Multiple accidents from SG to JB

Kia7200

Speaking about this, while on PIE last week, a car suddenly slowed to a crawl on the first lane... Causing a E-brakes and sudden tail back... And it was a New Jetta...

Possibly kancheong driver also forgot to turn on the hazard light and just stayed at lane 2 at 20-30kmh...

VW should conduct safe driving courses for all their customers... They will need it

If involuntary, seems like MU failure.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Up to 1990,Mercedes Benz[W124]still got problem when in jams,near 120'c on the Temp gauge.

Family's mid 90s 190E, also kana. Heavy traffic , temp towards 120c. 1 incident,went 120, white smoke/vapour spewing from the gaps of the bonnet. Mins later....radio announce forthe driver of car to stop driving. Also have rxk ahpek knock our window, say cannot liao...will explode. When it happen was late 90s. Car was 4-5 yo.

• Praise 2

Last Sunday morning which was 24/01/16, I was on my way from SG to JB and as usual, there was a heavy jam. Through this 1hr plus of jam, I saw few things which made me think twice before buying conti cars.

First I saw a Volvo X40 which put hazard light in the middle of jam and stop moving

Then 1 WW Golf turn right to siam the volvo and hit my rear bumper, he act blur wana drive away(in a jam). He say got hit meh, then he said cause that Volvo put hazard light blah blah blah. I let him go cause my picanto is scrapping soon and my scratch is very minor but the Golf scratches is so obvious and big.

Then I saw the Volvo start his car and travel a while before his car die again

Then I saw the Golf who hit me also car die half way.

Like seriously, Wtf is wrong with those cars. Lol

Then 1 WW Golf turn right to siam the volvo and hit my rear bumper, he act blur wana drive away(in a jam).

WW GOLF new car brand??? From where??

• Praise 1

Thank god so far no BMW in this story, not even friends / relatives stories [:p]

Which safe driving course recommend that a moving car should have hazard lights "ON"?

Speaking about this, while on PIE last week, a car suddenly slowed to a crawl on the first lane... Causing a E-brakes and sudden tail back... And it was a New Jetta...

Possibly kancheong driver also forgot to turn on the hazard light and just stayed at lane 2 at 20-30kmh...

VW should conduct safe driving courses for all their customers... They will need it

• Praise 1

More breakdowns will be seen at the immigration or at the bridges if the amount of people crossing over increases.For cars that are frequently stuck in congestion its best to check on your engine condition at every oil change as the heat will burn through every seal, gasket and hoses.

ot abit as don wanna start new thread. witnessed last week a pre-FL vw jetta exhaust kept coming out lotsa white smoke w bonnet popped open. does it mean piston rings gone for good? the smoke was thick n wifey thot car gonna catch fire / explode. but i suppose owner should stop engine first?

Haha, poor Golf driver. First he knocked you and scratched his car, then his car broke down in the jam. Suay day for him.

duno must wait for how long before the tow truck can reach him and turn back [laugh]

ot abit as don wanna start new thread. witnessed last week a pre-FL vw jetta exhaust kept coming out lotsa white smoke w bonnet popped open. does it mean piston rings gone for good? the smoke was thick n wifey thot car gonna catch fire / explode. but i suppose owner should stop engine first?

White smoke from exhaust means coolant has entered the combustion chamber or chambers. Usually the head gasket has given way, damaged cylinder head or heads, or engine block cracked. If it's a vw it's likely that the damaged cylinder head caused it. It's known issue for their ignition timing to go off-sync with the valves hitting the cylinder head causing damage to the valves, cylinder head and even the engine head. Whenever the engine head is damaged or misaligned coolant will start entering the combustion chambers and give off white smoke. It's just like heating a saucepan to red hot temperature and suddenly pour in cold water on it. The engine will suffer a seizure and it has to be overhauled for major repairs.

Aircon compressor failure can also give off a lot of white smoke but not from the exhaust. It will be coming out from under the hood.  

• Praise 3

White smoke from exhaust means coolant has entered the combustion chamber or chambers. Usually the head gasket has given way, damaged cylinder head or heads, or engine block cracked. If it's a vw it's likely that the damaged cylinder head caused it. It's known issue for their ignition timing to go off-sync with the valves hitting the cylinder head causing damage to the valves, cylinder head and even the engine head. Whenever the engine head is damaged or misaligned coolant will start entering the combustion chambers and give off white smoke. It's just like heating a saucepan to red hot temperature and suddenly pour in cold water on it. The engine will suffer a seizure and it has to be overhauled for major repairs.

Aircon compressor failure can also give off a lot of white smoke but not from the exhaust. It will be coming out from under the hood.  

Lately been seeing a fair share of white smoke emitters on BKE, though small sample size of SF* / SG* plates.

Coming back to SG in the morning, there was one odyssey's front right wheel that went over the kerb after the multi humps. Several ICA staff crowding with him to see how to sort it out. Probably revved up after the last hump and vehicle swerved.

Twincharged

Last week I saw a merc and a VW breakdown just after the causeway. Both had steam coming out from their radiators. I think overheat. I realise merc radiator fans always very loud compared to other cars.

Last Sunday morning which was 24/01/16, I was on my way from SG to JB and as usual, there was a heavy jam. Through this 1hr plus of jam, I saw few things which made me think twice before buying conti cars.

First I saw a Volvo X40 which put hazard light in the middle of jam and stop moving

Then 1 WW Golf turn right to siam the volvo and hit my rear bumper, he act blur wana drive away(in a jam). He say got hit meh, then he said cause that Volvo put hazard light blah blah blah. I let him go cause my picanto is scrapping soon and my scratch is very minor but the Golf scratches is so obvious and big.

Turbo charge require faster cooling .... last few in causeway also got one conti car caught fire due to heavy jam and over heat !

Thank god so far no BMW in this story, not even friends / relatives stories [:p]

Which safe driving course recommend that a moving car should have hazard lights "ON"?

VW can conduct it. It will be helpful to prevent rear end collision in event of sudden MU failure.

TBH, I have seen the same thing happen in Mercs 7-Gtronic, but luckily only at parking speeds.

New gearboxes have a drive safe feature, where it jumps to the highest gear to reduce torque when it detects abnormalities. 

It results in lots of engine revs to move the vehicle. It is horrible when this occurs while say climbing a carpark ramp

• Praise 1

erm... karmic retribution?  [sly]

• Praise 2

NPNT

NVNT

kekeke

• Praise 1

Any car brand will breakdown.. its actually not exclusive to any brand or any age of cars.

anything could malfunction from radiator motor spoil to jammed thermostat.. most importantly is to watch the water temperature from time to time when car is stuck in jam.

Many many years ago my 3 year old regularly serviced Korean car also tio faulty thermostat and overheat in jam.. just that I managed to avoid it by looking at water temperature and shut down aircon first.. then shut down engine, then on engine again and car will move as long as aircon us not switched off.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3