Hit and run at Nexx HDB Carpark - SJV4332G

Maz0608

As I was about to leave the car park at about 11pm just now, somebody approached me.

He has just witnessed a car reversed into my stationary car and asked me to check the extent of damage to my car.

He gave me the car plate of the car and is willing to be my witness.

I would like to thank him for staying around to inform me about the incident though he has a family in tow and it was already very late.

The damage is pretty minor, some scratches and a small dent to the front bumper.

I would have let it go under normal circumstances, which I have done in the past after the other party apologised.

To the driver of the vehicle, If I don't hear from you by tomorrow afternoon after my lunch.

I am gonna make a police report.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Legally I think the police report has to be made 24 hours after the incident which means you need to lodge a report by 11am on Sunday, if I where you I would lodge an online report in the morning asap. I don't know what happens if you lodge 24 hours after (probably nothing) but why take the chance.

I hope you got the guys number to be a witness, usually mata not so active unless you got some video evidence.

As I was about to leave the car park at about 11pm just now, somebody approached me.
He has just witnessed a car reversed into my stationary car and asked me to check the extent of damage to my car.

I would like to thank him for staying around to inform me about the incident though he has a family in tow and it was already very late.

The damage is pretty minor, some scratches and a small dent to the front bumper.
I would have let it go under normal circumstances, which I have done in the past after the other party apologised.

To the driver of the vehicle, If I don't hear from you by tomorrow afternoon after my lunch.

• Praise 1

Seriously I doubt the person will own up. Better quickly make a police report before 11am
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the advice.

Now I gonna make the report after my breakfast instead.

I am not concerned whether I can nail him for his actions eventually.

I just wanted to give him an early ang pao for CNY and put a record in the mata's files.

Legally I think the police report has to be made 24 hours after the incident which means you need to lodge a report by 11am on Sunday, if I where you I would lodge an online report in the morning asap. I don't know what happens if you lodge 24 hours after (probably nothing) but why take the chance.

I hope you got the guys number to be a witness, usually mata not so active unless you got some video evidence.

24 hrs would be 11pm on Sunday night.  No???

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Did you get the other guy's number? Got him to pass you the video also? No video, they very unlikely to do anything.

Thanks for the advice.

Now I gonna make the report after my breakfast instead.

I am not concerned whether I can nail him for his actions eventually.

I just wanted to give him an early ang pao for CNY and put a record in the mata's files.

Actually mata also dun care. You report,they just file it up

Actually mata also dun care. You report,they just file it up

Not really leh, I report and run before and they got the driver down to the station to settle
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Not really leh, I report and run before and they got the driver down to the station to settle

Really depends on the other party. If you got his license plate, they'll contact the driver informing him that someone made a report that he hit their car. He will have to go down to assist in the investigation and if he denies it, then they'll probably stop investigating if no video. If he gets scared and admits then maybe can claim lo.

Driver would hv owned up if he has left a note on it!

like this?

large.jpg

Really depends on the other party. If you got his license plate, they'll contact the driver informing him that someone made a report that he hit their car. He will have to go down to assist in the investigation and if he denies it, then they'll probably stop investigating if no video. If he gets scared and admits then maybe can claim lo.

is it? last time i go idac they say if the other party don't report... there is nothing they can do.... rules change?

aiyah live and let live lah. why must always sinkie pwn sinkie?

your sentence contradicting leh...... 

and how you know is sinkie and not stinkie?

• Praise 1

aiyah live and let live lah. why must always sinkie pwn sinkie?

In essence, the person has damaged another person's property.  So next time, one can pour hydrochloric acid on your car, you will live and let live? Or let's take an extreme example, I set fire your house on fire, let's live and let live. 

[laugh]

• Praise 2

Twincharged

is it? last time i go idac they say if the other party don't report... there is nothing they can do.... rules change?

No la. This one TS say he want to report police ma. So the police will probably call the driver down since he got license plate. But if the guy deny and TS no video then nothing much the police will do also lo.

As I have said, I am not bothered... Yes not bothered at all if I can ever get any claim for this saga.

I can donate every single cent if I can get from the bugger to the MCF Kopi fund if there is any...

Just a few months back, as I was moving off from a traffic light a van kiss my backside. The damage is even more severe than this. Other than a dent on my bumper, the number plate pichar as well.

I didn't claim a single cent from the other driver even though he offered.

As far as I can remember, I have let the other driver off in a few other incident as well when the fault is entirely theirs.

It is not a matter of compensation but rather a matter of principle. I think it is damn irresponsible to leave the scene like that.

For those who say live and let live, wait till it happened to you then you open your big mouth.

As promised, I have reported to the mata after lunch yesterday, the whole thing took less than 15 min.

Whether anything is going to come out from this, I dun know and I couldn't care less.

I have done my part as a fellow motorist to report an irresponsible behaviour.

I guess the witness has the same thinking as me too as he waited for me to come back just to tell me that.

And...who says I dun have the video evidence?

• Praise 4

Twincharged

As I have said, I am not bothered... Yes not bothered at all if I can ever get any claim for this saga.

I can donate every single cent if I can get from the bugger to the MCF Kopi fund if there is any...

Just a few months back, as I was moving off from a traffic light a van kiss my backside. The damage is even more severe than this. Other than a dent on my bumper, the number plate pichar as well.

I didn't claim a single cent from the other driver even though he offered.

As far as I can remember, I have let the other driver off in a few other incident as well when the fault is entirely theirs.

It is not a matter of compensation but rather a matter of principle. I think it is damn irresponsible to leave the scene like that.

For those who say live and let live, wait till it happened to you then you open your big mouth.

As promised, I have reported to the mata after lunch yesterday, the whole thing took less than 15 min.

Whether anything is going to come out from this, I dun know and I couldn't care less.

I have done my part as a fellow motorist to report an irresponsible behaviour.

I guess the witness has the same thinking as me too as he waited for me to come back just to tell me that.

And...who says I dun have the video evidence?

Actually these kind of incidents very common la. Both side of my car have been hit before already. Front bumper hit twice, rear also got hit twice. First 2 incidents, I had no in-car camera, third and fourth one I have, but license plate cannot see.

↡ Advertisement