Police nab Singaporean housewife involved in luxury vehicles

Wt_know

Any problem just ask Apandi close the case lor....

Apandi just given a board of directors LOL, the timing is impeccable. :)

↡ Advertisement

Why do I have this notion that most SG-JB cross straits businesses are shady in nature?? And what is Singapore ICA doing letting deregistered car smuggled across the causeway without proper paperwork? All they know is remind you to insert cash card and check your 3/4 tank. Knn.

Impossible for customs to know abt the deregistered cars.

They got fake plate numbers which are copied from similar car model.

Anyway, this kind of biz had been going on for years.

This housewife probably a small fry. The big mastermind is still out there.

• Praise 2

Why do I have this notion that most SG-JB cross straits businesses are shady in nature?? And what is Singapore ICA doing letting deregistered car smuggled across the causeway without proper paperwork? All they know is remind you to insert cash card and check your 3/4 tank. Knn.

you can bring it overseas before you de-reg the car..........

• Praise 1

Singapore scrapyards must be involved. Instead or exporting them to other countries or scrapping the cars, they drive it over to M'sia.

They exporting it to other country mah... that is M'sia. As long as it does not stay in SG it is exporting.

And in a more ingenious way.. by driving it instead of transporting it by trucks or car carriers.

BTW, anyone knows what is the name of those car trucks that can carry like 6 to 8 cars on their double deckers?

Thanks

Pray tell how to bring it overseas before de-registering other than fraudently report in SG that the car being stolen while overseas. Thanks in advance. 

Would be interesting to know how these syndicates operate. A car that has been deregistered yet still can be driven across the causeway. They definitely won't put up a Malaysian number plate 'cos it must have the record of entering Singapore with the Autopass. To put another SG license plate would be akin to cloning. How they bypass the loopholes? Unless driven across the causeway and made a false report of stolen.

Twincharged

But you must have the export documents right? So I guess they forged the malaysian govt side documents to prove it is exported.

Would be interesting to know how these syndicates operate. A car that has been deregistered yet still can be driven across the causeway. They definitely won't put up a Malaysian number plate 'cos it must have the record of entering Singapore with the Autopass. To put another SG license plate would be akin to cloning. How they bypass the loopholes? Unless driven across the causeway and made a false report of stolen.

Either drive over and report lost before deregistering or forge some documents from malaysia customs to show that vehicle has been exported so can deregister at LTA counter.

Edited by Nzy

This case make me recall an event at Tuas Checkpoint bridge leading to Malaysia. Not sure related to such cases.

Several months ago, we were driving back to Singapore via Tuas Checkpoint. I noticed a flatbed tow truck stopped on the opposite side [towards Malaysia].

The flatbed tow truck carried a SG-car [iirc, Hyundai Matrix], and tow another SG-car behind. I lady alighted from the FB tow truck and drove the SG-car off towards Malaysia. The Matrix was then lowered onto the road, and a man drove it off towards Malaysia.

At that moment, I can't think of any reasons for doing such things. 

• Praise 1

Pray tell how to bring it overseas before de-registering other than fraudently report in SG that the car being stolen while overseas. Thanks in advance. 

besides car being stolen overseas, CBT also possible... i encountered a few cases in my time while working in car finance...

basically, the fella rent the car to xxx then xxx drove to malaysia and MIA.... this will be considered CBT, this was what i was told previously by police, so in cases like this, the car has exit the country legally but was subsequently de registered

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/de_register_a_vehicle/de-register/vehicle_lost_theft.html

hope i answered your question

But you must have the export documents right? So I guess they forged the malaysian govt side documents to prove it is exported.

Either drive over and report lost before deregistering or forge some documents from malaysia customs to show that vehicle has been exported so can deregister at LTA counter.

pls see my reply to ngseeming

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 1

I remember that deregistered SG cars are not allowed to export to Malaysia. LTA regulations.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I remember that deregistered SG cars are not allowed to export to Malaysia. LTA regulations.

Didn't know that. The only thing they told me is if I want to deregister over the counter, need all the export documents.

↡ Advertisement