Sinkie drive BMW to JB but engine stall on causeway

Yamapi

S'pore Custom must be sleeping [sleeping] ,let a empty tank S'pore Reg car left our Country w/o check...& this guy is a joke,can afford a over $220k car,cannot to afford to pump petrol in S'pore.. [thumbsdown]  :mellow:

• Praise 9

Actually that is the reason why he can drive a big bmw with a large idrive screen. Peasants like us, who want face, have to resort to using garmin and routing cables everywhere.

Learn something new everyday. Those don't want face will make it bigger in life.

• Praise 4

Knn, our 3/4 rule epic fail.. I have never driven in with lower than 3/4 tank no matter what.. Reason is I don't like to pump petrol at jb unless necessary.. When coming back from long distance, I prefer to fill up like few stop before I reach tuas custom and not the last petrol kiosk...

• Praise 6

the proton guy supply him a 1L bottle of fuel?

with a fuel tank of 70L ... he can pump 69L fuel once reach jb ... jin ho jiak [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

He pump full tank in Sgp is around SGD150 but pump full tank in JB is only RM150 or SGD 50 .  Can save SGD 100 .

SGD 100 saved is RM300 ;  can go eat bak kut teh , then one massage session with special , still got change wor .

• Praise 3

Honestly, why are we laughing at the guy? Because his car stalled due to lack of petrol, or he wants to pump cheaper petrol and thus, didn't pump to ensure he can cross the causeway before he runs out of fuel? Or because he drives a beemer?

Who is the 3/4 fuel tank rule meant to protect?

While I know rules are rules, not all rules are equal, and in this case, I wouldn't laugh at the guy for going in with less than 3/4 tank to save money. Someone mentioned he had a 70L tank, and would save about $100 bucks by ignoring the 3/4 tank rule. It's not an insignificant sum of money, even in this day and age.

What I would want to knock his head for, is for not ensuring he has enough fuel to get to the pump and causing traffic to hold up because he wouldn't pump in an extra couple of bucks of petrol to ensure he wouldn't cause trouble to others.

• Praise 20
  • Dislike 1

I highly doubt it's that fellow's car. Not every driver of the car is the owner.

Like some ppl will say if got the ability to afford such a car why do this kinda thing.

Honestly, why are we laughing at the guy? Because his car stalled due to lack of petrol, or he wants to pump cheaper petrol and thus, didn't pump to ensure he can cross the causeway before he runs out of fuel? Or because he drives a beemer?

Who is the 3/4 fuel tank rule meant to protect?

While I know rules are rules, not all rules are equal, and in this case, I wouldn't laugh at the guy for going in with less than 3/4 tank to save money. Someone mentioned he had a 70L tank, and would save about $100 bucks by ignoring the 3/4 tank rule. It's not an insignificant sum of money, even in this day and age.

What I would want to knock his head for, is for not ensuring he has enough fuel to get to the pump and causing traffic to hold up because he wouldn't pump in an extra couple of bucks of petrol to ensure he wouldn't cause trouble to others.

3/4 rule has the intended effect of preventing unnecessary travel, clogging the causeway and 2nd link when people go in just to pump petrol, etc.

whether one agrees with the law or rule or what, be prepared for the consequence when caught.

to call him silly for being caught out is unbelievable.

• Praise 3

3/4 rule has the intended effect of preventing unnecessary travel, clogging the causeway and 2nd link when people go in just to pump petrol, etc.

whether one agrees with the law or rule or what, be prepared for the consequence when caught.

I would be willing to offer 3:1 odds that "preventing unnecessary travel" has nothing to do the 3/4 tank rule. 

There would be two justifications that are simple and straight forward

1. Collection of tax dollars.  Petrol is taxed.  Allowing people to pump across the border means that Singapore tax dollars go to Malaysia - this is exactly the same as why we must pay GST on goods bought in Malaysia

2. Negative Externalities - consumption of a petrol is a negative thing for society (it causes pollution) - it only makes sense that we should collect tax and discourge this at the source of where the pollution is released - how does this happen if the tax is paid to Malaysia rather than Singapore 

• Praise 4

You'll be surprised to see a lot of Merc, BMW, Audi and even Porsche treat the petrol kiosk across the border as a watering hole. Thanks to the officers who are always sleeping, talking among themselves, playing with their phones or simply not at their station, there is no such thing as the 3/4 tank rule.

HAR?????? 

seriously LOL  :XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2