GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

Supersonic

Cheapskates are everywhere, you can't avoid them. You can simply choose not to accept the booking. Of course that will impact your AR - but only very marginally.

Even if I do sign up for Grabcar Plus (haven't made up my mind), I will accept GrabShare only for the sake of that first 50 qualifying rides. After that I will close the door on Grabshare entirely again. You can't be receiving 20 Grabshare pings a day anyway.

You mean passengers who select grabshare are cheapskates?  [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

Some grabhitch driver more kaykiang, personal contact regular rider pay cash mode skip the 10% to grab and rebate to the rider. They think they are helping the rider save cost. Accident don't happen only, if happen rider injured you see the rider will say he/she a friend of the driver or not? At the end the rider did pay for the fare. Even rider want to help but I believe their family member also disagreed. Really stupid to skip this 10%

• Praise 1

And in China,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45313074

Didi Chuxing suspends carpool service after woman killed

China's ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing has suspended its carpool service after police said a driver raped and killed a female passenger.

A company statement said the incident showed there were deficiencies in its processes, and so it would suspend its Hitch system for re-evaluation.

Authorities said the 20-year-old woman hailed the ride Friday in the eastern city of Wenzhou.

A similar incident happened just months ago.

In May the company suspended and changed Didi Hitch, which pairs car owners and passengers, after a 21-year-old flight attendant died after using the service in Zhengzhou.

In the latest incident, police said the woman got into the taxi at 1300 local time (0500 GMT) and messaged a friend for help an hour later before losing contact.

Authorities detained 27-year-old driver named Zhong early on Saturday morning, who confessed to raping and murdering his passenger, police said.

The body has been recovered and the investigation is ongoing, the statement said.

Didi Chuxing said Zhong had no previous criminal record, but admitted there had been a previous complaint made against him.

A previous passenger allegedly said the driver had taken them to a remote place and followed them after they left the car.

"The incident shows the many deficiencies with our customer service processes," Didi's statement read, saying this was "too high a cost to pay".

The company also fired the head and vice president of Hitch.

Didi Chuxing is the world's largest ride-hail company by number of trips, reportedly completing more than one billion journeys in the past three years.

In 2016, US taxi app Uber agreed to sell its local business to Didi after failing to make a profit.

A friend of mine who is a hardcore Grab supporter ... I will just tell her in her face don't give me bulls**t.

to be fair, she has no other ride-sharing platform to support also following the exodus of Uber. [bounce2]

Turbocharged

to be fair, she has no other ride-sharing platform to support also following the exodus of Uber. [bounce2]

She took the Grabhitch equivalent of Didi Chuxing. When I was in China, the service by Didi is good!!!

She took the Grabhitch equivalent of Didi Chuxing. When I was in China, the service by Didi is good!!!

滳滳專車is good.

快車could end up with crappy car.

An all-new loyalty programme for Hitch Drivers, driving has never been this rewarding.

Besides Hitch benefits such as reduced platform fee rate (as low as 5%), no-show guarantee etc, you also get to enjoy exclusive offers from our partners, curated to complement your saving goals.

Best news? Hitch Club membership is FREE - no subscription required!

All you have to do is to...

Drive Hitch and earn points with every ride.

Move up the tiers.

Unlock bigger, better benefits!

It’s hard to achieve their point system unless you’re planning to do Hitch Full time.

Any hitch driver interested? I’m not.

Edited by uniquely_ad

DiDi super cheap no horse run [thumbsup]

滳滳專車is good.

I remember RMB7 deduct from WeChat wallet...niceeeeeeeee [drivingcar]

An all-new loyalty programme for Hitch Drivers, driving has never been this rewarding.

Besides Hitch benefits such as reduced platform fee rate (as low as 5%), no-show guarantee etc, you also get to enjoy exclusive offers from our partners, curated to complement your saving goals.

Best news? Hitch Club membership is FREE - no subscription required!

All you have to do is to...

Drive Hitch and earn points with every ride.

Move up the tiers.

Unlock bigger, better benefits!

It’s hard to achieve their point system unless you’re planning to do Hitch Full time.

Any hitch driver interested? I’m not.

Hitch driver don't need license right? [sly]

Then GrabCar pay 20% plus license not worth leh  [rolleyes]

DiDi super cheap no horse run [thumbsup]

I remember RMB7 deduct from WeChat wallet...niceeeeeeeee [drivingcar]

Hitch driver don't need license right? [sly]

Then GrabCar pay 20% plus license not worth leh [rolleyes]

Hitch price are 30-40% lower than GrabCar cost(maxed at $16) meanwhile GrabCar can go up to 30+ easily if far distance

Turbocharged

Hitch price are 30-40% lower than GrabCar cost(maxed at $16) meanwhile GrabCar can go up to 30+ easily if far distance

if it's along the way and not having to detour, it's actually quite good.

Additional money.

I'm rather picky though. Strictly along the way and my timing only..

• Praise 2

if it's along the way and not having to detour, it's actually quite good.

Additional money.

I'm rather picky though. Strictly along the way and my timing only..

You mean even the rider sit behind and treat you like taxi?

I would prefer they sit behind and don’t talk to me. I’m just gonna collect money and reach my destination. However if they do want a conversation I’m down with it too.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Rarely I get a direct match, maybe that’s why.

When I do, most sat in front. Those went behind will likely regret the moment they sat down.. unless they are midgets

Turbocharged

I would prefer they sit behind and don’t talk to me. I’m just gonna collect money and reach my destination. However if they do want a conversation I’m down with it too.

Treat like extra baggage that u need to lug along..

one thing, I like the perfumes the OL wear.. it’s okay not to talk

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2