

If yes how u go about it?

• Praise 1

As this is a specs changed, did u inform your insurer?

If yes how u go about it?

it depends on your insurance package. if u have additional coverage for non original stuff and yes you need to inform.

Neutral Newbie

Hi fellow Pulsar owners, I have called a few stockist for pulsar parts eg cabin filter, but all say that they do not have anything for our car.

Seek advise on getting at least original cabin filter for pulsar.

Thanks

Hi fellow Pulsar owners, I have called a few stockist for pulsar parts eg cabin filter, but all say that they do not have anything for our car.

Seek advise on getting at least original cabin filter for pulsar.

Thanks

During service, TC will clean up. I asked the price for replace - $50 for filter + near $30 labour 

I also finding

Neutral Newbie

Holy crap... $50 suck thumb for the filter close both eyes still can change, but since they going to open to clean it, $30 for labour is crazy

• Praise 1

Link for changing the cabin filter. 2014 model but should be the same.

I remove the glove box before to change the Yellow bulb to White LED, therefore the cabin filter should be inside there. 

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/eng/vehicle/MANN-FILTER%20Katalog%20Europa/Vehicles/CARS%20%2B%20TRANSPORTERS/NISSAN/Pulsar/1.2%20DIG-T%20(%20(C13M))%20HRA2DDT%20(T246596)

Edited by Raiderxxx

thinking of changing my rear car plate lights from yellow to white, any recommendations?

the yellow is just tooooo yellow! lol

3. The shaft is somehow extended and some rims cap may not able to fit. forgot to take a picture. :a-bang:

Stock rim specs

17x6.5J ET45

205/50/17

18 inch rim new specs

18x7.5J ET45

225/40/18

really good info, thanks for sharing!

i almost changed my rims, and would have left this impt fact out, appreciate it

thinking of changing my rear car plate lights from yellow to white, any recommendations?

the yellow is just tooooo yellow! lol

really good info, thanks for sharing!

i almost changed my rims, and would have left this impt fact out, appreciate it

for the rear plate lights, you ca easily get them taobao or ebay. They are just T10 / 5W5 bulbs and can be easily changed. You may also want to change your interior lights at the same time (same bulbs)

for the rear plate lights, you ca easily get them taobao or ebay. They are just T10 / 5W5 bulbs and can be easily changed. You may also want to change your interior lights at the same time (same bulbs)

I tried to change the front reading light to White LED, but after dismantling the panel then realise the bulb is not using T10.

The bulb is soldered onto a PCB board.

• Praise 1

For those fitted the alarm from TC do take note all doors can't be opened fr inside once it's armed.

Pls remember this if you have habit of locking up when pumping petrol in Malaysia with passengers inside.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1