Nissan Pulsar

Kia7200

(edited)

Pulsar sits pretty high, almost similar to honda vezel. Imo, pulsar is like a mini crossover whaha

Impreza looks better in design and sits lower.

Individual preference.

I suspect pulsar is composed during cornering is mainly due to the lightweight 1.2 engine. Front nose feels light and easy to control. I have driven awd 2L sedan and cornering feels quite nose heavy if u know what i mean.

The pulsar does look good. Its quite a sharp car that, imo, is a good competition to Suzuki Swift as a sporty hatch. So far happy with the drive?? At what rpm does the turbo kick in??

Edited by Buadongdong
↡ Advertisement

The pulsar does look good. Its quite a sharp car that, imo, is a good competition to Suzuki Swift as a sporty hatch. So far happy with the drive?? At what rpm does the turbo kick in??

Not sure about the comparison with swift....the size is quite big among the hatches...

Park beside latio hb and can really see the difference in size.

Pulsar is more like a family hatchback.

Drive, handling exceeded my expectation for a 100k car.

Turbo kick in around 2k rpm but need to rev to 3k+ to really feel the power rush

• Praise 1

Did my first tank on ron 95. Manual calculated FC is very similar to onboard FC of 12+km/l. 60-70%highway and i am not a light footer.

Trying out 98 now.

60-70% highway, note can easily get 16km/L

60-70% highway, note can easily get 16km/L

Thats nice...similar to vezel hybrid

Pulsar is a heavy car btw, only 20kg lighter than QQ

(edited)

Same here, was comparing swift and pulsar. Swift is smaller but the price won me over. Swift was going for 83k vs pulsar going for close to 100k.

Swift parf got 6k, pulsar only 3k. Chose swift in the end for the lower depreciation when both are hatchbacks. Will lose out on the power though.

Went to see the pulsar, indeed spacious and nice aesthetically but the dashboard interior feels alittle dated for the price we are paying.

Edited by walkofwinners

Same here, was comparing swift and pulsar. Swift is smaller but the price won me over. Swift was going for 83k vs pulsar going for close to 100k.

Swift parf got 6k, pulsar only 3k. Chose swift in the end for the lower depreciation when both are hatchbacks. Will lose out on the power though.

Went to see the pulsar, indeed spacious and nice aesthetically but the dashboard interior feels alittle dated for the price we are paying.

Im assuming u are referring to the 1.4l swift. Its way underpowered imo. 94 horses for a 1.4l is quite lousy for performance.

Im assuming u are referring to the 1.4l swift. Its way underpowered imo. 94 horses for a 1.4l is quite lousy for performance.

Haha well I guess I can live with the lesser power, saved myself 20k.

Swift depre: less than 8k/year after deducting parf

Pulsar depre: almost 10k/year, parf value only 3k

For pulsar, I would actually rate it against Mazda 2 hatchback in terms of power. Mazda 2 might lose out by abit but then again price wins.

Nissan seems to be killing themselves though, pulsar and note at almost 100k. What on earth!

Twincharged

Weight of the swift is 210kg less. The difference in power might not be that apparent.

Supersonic
(edited)

I find the pulsar dashboard interior quite similar to QQ.

Haha well I guess I can live with the lesser power, saved myself 20k.

Swift depre: less than 8k/year after deducting parf

Pulsar depre: almost 10k/year, parf value only 3k

For pulsar, I would actually rate it against Mazda 2 hatchback in terms of power. Mazda 2 might lose out by abit but then again price wins.

Nissan seems to be killing themselves though, pulsar and note at almost 100k. What on earth!

So they are selling the pulsar at 100k? Indeed quite pricey for a hatchback. Looks like the price difference between pulsar is quite close to QQ. I believe many people would rather get the QQ.

Edited by 13177

Weight of the swift is 210kg less. The difference in power might not be that apparent.

Its still gonna be apparent.. not that the pulsar feels more powerful.. but swift is gonna feel very strained... my previous car of 100 horses i already feel its working damn hard to move the car.. with 94 horses, even hyundai accent has 99 horses for a 1.4l engine.

Twincharged
(edited)

Its still gonna be apparent.. not that the pulsar feels more powerful.. but swift is gonna feel very strained... my previous car of 100 horses i already feel its working damn hard to move the car.. with 94 horses, even hyundai accent has 99 horses for a 1.4l engine.

I won't argue with you but you need to try to know. Weight makes a huge difference to the handling and response of the car.

For hp and torque it's no use looking at the specs alone. Unless the difference is 50-100hp. A good example is the drag race between a golf r and a focus rs by EVO on youtube

Edited by Mkl22

(edited)

What was your previous car?

To be fair, pulsar is a nice car but at the pricing, it's gonna be hard to sell.

Mazda 3 is also around 100k and vw was also selling their golf or polo during car show for 99k.

Edited by walkofwinners

(edited)

When i was scouting for cars, mazda/honda gave me 4k less for trade in compared to TC. So eventually, mazda 2 sedan and honda city cost the same as pulsar (lite version)

Mazda 2 quite a fast car and good handling, but not suitable for 1.8m+ driver...after adjusting the seat, rear space is almost non existant. Whereas, they priced their mazda 3 HB so high...sianzzz

Edited by ccc888

(edited)

I find the pulsar dashboard interior quite similar to QQ.

So they are selling the pulsar at 100k? Indeed quite pricey for a hatchback. Looks like the price difference between pulsar is quite close to QQ. I believe many people would rather get the QQ.

Yes, i would have chosen QQ too if not for the inadequate headroom. BUT, i would end up with Mitsu ASX if i can accept the body roll for SUV/crossover. Better features, more handsome imo and similar price. Whenever i see ASX on the road, i wished i have follow my heart....zzzzz

QQ only cost 5-8k more. Pulsar got slightly better features though like tpms and led headlight.

Edited by ccc888
  • Praise 1

When i was scouting for cars, mazda/honda gave me 4k less for trade in compared to TC. So eventually, mazda 2 sedan and honda city cost the same as pulsar (lite version)

Mazda 2 quite a fast car and good handling, but not suitable for 1.8m+ driver...after adjusting the seat, rear space is almost non existant. Whereas, they priced their mazda 3 HB so high...sianzzz

Kah Motor is one of the worst ADs to do trade in for old car. I would advise everyone to sell the car themselves before walking into AD to get a new car.
  • Praise 2